Galarian Slowbro Revealed, New 'Sword & Shield Expansion Pass' Trailer!

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
That is just tie-dye Slowbro smh

I like the white, yellow, and black fighting type at the start, and they are bringing back GIRATINA! (sinnoh remake hints?)

GMAX Venusaur and Blastoise look lit, the new stuffed fighting bear looks like a bleached Stufful, the dojos are cool.

There is no way bleached Stufful evolves into that amazing specimen! The final evo is so cool, I want him on my team! Kinda gives me Grimmsnarl vibes.

Beautiful winter scene, psychic goat with a pillow on his head, mansion, amazing regi temples, Cryogonal is back, and suddenly they release every cover legendary ever in raids. I want this.

New legendary birds, then a recap of everything. Birds look alright, but every living fiber in my body wants these expansions right now.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
This really excited me.
I can't wait to have this DLC!

Also,EVERYONE IS HERE!

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
My disappointment is immeasurable. We waited for 4 months for news and this is what we get? Clarification on what we already know exists and nothing additional to actually get us to shell out $30 for this?

Last edited:

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
I guess it nice that the "second generation" with the Dynamax mechanic its just a continuation of Sword and Sheild. Maybe we will get Megas back for Gen 4 remkes. Also since they are releasing the legendaries through raids if they don't change the date time mechanic then shiny hunting these dudes will be easier than ever.;)

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
Now I'm curious about how Regidrago will be display in the tcg. Will the dragon type cards return?

The Fish

0.o
I swear the Regi names are the Japanese versions ONLY. So surely we'll get the English names soon, or am I missing something?

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
I swear the Regi names are the Japanese versions ONLY. So surely we'll get the English names soon, or am I missing something?

No, those are the English names. They are listed on the English Pokemon website. And besides, Gamefreak tries to make it so that Legendary Pokemon names are the same across all languages. There are very few, if any Legendary Pokemon that have a different name depending on the language.

Edit: Turns out, it's not uncommon for some Legendary Pokemon and their sub groups to have different names depending on the language such the Legendary Birds trio, the Lake Spirits trio, the Forces of Nature trio, the Swords of Justice trio, the Tapus and the Ultra Beasts, who all have different names in different languages. Otherwise all cover Legendaries and the other trios have the same name in all languages (except Ho-oh which is named Houou in Japan for some reason).

Either way Regieleki and Regidrago are the English and the Japanese names.

Last edited:

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I can't wait to use Pokemon Home to transport several more Pokemon to my game. The competitive battling scene could definitely see some changes.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
My disappointment is immeasurable. We waited for 4 months for news and this is what we get? Clarification on what we already know exists and nothing additional to actually get us to shell out $30 for this?
Yeeeaaahh... That's kind of what I was thinking. I was interested to see what else was in store when they first announced the pass, but this just looks like what we already knew, but with Pokedex entries. Not much else is new? Cram-o-matic sounds interesting, and I guess Max Soup can solve some issues with trying to get Pokemon that can Gigantamax? (Not entirely sure how the mechanic and specifics work.)

This makes it sound like the Isle of Armor is just "Go to a dojo, get Urshifu, get Galarian Slowbro, k bye. Oh, also Venusaur and Blastoise can Gigantimax." Crown Tundra at least sounds like it could be more substantial in the sense that there are six new legendaries, as well as previous ones. But are there more towns? Are there more new/Galarian Pokemon? What about a Galarian Slowking?* Or is Slowking excluded because Gen 1, amiright??? What are the returning Pokemon?
*Edit: Rcxd9999 corrected this! There will be a Galarian Slowking in Crown Tundra.

I still think this pass is a better alternative to a second version of the games, now that they're $60. But as it stands, the main games just feel like, "Oh, that's it?" Maybe the pass will make the game more complete. This was a good start; I like what I see, so far. "Oh, that's it too?" Okay...

