August's English Set: 'Darkness Ablaze,' Plus Two New Types of Products!

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
Huh, I think the theme deck cards is from Rebel Clash. Bit odd, but they’re cools cards.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Huh, I think the theme deck cards is from Rebel Clash. Bit odd, but they’re cools cards.
Also, side note: I really hope they're not just going to re-use the Rebel Clash GD/Sirfetch'd. That is really lazy and does absolutely nothing to highlight star cards in that set. I've been pretty disappointed with that overall -- I'm sure any one of us could come up with decent theme deck ideas "starring" only Pokemon from within these massive sets and not needing to resort to other sets.
The only indication that the cards are the same as the ones from Rebel Clash is the HP, and I think it's a bit of a stretch to assume that the cards will be the same just because of this. Mr. Rime, Polteageist and Toxtricity have all gotten cards in back-to-back sets, and each were a different card (albeit Toxtricity do have multiple forms to showcase).

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not sure how to feel about the theme decks being based around Sword-exclusive mons. Will the next pair of theme decks be based around the Shield-exclusive Cursola and Galarian Rapidash to compensate then? I mean, they did just give us double [M] decks in Rebel Clash, so I wouldn't be too surprised if we got double [P] decks in the future as well (I might still be a little surprised, though). And those two [P] could have completely different weaknesses from each other too. They don't sound that bad, actually.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Yikes, doesn't compare to the 'other' eevee, it's an attack and doesn't evolve that turn, it should at least do the latter.

Kaizaac

Aspiring Trainer
Only good thing coming from this is we now have confirmation that Eternatus is the last pack art.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
Target.com B1G1HalfOff. Imagine buying 2 PikaRom decks for $42 after tax and shipping included? Damn

Also, what's Shadow Obelisk the Tormentor doing in a pack art?

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
I actually thought that those two will be in the expansion.
Too bad they won't be in.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
There's Mew V in the set, but not on the packs? And Galarian Slowbro V? We're sure they won't be in a separate product, during the "Darkness Ablaze" window?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
So we are getting 4 Pokémon V and 2 VMAX cards cut. Any guesses?
Since 2 Vs are evolved from VMAXs, they would count as 2/4.

For me are:
  • VMax
  1. Scizor
  2. Salamence
  • Vs
  1. Scizor
  2. Salamence
  3. Houndoom
  4. Crobat?
Since these cards are the non-Galar Dex Pokémon that got the Ultra Rare treatment. As you observed, With the exception of SWSH Decks in Japan (Tapu Koko, Victini, Regirock, etc.), SWSH V/VMax cards in the first 2 sets are Pokemon from the Galar dex and they'll want to keep it on the next set. These four Vs and 2 VMAXs might be reserved to the first SWSH Subset