Deck Archetype Galarian Cursola Discussion Thread

Mora

Don't Panic
@Pokeman has definitely been ghosting me for the last two days. No contact since Wednesday but since he was active on Thursday and his profile shows he logged on today he was more then capable of shooting me a DM to let me know if there was an schedule issue or something but then deliberately choose not to talk to me at all.

I suspect that Pokeman is chickening out of playing in the tourney.

Can I take his place? Give me free stuff! :D

I don't have any Standard decks built atm, so that would be the only way I could play lol.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Both of the lists have completely different ideas.
Yeah, but they were both made as discussion threads, not Deck Garage threads. Seeing different ideas is the whole point, rather than the specific improvement of any one list.

Mora

Don't Panic
We used to have a whole section for Metagame deck discussion threads with a thread for each of the Meta decks complete with a skeleton list, tech options, links to lists that did really well in big events.
A deck garage is for fixing. Their deck was obviously flawless didnt you know
Deck Garage is for players who want advise on their lists, this thread is more for discussion about the deck itself, its matchups, tier status, etc. I think Pokeman was looking more for the latter.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Can I take his place? Give me free stuff! :D

I don't have any Standard decks built atm, so that would be the only way I could play lol.
Sure, why not. I had traded for all the components of the cursola deck while i was waiting for Pokeman to respond so if you want it just DM me your PTCGO name so i can trade it to you

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!
I don’t chicken out of nothing. I would have won the tournament!

I’ve been having a busy week.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
It only takes 1 minute to log on to pokebeach and send me a DM to let me know what's up. Pretty ridiculous to say you couldn't find the time to give 1 minute to the guy who's trying to give you a free deck especially when you were logging on every day

Mora

Don't Panic
ok this is becoming a lets mock @Pokeman thread

100% correct! Let's all stay on topic and maybe cut the negativity, and then I won't have to lock the thread! :D

@Pokeman sorry I yoinked your cards from CrownAxe. I've been playing around with the list, and with all the 3-prizers in format, I definitely see the potential. The list hasn't been very consistent for me, so I'm making a few changes, cutting Draw Energy in favor of Capture Energy, Ordinary Rod for Brocks Grit, some of the random disruption Trainers for Cynthia, and a thicker Shedinja line. I have mixed feelings on Stephen's Resolve. Obviously you can't attack the turn you play it, but I'm no so sure that's a big deal. Corner is kinda mehh anyways, you're mostly going to be taking KO's with the Ability, not the attack. I thought about playing an Energy-less version of the deck, but the retreat lock is definitely good in certain situations. Here's my current list. It's a work in progress; I'm definitely planning to make more changes.

Pokemon
1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
3 Nincada LOT 29
4 Galarian Corsola RCL 78
1 Marshadow UNB 81
4 Galarian Cursola RCL 79
3 Shedinja LOT 95
Trainer Cards - 36
4 Steven's Resolve
4 Mysterious Treasure
1 Brock's Grit
3 Sky Pillar
1 Ordinary Rod
4 Acro Bike
1 Erika's Hospitality
2 Reset Stamp
4 Cynthia
2 Lillie's Poké Doll
4 Professor's Research
4 Ear-Ringing Bell
2 Rosa
Energy - 8
4 Psychic Energy
4 Capture Energy

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah this deck turned out not to be the greatest atm, I’ve entered a bigger current event and could see the finals, it’s something I’ll highly reconsider when the next set comes out!

ok so
1.This deck autoloses to baby blowns because they can just attack six times, although you need to flip at least one tails on cursola to lose if you use shedinja. Baby blowns is one of the "big four" decks so thats not great.