I don't know. I suppose I won't say I'll never buy Shield, but right now, I'm still not thrilled. It's just weird to me that Animal Crossing--a series I've never played before--looked far more appealing to me, a life-long Pokemon fan. (And I've been enjoying New Horizons very much!) I don't think it's fatigue so much as it is seeing SwSh set the bar a bit lower or at least meeting status quo, while several other Nintendo franchises set the bar so high on the Switch.

Last edited:

arulz

THE SEEKER
absolutely loving the new areas. We'll definitely have to wait and see to find out how long or short it is, but I'm loving what I'm seeing!

itmealice

Aspiring Trainer
Otherwise all cover Legendaries and the other trios have the same name in all languages (except Ho-oh which is named Houou in Japan for some reason).

Ho-oh is a transliteration of Houou which is the Japanese name for the mythological fenghuang/chinese phoenix. It's the same name, the english is just stylized in a way that native english speakers can easily understand and pronounce it.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
If Galarian Slobro is Poison/Psychic, then what type is Galarian Slowking? The latter is yet to be revealed.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Yeeeaaahh... That's kind of what I was thinking. I was interested to see what else was in store when they first announced the pass, but this just looks like what we already knew, but with Pokedex entries. Not much else is new? Cram-o-matic sounds interesting, and I guess Max Soup can solve some issues with trying to get Pokemon that can Gigantamax? (Not entirely sure how the mechanic and specifics work.)

This makes it sound like the Isle of Armor is just "Go to a dojo, get Urshifu, get Galarian Slowbro, k bye. Oh, also Venusaur and Blastoise can Gigantimax." Crown Tundra at least sounds like it could be more substantial in the sense that there are six new legendaries, as well as previous ones. But are there more towns? Are there more new/Galarian Pokemon? What about a Galarian Slowking? Or is Slowking excluded because Gen 1, amiright??? What are the returning Pokemon?

I still think this pass is a better alternative to a second version of the games, now that they're $60. But as it stands, the main games just feel like, "Oh, that's it?" Maybe the pass will make the game more complete. This was a good start; I like what I see, so far. "Oh, that's it too?" Okay...

I don't know. I suppose I won't say I'll never buy Shield, but right now, I'm still not thrilled. It's just weird to me that Animal Crossing--a series I've never played before--looked far more appealing to me, a life-long Pokemon fan. (And I've been enjoying New Horizons very much!) I don't think it's fatigue so much as it is seeing SwSh set the bar a bit lower or at least meeting status quo, while several other Nintendo franchises set the bar so high on the Switch.
Like, there was so much that they could have told us about--assuming there is more to show--but most of what was revealed was for the part of the DLC at least a few months away.
The way I see this as the "third version" was that you're paying for what the "third version" would have in it, and in terms of new formes, mons, features, and areas, this looks about par for the course of content to be added for a "third version". It's like there's a lot AND there's so little. I can only hope there's even more that they're keeping hidden until launch, much like they attempted with this generation's news up to launch where they kept like half the Pokedex hidden.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
They said that we get Galarian Slowbro in The Isle of Armor and then we get Galarian Slowking in The Frozen Tundra.
I totally forgot about that! Thank you for the correction. :) I guess in my mind, it didn't make sense to have one and not the other, but they're just splitting it.
Like, there was so much that they could have told us about--assuming there is more to show--but most of what was revealed was for the part of the DLC at least a few months away.
The way I see this as the "third version" was that you're paying for what the "third version" would have in it, and in terms of new formes, mons, features, and areas, this looks about par for the course of content to be added for a "third version". It's like there's a lot AND there's so little. I can only hope there's even more that they're keeping hidden until launch, much like they attempted with this generation's news up to launch where they kept like half the Pokedex hidden.
Yeah, that's how I see this as a second/third version too. And that's also a good point about not showing everything yet. It just felt weird seeing the Isle of Armor info, knowing that they already showed most of it before. But like Rcxd pointed out, there will be a Galarian Slowking, so they haven't revealed everything yet. I think that once everything is known it will be more clear that Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra will be worth $15 each. Right now, the info just seemed off to me, much like a lot of the news has been for me this Gen.