'League Battle Decks' Info Revealed, Replacing Battle Arena Decks!

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
That's a skip for me personally, but no doubt there are players that will be stoked on this.

As for the packaging, one thing I've noticed is that most of it is now recyclable (paper and plastic) since the plastic bits now, for the most part, have a recycle stamp and number on them.

Sparkeagle

Aspiring Trainer
What do you mean $5 cheaper? The last decks were $19.99 before they went out of stock and the Keldeo Vs Rayquaza was around $25 for the combined decks.

The Kyurem decks were like $30 or so dollars but that was also for the combined decks.

And even then I think the Blastoise and Charizard ones were also like $25 separately

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
FOUR Jirachi in the PikaRom deck?! Finally some intelligence being displayed by TPCi with their products.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
25 dollars for:
One of the most sought after competitive cards ever (Reshizard)
3 Quick Balls
2 Mallow and Lanas
FOUR whole a$$ welders
FOUR of the best Volcanion card ever
Gee, I wonder if people are going to scalp this. I have no clue.

dmein89

Aspiring Trainer
25 dollars for:
One of the most sought after competitive cards ever (Reshizard)
3 Quick Balls
2 Mallow and Lanas
FOUR whole a$$ welders
FOUR of the best Volcanion card ever
Gee, I wonder if people are going to scalp this. I have no clue.

I've been waiting to see what the decklists were before buying. I just bought both for $47

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Guess who has 2 thumbs and just dished out 60 bucks on 3 Jirachi two days ago? Also I am glad they didn't include cards that are going to rotate.

Last edited:

ZTrainer

Aspiring Trainer
WTF FOUR JIRACHIS?!
tenor.gif

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I feel like because there's four Jirachis and the history the last few Battle Arena type decks have had of selling, this is going to be real hard to find, especially the Pikarom one. I'm hoping I can at least get the Charizard one simply because I was sold on adding two more Reshizards to the other copy I already owned, lol.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
So are basically competitives decks for Standards?

(except for the Aipom maybe)

DeftGreymon

#JusticeForIceTypes
Seems a bit unbalanced that both didn't receive a Jirachi engine considering both builds use it as a staple draw support.
An odd thing I noticed was that both receive 4 Pokegear 3.0, which seems to make sense in the ReshiZard deck as your searching for welder constantly and needs the support as its lacking Jirachi but 4 Pokegear in the PikaRom deck seems a bit excessive. I understand its a great card in a certain situation; Mallow/Lana for heals, Prof. Research for draw, Marnie for disruption but without Volkner its seems a bit of a space-filler.
It's quite evident of the lists that they are trying to give as much play-ability for our money by including cards that will survive rotation but the lack of Prism Star presence in the ReshiZard deck paired with no Jirachi engine it just seems a little unfair and overall disappointing for those who could only afford the one and are almost forced by current meta to purchase one deck over the other.
Overall PikaRom has received some of the best cards that were printed in the RayquazaGX deck as well as the shining factor of the Ultra NecrozmaGX deck, the Jirachi core and has evidently come out on top as the superior deck. for your money as well as viability of the two.

Sushi-Mann

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, one question. Are these cards legal to play in league cups and tournaments? Or is this some kind of special promo card deck like those world championship decks?

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
I'm sold. These are awesome! Originally I was only going to get the ReshiZard one but now I might get both. 4 copies of Jirachi is ridiculous.