• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Poison Gate (Eternatus Vmax / Crobat V / Hoopa / Absol / Galarian Zigzagoon)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
POISON GATE

250px-Sugimori_890.png

Pokémon (20):
  • 3 Galarian Zigzagoon S1 (beatdown)
  • 3 Eternatus Vmax S3 (beatdown)
  • 4 Eternatus V S3 (beatdown)
  • 1 Absol SM8a (beatdown)
  • 2 Hoopa S3 (beatdown)
  • 2 Garbodor S2 (enable)
  • 2 Trubbish S2 (evolve)
  • 3 Crobat V S3 (draw)
Trainer (30):
  • 2 Boss's Orders (control)
  • 3 Prof. Research (draw)
  • 3 Marnie (draw)
  • 3 Piers (search)
  • 3 Pokémon Communication (search)
  • 1 Dangerous Drill (discard)
  • 4 Scoop Up Net (retrieval)
  • 4 Quick Ball (search)
  • 3 Great Ball (search)
  • 1 Black Market (enable)
  • 3 Dark City (enable)
Energy (10):
  • 6 Darkness Energy
  • 4 Hide Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with either Eternatus V and use the Basic Pokémon count combined with the search items to fill the bench with Basic Darkness Pokémon. Next turn evolve into Eternatus Vmax to bench some additional Basic Darkness Pokémon and start to attack with Dread End. Use Garbodor and Galarian Zigzagoon to increase the damage output when needed. All attackers have an attack cost of either one or two attachments and the stadium and Hide Energy provide free retreat. Crobat V increases the draw power of this deck.

SPOILER:

All spoilers for cards from the new set are taken from Pokébeach.

Eternatus Vmax
Gigantamax Pokémon - evolves from Eternatus V
HP: 340
Ability: Infinity Zone
If all of your Pokémon in play are [D] Pokémon, you may have up to 8 [D] Pokémon on your Bench and can’t play any other type of Pokémon. When this ability no longer works, discard your benched Pokémon until there are 5 benched Pokémon left.
[D][C] Dread End: 30x
This attack does 30 damage times the number of your [D] Pokémon in play.
Retreat Cost: CCC
Weakness: F

Eternatus V
Basic Darkness Pokémon
HP: 220
[C] Power Accel: 30
You may attach 1 [D] energy from your hand to one of your benched Pokémon.
[D][C][C][C] Dynamax Cannon: 120+
If your opponent’s active Pokémon is a Pokémon Vmax, this attack does 120 more damage.
Retreat Cost: CC

Crobat V
Basic Darkness Pokémon
HP: 180
Ability: Night Asset
Once during your turn, when you play this Pokémon from hand to your bench, you may draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand. You can’t use more than 1 Night Asset ability during your turn.
[D][C] Poison Fang: 70
Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Poisoned.
Retreat Cost: C

Hoopa
Basic Darkness Pokémon
HP: 120
[D] Assault Gate: 90
If this Pokémon wasn’t moved from your bench to the active spot during your turn, this attack does nothing. This attack isn’t affected by weakness.
Retreat Cost: CC
Weakness: G

Hide Energy
Special Energy
As long as this card is attached to a Pokémon, it provides [D] energy. The retreat cost of the [D] Pokémon this card is attached to is 0.

Last edited:
We have revealed an additional energy accelerating engine of Rose/Rose Tower. What are your thoughts on recovering energy to charge another Eternamax using this engine? I think you could easily replace the Dark city with Rose Tower since you can already enable free retreat with the energy.

We have revealed an additional energy accelerating engine of Rose/Rose Tower. What are your thoughts on recovering energy to charge another Eternamax using this engine? I think you could easily replace the Dark city with Rose Tower since you can already enable free retreat with the energy.

Hi John InCENAroar,

Thanks for the review. Not sure on the Rose engine since you need to discard your hand with Rose to accelerate and the attack costs on this deck are rather low. In addition remember that Eternatus V as a decent acceleration attack on his own which could allow you to stream Eternatus Vmax easier.

Hey Dark Espeon,

Some minor changes we can make from this draft.

We can up the number of Hide Energy to run 4 because Pierrs allows us to search for ANY energy and not limited to basic. Also a capture energy would help out with getting our basic out on the field without wasting a resource like quick ball or communication.

For the search count with VMAX I find a 4 quick ball, 4 Communication, 2 Evo incense is the perfect amount. Communication becomes more flexible with putting things you want to save IE Two crobat in hand + Prof Research.

Dark City+Hide energy seems a bit redundant. We can add a different tool like U-turn board/Air Baloon if you want to switch in and out the active per turn. Dark city only works for BASIC darks, so Eternatus VMAX won't work with it. We can trade the stadium for either Viridian Forest/training court etc. Just something that we can always have an energy in hand.

Hi jamashawalker,

Thanks for the review. I like a lot of the modifications. I cut one Evolution Incense for a fourth Pokémon Communication and also took out a Basic Darkness Energy for a fourth Hide Energy. I do like Dark City in this deck since it allows stuff like Crobat V and others to retreat for free without a need to attach Hide Energy to them. However I reduced the count to include Black Market as an alternate stadium.

I think that you could cut a Hoopa GX (I think that's what you mean for Hoopa sm8a) for another Crobat V

Hi Tempest,

I might trade one of them for either a different attacker or a fourth Crobat V but I am not sure that a fourth one is needed since he can be searched out with ease and unlike Shaymin EX back in the days you cannot use more than one Crobat V per turn. Still hoping for a Darkness Morpeko or any other Basic Darkness Pokemon that can hit the bench and the active for a single attachment.

Back