'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Houndoom V - Fine. Even with Welder that can do 200 for a Welder and an energy attachement, getting the pre requisite is a problem. 3-4
  • Drednaw V/VMAX - Glimwood Tangle, 75%》chance of KOing... Zacian (Pikarom is bad now. This set relase after the whole rotation thing. I know, 7 days bet. Set release and the actual rotation). We have Frosmoth come on! 3-4/3-4
  • Rhyperior V - Come on, guys. A Pokemon V card which is for me, as a hardcore Rhyperior fan. The atks tho. Even with Coalossal... still combo-based. You need to be behind on prizes, you need a Coalossal + 2 energy in the discard, you need an energy in hand. Even with Bede, you need to switch it and smash. Ehh 5 for appreciation, 3 for the actual card.
  • G. Cursola - I dunno if people will fell the bait for this. Psychic just got nerfed post-rotation. 3
  • Ariados - Can be playable at some point... if VMAX was a thing in the format (Dragapult VMAX) 3-4
  • Scrafty - another card with no impact whatsoever except Twin Energy will help it. 3
  • Crobat V - New Shaymin, people must buy it early. 5 Geodudes
  • Hoopa - Do we have damage boost for D Pokémon? *well yes, but actually no*. 90 for 1 but burning cards.. Ehh?! 3 Geodudes
  • Eternatus V/VMAX - V can KO Dragapult but its for 4 energy nevermind. VMAX can do 240. But the ability and setting up is manageable. Run Garbodor for extra damage, Weavile/Hydreigon for energy accel, Crobat for draw. Absol to punish Jirachi (nerfed), etc. 4/4-5
  • Salamence V - Dragon are colorless now? Hehe, no. Salamence is part-FLYING. With Welder can speed up and spread. 3-4
  • Scizor V - ehh. But discards tool + special energy, Why not? 3-4
  • Rose - Can be good, can be not. 4
  • Piers - That's the nuts consistency we need. Also, run Zigzagoon for Eternatus VMAX. 5
  • Rose Tower - Pinch consistency every turn. 3-4
  • Hide D Energy - Hoopa's main tool and makes Dark City useless. 5

Also, I don't remember that Eternatus has a Gigantamax. That was an Eternamax form.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I totally called the Colorless Salamence a few days ago lol. Expect the other Dragons to follow suit.

Overall I'm actually kind of underwhelmed, which is probably a good thing considering that means they haven't printed any extreme power-creep chase cards in this set. The mascot of this set (which for some reason doesn't even appear on the English pack art!) is essentially just a reprint of a 2015 set mascot (M-Ray from Roaring Skies).

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
We must be due a couple more VMAX announcements? This japanese set only has 2 and it's a main set, the previous subset had 3 and the last main had 4!

I wonder if we'll get more V's, or VMAX's for Crobat, Houndoom, Salamance ect?

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Well hope yall are happy that dark box may not be gone in expanded anymore. Also with the free retreat energy being a thing this is just getting out of control.

The Fish

0.o
I totally called the Colorless Salamence a few days ago lol. Expect the other Dragons to follow suit.

Overall I'm actually kind of underwhelmed, which is probably a good thing considering that means they haven't printed any extreme power-creep chase cards in this set. The mascot of this set (which for some reason doesn't even appear on the English pack art!) is essentially just a reprint of a 2015 set mascot (M-Ray from Roaring Skies).

The English pack art currently only shows 3 of the 4 booster repack variants, so hopefully we'll see an Eternatus pack. I just don't see the 4th being anyone other than Eternatus, but if it's not I'll boil my shoe.

Macke

Master of deckbuilding
The crobat V is just to much. I think everyone was fine with them releasing a new support 2-prizer every 2 years, but now they released Eldegoss V a year to early, and in the following set we’re getting another one? I can afford this personally, but I feel like this is bad for the game to have all of these expensive “must includes”. We have the 30$ Dedenne GX, the 15$ Jirachi, the 10$ Eldegoss, and now this! We used to have some decks that didn’t need these expensive cards and only really needed a guru. Now we have these expensive cards that are keeping people out of the game...

