'Pokemon TCG: Battle Academy' Announced!

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to keep its release quiet to quash any negative reception the product would've received, it DOES contain underwhelming Hidden Fates cards that were originally in their own products when released in Japan.

Another meh cash cow product. When will they put viable cards in these things?

this is so annoying that we had to deal with these trash cards in Hidden Fates, if they were gonna relase this product then they should have just left them out or included better cards in the HF set like the ones that were about to come out for the high class packs (which are relegated to a holiday set because god forbid they come out a month early in the US)

Youre looking at this from a competitive and collectors point of view... you're completely missing the point. Its a product designed for children to learn and play the game at home with their friends and families at a basic level.

Its not intended to fit into the meta or be competitive or even provide something new for collectors. In that respect it will sell, and it will likely sell well.

Your average pokebeach member will still rage at XY Evolutions packs being included in products... but ask any Asmodee or Pokemon TCG Staff member and its still the most popular a and best selling set years after release and still shifts more units off the shelves due to parents buying for their children, nostalgia seekers and entry level collectors. Again this was confirmed to me from staff at London Toy Fair

Not everyone buys cards from the perspective you do

Last edited:

Clam

Almost decent
TBH I would rather get a new player a theme deck instead of this because theme decks have a lot more variety instead of just a few decks and the newer theme decks have loads of helpful trainers you can put in pretty much every deck and sure they dont have GXs but I dont think you need them at all to understand the game

Scoop

Literally a sheep
TBH I would rather get a new player a theme deck instead of this because theme decks have a lot more variety instead of just a few decks and the newer theme decks have loads of helpful trainers you can put in pretty much every deck and sure they dont have GXs but I dont think you need them at all to understand the game
I dunno, I think I can see the merit of this too. I would have eaten this up back when I was just starting out and had an interest in the game. I started collecting when I was 12, back when EXs were the big thing at the time (later BW/Early XY era), and the big thing I wanted were those big fancy cards. Three decks to try out with fellow new fans and some pretty cool looking GXs for a supposed $20, it's definitely not for everyone but if I were that 12 year old version of myself I would definitely have had interest in this if not just to learn how to play the game.

That being said, modern-day theme decks didn't exist EITHER when I was that age, and the appeal of those cool trainers are a nice little thing too. But IMO they all have enough merit to them to be worth it to some people.

Would I get either of those now? No, I collect singles, but I'm not going to deny the fact that these products do have good use for other people, just not for myself.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
At first this def seems cringe, but part of what got me into the card game in the first place was a VHS in the 90s which was essentially a Pokemon card game tutorial.

guicazzonato

Aspiring Trainer
The Mewtwo deck does not come with a guide. You must learn to use the deck yourself!

As if it were super dumper hard to play with those cards lol.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Literally bought this today just for the Mew :p

Ok not just for that, I'm just a sucker for alternate prints with silhouette stamps lol

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
The Mewtwo deck does not come with a guide. You must learn to use the deck yourself!

As if it were super dumper hard to play with those cards lol.

It will be if you've never played the TCG before, which is clearly the target audience for this product.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
Wait, so since some of these have the same set number as their original set (Cynthia) but with an extra logo based off the deck, are these still out of rotation?