'Pokemon Journeys' Coming to Netflix, Episodes to Release Quarterly!

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Canada represent!! Hooray for the corporate anime!

Granted, this is a smart move. This is really the future of TV.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Just US and Canada?

Edit - 3 months later? that sucks ...

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I mean, it's cool. You definitely should watch the sub though, to avoid unnecessary censorship and mistranslations. Or you can just not watch, cause this series is kinda bad.
Why wasn't "Gou" good enough? It's an obvious pander... I mean, homage to Pokemon Go. This is one of these unnecessary translations I was taking about.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
So the US gets it via Netflix mid-June, whilst in the UK, it'll be airing on POP from September 1st.

I mean, on the upside, that means POP should have at least 24 episodes by the time it hits TV, but it's kind of a bummer that it's not launching any sooner on the UK end. At the same time, also finding it interesting that the series is premiering on POP when CITV in the UK have been the go-to for new episodes for the best part of the last decade here, though at the same time POP does air a great deal of all the older seasons whereas CITV sticks to the more recent ones. Eh, I have a VPN subscription active atm, so if I wanna see it sooner, I can always fire up the US Netflix :p

(And I still find it funny in an ironic sense that POP, a channel owned by SONY, is airing an anime based on a Nintendo property. )

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
why does the dub still scream "CRINGE"
Pokemon should just drop the dub and let the sub flow into the veins of those who wish to still watch it

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
Sounds good to me.

Cable is dead. Waiting weekly or for a schedule set by a network telling you what you get to watch is dead.

Long live the future.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
why does the dub still scream "CRINGE"
Pokemon should just drop the dub and let the sub flow into the veins of those who wish to still watch it

I'm sure this goes without saying, but the audience for the Pokemon anime is primarily children, many of whom may not have the reading capacity (or the desire) to keep up with subtitles quite yet haha.

Honestly, that makes the idea of putting it on Netflix even more lucrative. Kids will watch the same show with the same episodes over and over again, sometimes daily if their parents allow it. Netflix is perfect for that. It's a great opportunity to drill in the propaganda... er... I mean... the wholesome and educational lessons in every show!

Aggie_Brad

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
That sux that Pokemon is putting the new season 23 on Netflix. Still don't subscribe to that crap propaganda machine. Hopefully, they will fix it for season 24.

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Very happy about the fact that it'll be premiering on Netflix rather than some other channel. Got rid of cable a long time ago and primarily use Netflix nowadays. Good move by TPCI, in my opinion.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Netflix is trying to monopolize the anime streaming market. Even if it's good in this case, I hate it overall

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Just wondering is it for selected country, hopefully I can get the sub version. hate to see the dubbed one