• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Flareon / Nightmarch

Mora

Don't Panic
Pokémon: 26
  • 4 Joltik
  • 4 Pumpkaboo
  • 4 Lampent
  • 4-4 Flareon
  • 1 Mew
  • 1 Marshadow GX
  • 3 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Dedenne GX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 1 Guzma
  • 1 N
  • 1 Pokémon Ranger
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 1 Muscle Band
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Special Charge
Energy: 4
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Discard all of the Pokemans and do a ridiculous amount of damage. With 30 Pokémon in the deck, Vespiquen maxes out at 320 damage with Muscle Band. Would like to get that up to 340 to KO Snorlax, but whiffing on Stellar Wish is kind of a concern.

ADP Big Rat

150/350
Stellar Wish is bad in expanded, you should be running Mail. Night March does really care about benching Shaymins so Scoopy Net is also unnecessary when you can just bench another Shaymin.

This is only my personal opinion, but I think Flareon is better than Vespi because in the Eggrow/Plume matchup, you REALLY need to be taking more consistent KOs, which they're going to try stopping by item locking you. Weakness not only fixes that, but turns it into a much favorable matchup.

For the sake of consistency I really think you should add the 4th Seeker, play Teammates, and if you cut Nets, add a Float.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
There is no point in time while playing vespiquen when you will have all 28 other pokemon in the discard pile and not just lose to by being benched. Use marshadow GX to copy joltic that's the only way your taking down a snorlax feasibly.

legolover322

Aspiring Trainer
Hello! So I've ~ Y O I N K E D ~ this particular list and I've played it for a while, and I have some suggestions:

- You just gotta have four VS Seeker in Expanded; I found myself constantly discarding them off of Junipers, Ultra Balls, and Dedennes. Since I haven't run into a lot of ADP in Expanded, I've cut the Ranger for that sweet sweet fourth copy of VS Seeker.
- I would highly recommend an extra copy of Special Charge or even a Twin Energy, just to keep swinging throughout the game. All too often I will be forced to discard the Special Charge and/or a DCE just to dig for additional resources to hit a critical knockout.
- Uhh... no ACE SPEC?
- As for adding in a Marshadow, it's not a bad idea, but I haven't found myself facing a lot of MaxLax in Expanded. I dunno.
- I hate to say it, but Jirachi might be a flop here; I just never find myself using it! Maybe swap them for an extra Shaymin and a Lele?
- Maaaaybe find some room to cram in one copy of Stretcher to get some Joltiks back for the late game?

That's what I have from playtesting! Hope this helps!

ADP Big Rat

150/350
- Uhh... no ACE SPEC?
I somehow missed that. Definitely add Comp Search to this, or if you can't afford one online, Dowsing is a really good secondary option.

I also agree with everything else @legolover322 said that I missed. Marshadow is good if you're trying to hit numbers for the sake of killing Lax Max, Stretcher is good because you aren't playing the D Valley to attack with the Pumpkin, and playing a second Special Charge/ Twin Energy gives you more Energy outs. Twin Energy is better here imo because you find more hard energy early game, which improves consistency, and gives you more attacking outs to the decks that run Faba.

I also didn't bring it up before, but I have no clue why you don't run E Power. Joltik + E Power is a lot more consistent at hitting high numbers than Vespi/Flareon is. Night March is a deck that's really good at digging, and also having access to Teammates to find the E Powers without needing to burn resources is really good.

Mora

Don't Panic
I'm should preface all of this by saying I'm a returning player who hasn't played in five years, and I'm still in the process of figuring things out for myself. I've moved on to other competitive strategic games, but I decided to revisit it mostly for the nostalgia and the community.
Stellar Wish is bad in expanded, you should be running Mail. Night March does really care about benching Shaymins so Scoopy Net is also unnecessary when you can just bench another Shaymin.

This is only my personal opinion, but I think Flareon is better than Vespi because in the Eggrow/Plume matchup, you REALLY need to be taking more consistent KOs, which they're going to try stopping by item locking you. Weakness not only fixes that, but turns it into a much favorable matchup.

For the sake of consistency I really think you should add the 4th Seeker, play Teammates, and if you cut Nets, add a Float.
I think you mean that Night March doesn't care about Shaymins taking up Bench space, which I agree, but the reason why I like it is for prize denial. The last time I played this deck was when it was in Standard (probably why this list doesn't have an Ace Spec, just noticed that :oops:), and I believe a copy of AZ was pretty standard just for that reason. Obviously a lot has changed since then. I have been using the scoop ups for that with some success. I agree Jirachi isn't great in Expanded, but my thinking was it's Trainers' Mail that's also a Pokémon.

I haven't run into a lot of Vileplume on ladder, but I'll keep that in mind if that changes.

I actually had 4 VS Seeker, Teammates, and a Float Stone before I went a little crazy trying to max out the Pokémon in the deck. So many Pokémon in the deck, it felt like being a kid at recess lol. Teammates was the hardest thing for me to cut tbh.
There is no point in time while playing vespiquen when you will have all 28 other pokemon in the discard pile and not just lose to by being benched. Use marshadow GX to copy joltic that's the only way your taking down a snorlax feasibly.
You don't get Benched if you use it to take your last two or three prizes, and by that point, most other Pokémon are in the discard. And I usually do get everything else in the discard besides Dedenne.

Vespiquen.png

I do like the Marshadow suggestion. That and Mew might be really good to take advantage of Weakness.
Hello! So I've ~ Y O I N K E D ~ this particular list and I've played it for a while, and I have some suggestions:

- You just gotta have four VS Seeker in Expanded; I found myself constantly discarding them off of Junipers, Ultra Balls, and Dedennes. Since I haven't run into a lot of ADP in Expanded, I've cut the Ranger for that sweet sweet fourth copy of VS Seeker.
- I would highly recommend an extra copy of Special Charge or even a Twin Energy, just to keep swinging throughout the game. All too often I will be forced to discard the Special Charge and/or a DCE just to dig for additional resources to hit a critical knockout.
- Uhh... no ACE SPEC?
- As for adding in a Marshadow, it's not a bad idea, but I haven't found myself facing a lot of MaxLax in Expanded. I dunno.
- I hate to say it, but Jirachi might be a flop here; I just never find myself using it! Maybe swap them for an extra Shaymin and a Lele?
- Maaaaybe find some room to cram in one copy of Stretcher to get some Joltiks back for the late game?

That's what I have from playtesting! Hope this helps!
-I figured if I had less VS Seekers, I wouldn't have to discard as many of them. Not true, actually. Just played a game where my opening hand consisted of Juniper and all 3 VS Seekers. Still won /somehow/. They do kind of clog up the hand sometimes when you've already used a Supporter and you're still trying to fish an Energy. I was trying to minimize the number of cards I couldn't play down immediately, but I concede I have to add it back. Keeping the Ranger though because I run into ADP every other match it seems, and I feel like it one card that turns an auto loss into a favorable matchup.
-No Ace Spec? Of course there's a--oh, no. There's not :eek: I always forget the Ace Spec when I update lists from Standard to Expanded. Computer Search definitely going in, consider it done!
-Definitely still play Jirachi in your list if you're going to play just some random Stage 2 that doesn't do anything. No reason not to, right?
-I can't remember the last time I ran out of attackers in this deck. If anything, I'd run out of Energy. But I'm adding Marshadow, and maybe even Mew, so now I really won't run out of attackers.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I appreciate it!

Mora

Don't Panic
Finally got around to updating my list. Now that I hit more things for Weakness, I don't feel the need to have a deck of 60 Pokémon. And I actually had a playset of Flareon just laying around in ptcgo, so I went ahead and made that change too.