'Eruption Walker' Japan's Mini-Set for April!

Makes sense that we'd finally see a regular Fighting Tyranitar. They tend to prioritize the rare types when deciding a card's type. Now that Poison has merged with Dark, Darkness is no longer a rare type like Fire, Lightning, or Metal.

I am speechless. The first fighting type Tyranitar that wasn't either called 'Dark' or a dual type. Does that mean a fighting type Aggron line without 'Team Magma' is next?

It's great that it's fighting type. It makes sense but every once in a while they really should stop making these huge awkward attacks on big Pokemon

I remember when Tyranitar was electric type and used Shock counters. That was pretty awesome lol.

Neato Burrito
I am pretty glad that we got a fighting type but why are its attacks so expensive this is a fighting type one of the worst types to accelerate energy to so I think its only ok but not good enough to see play

Neato Burrito
I am pretty glad that we got a fighting type but why are its attacks so expensive this is a fighting type one of the worst types to accelerate energy to so I think its only ok but not good enough to see play

It's a Tyranitar what do you expect a 1 energy attack. But your right it would be nice to see something different

Um, Coalossal?

But yes, these stage two attackers are just not on par with basic Vs. This game is back to being the Basic Pokemon game like the EX era.
A stage 2 to accelerate to a stage 2 isn't what I would consider a good option.

But yes, I forgot about Coalossal

Honestly the Pupitar is more exciting here. Sure, the application in standard is limited to this one and the Team Up one, but the Team Up version of TTar GX in expanded could be really fun with this.

This will look perfect in a Tyranitar collection shrine. Will see 0 play even in casual fun decks.

Why would this not see play in casual fun decks? Hitting 320 with Diancie + Dojo + Vitality Band would be fun. We have to see what they are going to do with rotation though, cause if we get a regular rotation, I think we'll have like 1 month to do that.

Why would this not see play in casual fun decks? Hitting 320 with Diancie + Dojo + Vitality Band would be fun. We have to see what they are going to do with rotation though, cause if we get a regular rotation, I think we'll have like 1 month to do that.
More like 2 weeks.

And someone will try it a couple of times, never get an attack off, and call it a day.

Love me a good Tyranitar. In comparison to the rest, this one's energy costs aren't even that frightening!

4 energies to KO any Pokemon V (albeit not Vmax) is a pretty cool if you ask me.

You attack twice with its second attack. That's 8 energy and 10 cards discarded from your deck... That's assuming you were able to get it off and didn't discard anything vital. (Spoiler alert from anyone who played Exadrill, you will) even if the discarding wasn't the effect still getting 3-4 manual attachments onto one Pokemon, a STAGE 2 Pokemon. That's ALOT to ask for when there are significantly better stage 2 Pokemon who don't require so much effort that won't hurt yourself

Back