I thought of it and came up with it right away after I read Corner and I already knew the capability of Ear-Ringing Bell with something like this.
Well, switch (a card every deck plays) removes confusion and gets your opponents active pokemon out of the active so corners side effect is useless. Scoop up net also works as baby blowns. You play oleana to counter this, but they can just get another switch/net

3. Your opponent can ko galarian corsolas before they evolve. Whether you go first or second, your opponent will have a chance to take a free prize and give you minus one cursola. Plus, unless you put down all four corsolas t1, youll have to put them down later on and then theyll be vulnerable for a turn before you can evolve it, and your opponent can gust it up. (or baby blowns, which plays no gust, can cramorant v them)

4. Even if your opponent does run out of switches, they can just tool scrapper away the ear ringing bells.

5. What if you get a bad hand

6. You probably lose to adpz. They use altered creation and then attack three times. They take two prizes every time they attack and you take two prizes every time but on a coin flip. I'm pretty sure that they ko before you do so you lose. They can also do the gust up corsola thing as well. Technically combo zacian (another one of the big four can do the same thing if they pull off the jirachi prism star combo a bunch of times (and of course they can still do the gust up corsola thing).

I am such a dumb.

Mora

Don't Panic
I played Cursola in plagueleague's new weekly ptcgo event, and somehow managed to get first place. I played against Zacian, Spiritomb, and then my 3rd round opponent left before we could play. As promised, I recorded all of my games, but it seems they recorded as flv files, and I'm going to have to convert them to mp4 first, which is going to take a while. Here's *my list. In the meantime, I'll see what I can do about the recorded gameplay.

Pokémon: 23
  • 4-4 Galarian Cursola
  • 4-4 Shedinja
  • 3 Jirachi
  • 1-1 Malamar
  • 1 Ditto
  • 1 Phione
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 29
  • 4 Cynthia
  • 4 Marnie
  • 1 Brock's Grit
  • 4 Mysterious Treasure
  • 4 Pokémon Communication
  • 3 Lillie's Poké Doll
  • 3 Scoop Up Net
  • 2 Escape Board
  • 1 Ordinary Rod
  • 3 Sky Pillar
Energy: 8
  • 4 Psychic Energy
  • 4 Capture Energy
If this list looks exactly like the Rare Candy list, that would be because it is. I didn't really care for Pokeman's list, I certainly didn't care my own attempt at a list (I don't even play Standard. What do you want from me?) and I didn't really care for the Rare Candy list either. I think I just don't care for the deck as a whole; it definitely has its problems to deal with. Basically, all of the lists did terrible during my ladder testing; I was just fortunate enough to not play against any Dragapult in the tournament.

ADP Big Rat

150/350
I played Cursola in plagueleague's new weekly ptcgo event, and somehow managed to get first place. I played against Zacian, Spiritomb, and then my 3rd round opponent left before we could play. As promised, I recorded all of my games, but it seems they recorded as flv files, and I'm going to have to convert them to mp4 first, which is going to take a while. Here's *my list. In the meantime, I'll see what I can do about the recorded gameplay.

Pokémon: 23
  • 4-4 Galarian Cursola
  • 4-4 Shedinja
  • 3 Jirachi
  • 1-1 Malamar
  • 1 Ditto
  • 1 Phione
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 29
  • 4 Cynthia
  • 4 Marnie
  • 1 Brock's Grit
  • 4 Mysterious Treasure
  • 4 Pokémon Communication
  • 3 Lillie's Poké Doll
  • 3 Scoop Up Net
  • 2 Escape Board
  • 1 Ordinary Rod
  • 3 Sky Pillar
Energy: 8
  • 4 Psychic Energy
  • 4 Capture Energy
If this list looks exactly like the Rare Candy list, that would be because it is. I didn't really care for Pokeman's list, I certainly didn't care my own attempt at a list (I don't even play Standard. What do you want from me?) and I didn't really care for the Rare Candy list either. I think I just don't care for the deck as a whole; it definitely has its problems to deal with. Basically, all of the lists did terrible during my ladder testing; I was just fortunate enough to not play against any Dragapult in the tournament.
Why are Christmas miracles happening in June

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!
I’m not going to lie, I really like this other list better! But it’s not perfect, I wouldn’t bother with a 1-1 Malamar, I’d stick to just 4-4 Cursola & 4-4 Shedninja. So they can’t bosses orders anything up that you can’t potentially knock out

I’d play 4 ordinary rods vs 1 and a brocks grit too, that seems really aweful! 4 rods allows you to be able to recycle often and when needed too.