Fun Gen 4 (DPPt/HGSS) Shiny Hunting

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Hey there - I'm finding a bit of down time with the quarantine and have rediscovered the masterpiece that is Pokémon HeartGold. I've decided I want to Shiny hunt a few of the Legendaries, but don't know if there are any available ways to improve your odds.

Is this simply a soft resetting game or are there other methods of Shiny hunting Legendaries in Gen 4? Thanks for your help!

Adam Kalamat

Aspiring Trainer
I am pretty sure that soft resetting is the only way. Other than that as far as I can remember the shiny charm was introduced in later games, so your best bet is to have a good shiny hunting team and be ready to soft reset for a while.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Not really any advice I have to give (Legendaries are full odds and there's nothing you can do about it I'm pretty sure), but I'm doing the same thing myself actually! I'm currently working on shiny Ho-Oh. Best of luck to you in hunting for them, hopefully it won't take as long as it's taking me.

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Not really any advice I have to give (Legendaries are full odds and there's nothing you can do about it I'm pretty sure), but I'm doing the same thing myself actually! I'm currently working on shiny Ho-Oh. Best of luck to you in hunting for them, hopefully it won't take as long as it's taking me.

Best of luck on your hunt! I haven't caught a Shiny Pokémon in a main series game since Pokémon Silver, so I want this to count. I'm gonna start with Articuno, do the other Birds, then take a stab at Lugia and Kyogre. (I've already encountered the other three roamers.)

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Best of luck on your hunt! I haven't caught a Shiny Pokémon in a main series game since Pokémon Silver, so I want this to count. I'm gonna start with Articuno, do the other Birds, then take a stab at Lugia and Kyogre. (I've already encountered the other three roamers.)
Thanks! I'm trying to do Ho-Oh/Lugia/the Birds right now in Heartgold. I'm intending on waiting to do Groudon and Kyogre until I have the chance to get them both because my end goal is Rayquaza (Or I could just get a copy of Ruby/Sapphire, I only have Emerald right now and that game has broken RNG).