• Please read THIS THREAD if you are a new trader/seller.

Thank you!

Trades [CA/CA,US,WW] [H] Binder of ex, DP, Platinum, SM bulk, JP cards [W] wantlist

These are the WOTC cards I have in serviceable condition; https://photos.google.com/u/2/share...?key=WlJGbG9VOHViUDlPVnBDQXpSc0NlWFVSUkh6a25R

I have about 10 Psychic Energy; they're in MP condition to worse. All have some degree of edge whitening, and all have 'scuffed surfaces' where they appear fine superficially but if you're inspecting them then when you hold them up to light they'll reveal the sheen on the cards are worn. Save some of the Neo Destiny cards, the cards in the photos also fail if evaluated to the same level of scrutiny.

I'll pass on the Energy then - thanks for letting me know :)

I like the Growlithe, Bill, Gust of Wind, Energy Removal, and Switch. What do you mean by "serviceable" haha

I believe all my original WOTC cards were stolen, traded away, or HP to the point of total disrepair, so the WOTC cards I have at this point were given to me by others over the years. These cards in particular were given to me by someone who probably kept them in a shoebox in their closet vs. an UltraPro page - you can imagine little bits dust or some other particles were in between the cards and whenever the box got moved or the cards got shuffle there was some gradual surface scratching/etc.

They're in good condition overall, but aren't mint out of pack, and weren't stored properly, so they're showing their age a bit. Serviceable means they photograph well and look good in a binder – they're the same quality of the majority of the WOTC cards I use for my non-trade collection binders. *shrug*

Growlithe has some scratches on its surface (hasn't affected the print at all but when you hold it up to light you can see it); Bill, Energy Removal, and Switch likewise have edge wear and some small surface scratches.

Alright I'll take those then! Add those four cards in. I think I feel like I'm ready to move the trade along...what do you think? With those in, how balanced do you think the trade is?

Sounds good! I'll add those in and draft up a balanced trade and get back to you in within the next 8 hours. :)

Okay, I've updated the spreadsheet again for a proposed version of the trade; my 65 cards listed on the left, for your 25 cards on the right (except for Brock's Grit, which isn't numbered).

[link]

The price columns are really arbitrary and I basically go through a couple different revisions to check that 1) I'm happy with the trade, and 2) I'm not egregiously ripping you off in a way that won't come back to bite me. I might play with it a bit again between posting this and you reading it, but I try and check the trade works both in terms of TrollAndToad/TCGPlayer valuation, making sure I'm sticking to the promised bulk-for-bulk in my original post, and my own sense of the current and future possible worth of the cards in question. I try a few different approaches and see what kind of margin of error I get.

There's a margin of error here with my set of cards being around the value of your set, give or take a few dollars, to my set being worth about $10 less.

If we take Brock's Grit out of the equation, it knocks out most of that margin of error, and I'm still happy with the overall trade as it stands when that card does get left out anyways. Let me know what you think.

I'll send you the Brock's Grit. You put a lot of effort into that spreadsheet and took so many pictures for me - I think this is the least I can do to show my appreciation. If you're cool with this, send me a DM and we can exchange addresses. :)

I've been on the site for several years and have done my fair share amount of trading so I'd ask you to send first, if that'd be ok? You can answer this in the DM so we can get the ball rolling!

Thank you for this amazing thread. I have got so many amazing tricks and spreadsheet that is so valuable for me. For the last few weeks, I also wanted to make a spreadsheet but I don't have that much knowledge to make a good spreadsheet. I also tried to learn some tutorials of like how to make a perfect spreadsheet and how to remove duplicates in a spreadsheet and so many things but really it is so boring to work. You have solved my problem. Now I no need to make an excel sheet. Thank you so much for the spreadsheet and the tricks. :)

I'm glad to hear it – it's funny, because Google spreadsheets is missing a lot of features I've picked up on with Excel over the years, so these are probably some of the crudest spreadsheets I've made in a long while. Best way to learn Excel is to just use it – depending on where you work/hope to work one day, someone who knows their way around Excel can be absolutely invaluable. Best of luck! :)

I've already said my thanks to both folks I've traded with, but kudos to you both again for the amazing packaging job this week. It puts my work to shame, to say nothing of the trades I've recently completed on other sites.

Thanks very much to both of you.

If bumping this happens to attract any more folks interested in trading – I very much have to update both my haves and wants, which may take quite a while. If you do happen to see anything of interest, feel free to enquire nonetheless.

Back