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
  • Houndoom V - Fine. Even with Welder that can do 200 for a Welder and an energy attachement, getting the pre requisite is a problem. 3-4
  • Drednaw V/VMAX - Glimwood Tangle, 75%》chance of KOing... Zacian (Pikarom is bad now. This set relase after the whole rotation thing. I know, 7 days bet. Set release and the actual rotation). We have Frosmoth come on! 3-4/3-4
  • Rhyperior V - Come on, guys. A Pokemon V card which is for me, as a hardcore Rhyperior fan. The atks tho. Even with Coalossal... still combo-based. You need to be behind on prizes, you need a Coalossal + 2 energy in the discard, you need an energy in hand. Even with Bede, you need to switch it and smash. Ehh 5 for appreciation, 3 for the actual card.
  • G. Cursola - I dunno if people will fell the bait for this. Psychic just got nerfed post-rotation. 3
  • Ariados - Can be playable at some point... if VMAX was a thing in the format (Dragapult VMAX) 3-4
  • Scrafty - another card with no impact whatsoever except Twin Energy will help it. 3
  • Crobat V - New Shaymin, people must buy it early. 5 Geodudes
  • Hoopa - Do we have damage boost for D Pokémon? *well yes, but actually no*. 90 for 1 but burning cards.. Ehh?! 3 Geodudes
  • Eternatus V/VMAX - V can KO Dragapult but its for 4 energy nevermind. VMAX can do 240. But the ability and setting up is manageable. Run Garbodor for extra damage, Weavile/Hydreigon for energy accel, Crobat for draw. Absol to punish Jirachi (nerfed), etc. 4/4-5
  • Salamence V - Dragon are colorless now? Hehe, no. Salamence is part-FLYING. With Welder can speed up and spread. 3-4
  • Scizor V - ehh. But discards tool + special energy, Why not? 3-4
  • Rose - Can be good, can be not. 4
  • Piers - That's the nuts consistency we need. Also, run Zigzagoon for Eternatus VMAX. 5
  • Rose Tower - Pinch consistency every turn. 3-4
  • Hide D Energy - Hoopa's main tool and makes Dark City useless.

Also, I don't remember that Eternatus has a Gigantamax. That was an Eternamax form.

"This attack does 30 damage times the number of your [D] Pokemon."

^ If that text said "30 damage times the number of your [D] Pokémon on bench.", THEN it's obvious that Dread End's base damage cap would be 240 damage. BUT Eternatus V/VMAX is also a Dark-type, so if the English version says "This attack does 30 damage times the number of your [D] Pokemon in play.", THEN Dread End's base damage cap would be 270, absent any damage-boosting tools such as Vitality Band.

In reality, I don't see anything implying the damage is determined solely on benched dark-types. Meaning we'll have to wait and see if that's true or false that the damage is determined solely by bench, like the Colorless MRay's attack, as if it is true, you would be correct on the 240... But if it's false...

Last edited:

Kenatta_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
It's Shaymin with Dedechange's once per turn clause
Yeah, sucks that you can't chain them. I think that will reduce the amount we would play in Standard. In Expanded some decks play 4 Shaymin, and with scoop up net you could go crazy on turn 1 setup. Crobat is definitely good for standard, but not as good as Shaymin in expanded.

itsAdoggo

yamperyamperyamper
Those Eternatus cards are a complete mess, the artwork just makes my eyes boil. Crobat looks pretty dope tho - for a while, we will have Jirachi, Dedenne, Crobat, and the other one in the same format and that is pretty cool.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
  • Salamence V - Dragon are colourless now? Hehe, no. Salamence is part-FLYING.
Let's not forget Dragons were originally colourless until mid-Gen 5. Though can't say I'd be too surprised if when we get our first pure dragon in SwSh era, they're colourless, then it'd have gone full circle.