Collecting Difference Between Detective Pikachu Boosters?

Turnip

Aspiring Trainer
I've only very recently started collecting and my first aim is to finish my Detective Pikachu set as I only need 3 cards, hopefully and then hopefully get the promo cards. I know buying singles are the easiest and cheapest way to finish a set like this is buying singles, but I noticed people selling gold booster packs instead of the standard blue ones.

I'm tempted to get some, but I don't understand what the difference actually is. I get that they only have 2 cards, but is there any difference to the cards inside? Do they have the rarer promo cards, or are they just the same as the main set cards?

I feel like the answer to this should be available online somewhere but my Google Fu doesn't seem to be up to scratch. Wondering as I'm tempted to buy a few packs, some to open if they have the promo cards in and some to display with the rest of the cards.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
The golden Detective Pikachu pack is a promotional pack given out at the theatres when the movie was released. Inside the pack is a Detective Pikachu promo card (SM190) plus one random common card from the Detective Pikachu set.

As you'll want the promo, you'd want to get your hands on just one of these for your set (maybe a second if you want to keep a sealed pack). Or actually maybe just buy SM190 directly as it will cheaper then buying and opening a sealed pack for one, unless you want it pack fresh untouched.

Turnip

Aspiring Trainer
Thank you, that makes sense. I found someone selling a job lot including the pikachu and 1 other I was missing cheaper than a sealed pack, so bought that. But as you say it would be nice to have a couple sealed packs.