• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Dusknoir Lv. X

JFlo

Aspiring Trainer
Heres a deck that focuses solely on making Dusknoir lvl.X The stadium and having honchcrow preventing the opponent from replacing it. This deck probably will never really even be a tier 3 deck but it's one of my favorite cards so I wanted to make a deck where its more than just an extra tech in a regular Dusknoir deck. The list isn't finished and I still want some help on making it even more Optimal (as optimal as is possible for a dusknoir LV.x deck). Thanks in advance.

Dusknoir-LV-X-SF-96.jpg

Decklist:

1 Dusknoir LV. X SF 96
3 Dusknoir BUS 53
1 Dusclops CEC 84
3 Duskull CEC 83
4 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
2 Jirachi TEU 99
2 Murkrow UNM 129
2 Honchkrow-GX UNB 109

2 Broken Time-Space

1 Guzma
1 Cynthia
2 Professor's Research
2 Marnie SSH 169
3 Piers

1 Pokémon Communication
1 Luxury Ball
1 Scoop Up Cyclone PLB 95
1 VS Seeker ROS 110
2 Escape Board UPR 122
3 Mysterious Treasure
4 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
4 Spell Tag LOT 190
4 Rare Candy SSH 180

2 Twin Energy RCL 174
4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
4 Horror Psychic Energy RCL 172

Last edited:
Sounds like you want to play Accelgor. It's true it does play Dusknoir, but I don't think you ever want Dusknoir Active, especially since Flygon already does what Dusknoir Lv. X does without having to be KO'd and can't be countered by playing Stadiums.

maxresdefault.jpg

Sounds like you want to play Accelgor. It's true it does play Dusknoir, but I don't think you ever want Dusknoir Active, especially since Flygon already does what Dusknoir Lv. X does without having to be KO'd and can't be countered by playing Stadiums.

maxresdefault.jpg

Hi Mora.
Thanks for the suggestions but I want to play dusknoir lvl x because I really like the card. I like the pokemon, I like the type, and I like how it becomes a stadium. I just have no idea how to form a deck around it being a focal point. I understand it may not be optimal to play it like that but that doesn't matter to me. If you can help me come up with ideas that would be really nice.

one idea that is on my mind is Murkrow GX for the ability.

Ability - Ruler of the night
As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, your opponent can't play and Pokémon Tool, Special Energy, or Stadium cards from their hand.

so if dusk gets KO'd honch will move to the active and dusk will be a stadium card until honch dies.

Hi Mora.
Thanks for the suggestions but I want to play dusknoir lvl x because I really like the card. I like the pokemon, I like the type, and I like how it becomes a stadium. I just have no idea how to form a deck around it being a focal point. I understand it may not be optimal to play it like that but that doesn't matter to me. If you can help me come up with ideas that would be really nice.
I totally understand the sentiment of playing suboptimal decks for fun! I do it all the time. If that's the case, you could tech in Dusknoir Lv. X into a standard Accelgor deck, or if you really want to go all out, you could not play Flygon at all in order to play a thicker Dusknoir line and just rely on Dusknoir to Flygon's job when your opponent knocks it out.
one idea that is on my mind is Murkrow GX for the ability.

Ability - Ruler of the night
As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, your opponent can't play and Pokémon Tool, Special Energy, or Stadium cards from their hand.

so if dusk gets KO'd honch will move to the active and dusk will be a stadium card until honch dies.
This might be what you're looking for. There's actually a lot of good Ninetales iirc. There's one that has Guzma's effect as an Ability.

NinetalesPrimalClash21.jpg

Last edited:
I totally understand the sentiment of playing suboptimal decks for fun! I do it all the time. If that's the case, you could tech in Dusknoir Lv. X into a standard Accelgor deck, or if you really want to go all out, you could not play Flygon at all in order to play a thicker Dusknoir line and just rely on Dusknoir to Flygon's job when your opponent knocks it out.
Thanks again. do you think honchkrow would be optimal (optimal in a heavy Dusk Lvl x line)
This might be what you're looking for. There's actually a lot of good Ninetales iirc. There's one that has Guzma's effect as an Ability.

