'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
Now we have all Galar pokemon in cards, with the 4 fossils and Eternatus. Also we have regular Corsola in Mariene. Lol

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Alright so Galarian Darmanitan Zen Mode was indeed a Fire type using Water attack costs. So looks like regular Galarian Darmanitan wasn't in the set, and neither is Galarian Sirfetch'd. I wonder if they are unique cards or if they are alternate arts of the Rebel Clash ones that some people were thinking (for whatever reason which somehow could be a possibility now lol).

Jackrockstar

Aspiring Trainer
Interested in the Salamance vmax, as it can swing for 260 with the new special energy, and if you run it in an adp build it could hit 290. Colorless not hitting for weakness and it being weak to lightning could be thorns in it’s side, but with electro power and thunder mountain rotating I assume lighting decks won’t be as popular going forward

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Decidueye is the second coming of Hoopa, immune to both GX and V. Definitely going to be a very annoying deck for certain archetypes.

Dracovish can auto-win against certain decks, but Boss's Orders turns it off, giving them a chance to evolve... mmmm, it may warrant some experimentation tho.

Mimikyu prevents healing from bench, and Mr Mime prevents scooping up; these two combined with Dragapult V-Max would be annoying AF to face, it's unfortunate that Dragapult will probably go the way of the dodo once Eternatus releases.

Salamence V-Max hits hards and that's about it... Strong Colorless + TAE + Vitality Band makes you hit for 270, which is probably good enough for its own deck, but it also has a really unfortunate weakness.

+50 HP tool for all basics except GX mons... certainly an interesting tool for the right deck.

Birdkeeper is the second coming of Tate & Liza, except it has both effects combined - I bet some decks will appreciate the extra copies of Switch that can be recycled by Cynthia & Caitlin/Pal Pad.

Scizor V-Max just doesn't have the damage output to make it a concern - 90 + 30 damage reduction is honestly weaksauce.

I already mentioned Strong Colorless, but I'm having trouble finding targets that are powerful enough to appreciate the extra +20 damage and are also easy to load...

Why does Flygon keep getting cards that are on the verge of being good, except held back by being stage 2?

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
There are actually some crazy cards in this set. The powerful energy is basically strong energy but for any pokemon, really nice. the toughness cape was probably made before sword and sheild like the turbo patch as it excludes pokemon V, really nice. The Decidueye is crazy as it blocks damage from almost every deck in our current format (goons is the exception). It will be cool to see what other cards are included in this set.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Not gonna lie, I love that Staraptor. You are looking at 190 with the new energy attached and then Vitality Band moves it to 200.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
There are actually some crazy cards in this set. The powerful energy is basically strong energy but for any pokemon, really nice. the toughness cape was probably made before sword and sheild like the turbo patch as it excludes pokemon V, really nice. The Decidueye is crazy as it blocks damage from almost every deck in our current format (goons is the exception). It will be cool to see what other cards are included in this set.

Powerful Energy specifies that it is only for colorless mons tho.
So where the heck is G-Darm and Sirfetch'd from the theme decks?

We are either getting an additional product that has those prints and is added to Darkness Ablaze, or they are alt prints from the SWSH versions. I'm inclined to this second theory as it would increase the collector's value for these theme decks, instead of simply having a holo version of the same mon you can get in the main set.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
If Zen mode Gal-Darma is as powerful as it is in-game, then Gal-Darma decks will also counter themselves (since looking at the deck box it'll probably be a Fire type card... but I guess only using Water Energy because the deck is pure Water? Weird :/).

Also, side note: I really hope they're not just going to re-use the Rebel Clash GD/Sirfetch'd. That is really lazy and does absolutely nothing to highlight star cards in that set. I've been pretty disappointed with that overall -- I'm sure any one of us could come up with decent theme deck ideas "starring" only Pokemon from within these massive sets and not needing to resort to other sets.

Nailed it!! Zen Gal-Darma as a Fire type only using Water Energy, and it looks like they are going to re-use the old Gal-Darma and the old Sirfetch'd for the theme decks, although with different art. Which is pretty whack.

These cards are actually not very good overall. Hmm. And it's ridiculous they had the audacity to print something that buffs Pokemon V with an extra +50HP. Are you kidding me??? Where's the item that does that with Stage 2s????

Still looking forward to making that Copperajah deck though (in my head of course).

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
The Yuka Morii Torchic is great.

And the difference between Scizor V and Scizor VMAX:

It goes from, “Wow! This art is awesome!” to “Oh. 5ban Graphics. Hmmm.”