• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Green's PikaRom

TheTempest

Aspiring Trainer
So, I've toyed with this idea for a while, but when Tapu Koko V came out, everything fell together. If you can help, I would really appreciate it.
4 Tapu Koko V
1 Tapu Koko {*}
3 Pikachu & Zekrom-GX
--------------------------
4 Pokegear 3.0
4 Acro Bike
4 Green's Exploration
4 Custom Catcher
4 Electropower
4 Quick Ball
1 Ordinary Rod
1 Mallow & Lana
1 Cynthia & Caitlin
1 Reset Stamp
1 Thunder Mountain {*}
3 Power Plant
2 Tag Switch
3 Switch
3 Professor's Research
2 Energy Switch
---------------------------
7 Electric Energy
4 Speed Energy

The strategy is to power up your Pokemon with Pikachu & Zekrom-GX and Tapu Koko {*}, then relentlessly pound them with attacks from Tapu Koko V. If they have too many GX cards in play, you can punish them with Mega Lopunny & Jigglypuff-GX.

Last edited:

I like pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
Any particular reason you don't run the full 4 Speed Energy?
I agree with running 4 Speed Energy. I'm pretty sure that Tapu Koko prism does attach special energy. However the only reason that I think that there is no 4th speed energy is that he/she plays Mega Lopuff which does not work with speed energy.

On the topic of Mega Lopuff- why play it? I don't really know of any matchups where it is outclassed by Tapu Koko V or Pikarom. So...

-1 Mega Lopunny & Jigglypuff
+1 Speed Energy

Also I don't really like the fact that there are 4 switch cards in the deck. I would take 1-2 switches out. The reason behind this is that you already have Tapu Koko V that has free retreat and you also have Greens to search them out. Maybe adding the fourth research would help with consistency. If you choose to take out two switches, then I'd suggest playing an energy switch so that you don't need two Pikaroms in play(+Tapu Koko prism+Tag switch+Energy) to get the T1/T2 Full blitz but rather being more conservative and being able to attach the other prism attachment to a Tapu Koko V.

I hope you found my suggestions useful. Thanks!

TheTempest

Aspiring Trainer
The reason that I wasn't playing a full count of Speed Energy was because I thought that Koko {*} couldn't accelerate with it, but it actually can! Thanks a million for your help. I will update my post for the new list. BTW, the reason that I am running so many switching cards is because of the fact that Milotic V will definitely be a viable deck, and so is Probopass from Rebel Crash, and Tangrowth from Cosmic Eclipse. And, a lot of decks are playing Absol from Team Up as a 1-of.

ADP Big Rat

150/350
Koko Prism doesn't accelerate Speed Energy. Speed Energy, and all other Special Energy specify that they count as [C] when not in play.

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Koko Prism doesn't accelerate Speed Energy. Speed Energy, and all other Special Energy specify that they count as [C] when not in play.

Actually the new Special Energies still count as their respective types outside of play, so it does! For example the new Charjabug can attach Speed Energy from deck due to the wording on the card.

ADP Big Rat

150/350
Actually the new Special Energies still count as their respective types outside of play, so it does! For example the new Charjabug can attach Speed Energy from deck due to the wording on the card.
No it doesn't. The text on Speed Energy says "As long as this card is attached to a Pokemon, it provides [L] Energy." While not attached to a Pokemon it does not count as a Lightning Energy.

I like pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
I would still have 4 Speed Energies in your deck regardless of the ruling. Buzzwole GX players used to play 4 Strong Energies even though Max Elixirs couldn't be used with them. It may not be the best comparison, but two extra cards drawn is almost never a bad thing(unless deckout scenarios/mill).

ADP Big Rat

150/350
I would still have 4 Speed Energies in your deck regardless of the ruling. Buzzwole GX players used to play 4 Strong Energies even though Max Elixirs couldn't be used with them. It may not be the best comparison, but two extra cards drawn is almost never a bad thing(unless deckout scenarios/mill).
Actually most of them did use 3 Strong. Until the baby Buzzwole variant became the more popular archetype, BuzzRoc played 9 Fighting, 3 Strong and a Beast to maximize Elixir odds and damage. And even though they didn't have straight search for said Strong Energy, they could aggressively draw through their deck to find them, which you can't do with a Green's engine.

Also, why do you run a Green's engine @TheTempest ? Green is slow, clunky and less consistent than the Ability variant. Starting Koko prism is a death sentence and not having Zeraora to pivot everything for free in addition to other issues makes no sense to me. I also think you overlooked a few new card options from RCL. Speed Energy isn't the only new card that you should be playing. Power Plant is a really underwhelming stadium now, and Galar Mine does a better job at shutting their consistency down since basically every deck is running Jirachi. And with heavy Switch you aren't affected. You should definitely be playing Bosses' Orders over Customs since it saves space, lets you conserve the consistency being devoted to find Customs during games, and can be directly Geared into. I have no clue why you don't play Energy Spinner, since missing a single attachment in your first 2-3 turns by itself can make you lose, and gives Green a way to be more useful. And in my personal opinion, I think you should be playing 2-3 Stamp, since that's more or less the strongest card Green can search, and is really the only compelling reason to ever run Green engines over normal Ability based ones.

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
I assume the new Special Energy cards having the Energy's symbol in the top right corner like the Basic Energy cards, is how Tapu Koko <*> is able to accelerate them?

If so, does that mean Heat Fire Energy interacts with Volcanion, Welder, Giant Hearth, etc?

TheTempest

Aspiring Trainer
The reason I play a Green's Engine is because it's hella fun, and I wanted to try something different with PikaRom.

I like pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah that was my bad. I assumed that speed energy was always a lightning energy and Tapu Koko could accelerate them. Whoops

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
That's why I was confused, reading the cards was telling me ya couldn't haha.

There was a glitch long ago on PTCGO with Burning Energy where if it was detached from a Pokemon you could Blacksmith it back on. That was fun.