• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Tomb Raider (Spiritomb / Hoopa / Galarian Zigzagoon / Jynx / Jirachi)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
TOMB RAIDER

150px-Nezz.png

Pokémon (16):
  • 2 Galarian Zigzagoon S1 (enable)
  • 4 Spiritomb SM10 (beatdown)
  • 2 Hoopa S3 (beatdown)
  • 4 Jirachi SM12 (search)
  • 1 Mewtwo S10 (search)
  • 2 Jynx SM11 (enable)
  • 1 Oricorio GX (draw)
Trainer (36):
  • 2 Boss's Orders (control)
  • 3 Prof. Research (draw)
  • 4 Bird Keeper (draw)
  • 3 Marnie (draw)
  • 3 Pokémon Communication (search)
  • 1 Lana's Fishing Rod (retrieval)
  • 4 Toughness Cape (enable)
  • 4 Scoop Up Net (retrieval)
  • 4 Quick Ball (search)
  • 4 Switch (retreat)
  • 4 Spikemuth (enable)

Energy (08):
  • 4 Darkness Energy
  • 4 Hide Energy

STRATEGY:

Go second and start with Spiritomb. Bench Jirachi and search out switch cards in addition to Spikemuth. Switch between Spiritomb and Jirachi to accululate five to seven counters on Spiritomb depending on whether Toughness Cape is attached. This enables Spiritomb to one shot Pokémon V and knock out Pokémon Vmax in two shots.

SPOILER:

Hoopa
Basic Darkness Pokémon
HP: 120
[D] Assault Gate: 90
If this Pokémon wasn’t moved from your bench to the active spot during your turn, this attack does nothing. This attack isn’t affected by weakness.
Retreat Cost: CC
Weakness: G

Bird Keeper
Trainer - Supporter
Switch your active Pokémon with 1 of your benched Pokémon. Then, draw 3 cards.

Toughness Cape
Trainer - Pokémon Tool
The maximum HP of the Basic Pokémon this card is attached to is increased by 50 (excl. Pokémon GX).

Spikemuth
Trainer - Stadium
Whenever a player’s Pokémon is moved from the active spot to the bench during their turn, put 2 damage counters on that Pokémon.

Last edited:

TheTempest

Aspiring Trainer
I think that, as you run 4 Scoop Up Net and 4 Switch, Jirachi would give this deck a great consistency boost. I'm not sure what you could cut, as all the cards seem to be crucial to the deck's ability to run smoothly. Another card that would really help is Black Market.

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
What's the point of not actually running Piers in this deck? The only pokemon it doesn't get is Jynx, so the utility seems worthwhile, over something like a full set of Marnie. Personally, I'd cut a Marnie, if not 2, and a Zigzagoon for Piers here.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi TheTempest,

Thanks for the review. Not sure whether this deck has the space for Jirachi. Scoop Up Net is mainly there to reuse Galarian Zigzagoon and the deck needs to switch and keep Pokémon on the battlefield to load damage counters on Spiritomb. I like the idea to include Black Market but not sure how to make room for it at the moment since the deck relies a lot on Spikemuth.

Hi JohnInCENAroar,

Thanks for the review. I am still on the fence between Piers and Nanu in this deck. Guess I may give Piers a shot in this list too.

TheTempest

Aspiring Trainer
I think that, while the Oricorio-GX adds a great draw option, it is crucial not to play it. It is readily gusted, offering an easy two prizes to the opponent. This is especially crucial in the Eternatus matchup, as they can Boss up the Oricorio and get an easy 1HKO with Hoopa.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi TheTempest,

I agree that it is a wise decision to restrain from benching Oricorio GX when faced with Eternatus Vmax decks that also run the Sun and Moon Hoopa. The Sword and Shield version is not an issue since it does not take weakness into account. In other matches however Orocorio GX is a nice draw engine and may work even better than Dedenne GX or Crobat V. This deck still is one of my favorites.