NinetalesPrimalClash21.jpg
Perfect!! Thanks so much. I think Ill playtest both of them. see what works best. I think Honchcrow might be kinda cool. I'm already planning on running DCE and marnie so the gx attack would be pretty nice to get off.

For either one of the two, how many should I run?

also, I will move the decklist to "deck garage" in a second.

Thanks again. do you think honchkrow would be optimal (optimal in a heavy Dusk Lvl x line)

Perfect!! Thanks so much. I think Ill playtest both of them. see what works best. I think Honchcrow might be kinda cool. I'm already planning on running DCE and marnie so the gx attack would be pretty nice to get off.

For either one of the two, how many should I run?
I'd say 1-1 Ninetales would be good enough. Don't know if you could even fit more than that. That depends on what else is in the deck. I'm not sure about Honchkrow. Again, it depends on the deck and how much it focuses on Honchkrow.
also, I will move the decklist to "deck garage" in a second.
Okay, tag me when you add a deck list to the OP, and I'll move the thread for you.

I'd say 1-1 Ninetales would be good enough. Don't know if you could even fit more than that. That depends on what else is in the deck. I'm not sure about Honchkrow. Again, it depends on the deck and how much it focuses on Honchkrow.

Okay, tag me when you add a deck list to the OP, and I'll move the thread for you.

Im planning on it being just All dusknoir and whichever stadium lock pokemon I choose. then ill just add as many consistency pokemon that can fit.

So, just put the decklist here and then ask you to move it?

Im planning on it being just All dusknoir and whichever stadium lock pokemon I choose. then ill just add as many consistency pokemon that can fit.

So, just put the decklist here and then ask you to move it?

Yeah, just put it in your original post.

-3 Dusknoir Lv. X
-1 Dusknoir
-1 Duskull
-4 Piers
-1 Sky Field
-2 Marnie
-2 Twin Energy

+1 Dusclops
+2 Juniper
+1 Cynthia
+1 Guzma
+3 Mysterious Treasure
+1 Luxury Ball
+1 Pokémon Communication / Ultra Ball
+2 Broken Time Space
+2 Psychic Energy

I'd start with these changes and go from there. The old Lv. X rule is that you can only play up to 4 Dusknoir / Dusknoir Lv. X. Which is fine, because Dusknoir Lv. X goes back to your hand when your opponent plays another Stadium. Piers isn't really all that great. Maybe if the Dusknoir line was Dark as well, but Piers only searches out Honchkrow and Murkrow. Item based search is superior anyways. Also, if you play Broken Time Space, the evolutions won't clog up your hand as much, and you'll probably get more value out of Shaymin.

I can't really test the list or anything since ptcgo doesn't have any of the older cards.

-3 Dusknoir Lv. X
-1 Dusknoir
-1 Duskull
-4 Piers
-1 Sky Field
-2 Marnie
-2 Twin Energy

+1 Dusclops
+2 Juniper
+1 Cynthia
+1 Guzma
+3 Mysterious Treasure
+1 Luxury Ball
+1 Pokémon Communication / Ultra Ball
+2 Broken Time Space
+2 Psychic Energy

I'd start with these changes and go from there. The old Lv. X rule is that you can only play up to 4 Dusknoir / Dusknoir Lv. X. Which is fine, because Dusknoir Lv. X goes back to your hand when your opponent plays another Stadium. Piers isn't really all that great. Maybe if the Dusknoir line was Dark as well, but Piers only searches out Honchkrow and Murkrow. Item based search is superior anyways. Also, if you play Broken Time Space, the evolutions won't clog up your hand as much, and you'll probably get more value out of Shaymin.

I can't really test the list or anything since ptcgo doesn't have any of the older cards.

Thanks once again. I added piers because the second thing he does is he can grab ANY one energy and I'm running all special energy so I thought it would be nice to be able to grab both a dark pokemon, of which there are 4, and any of the 12 energy in the deck, preferably the special. everything else though I agree with.

Back