• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Rillaboomers (Rillaboom VMAX) Rebel Clash

zigzag501

Aspiring Trainer
Rillaboom VMAX has been my most hyped card ever since it was revealed and I'm exited to share my 6th version of the list here. I'm really satisfied with it other than the Erika's, I don't want to play Research or Marnie in that spot tbh so I didn't know what else to put in. Any advice on the list would be greatly appreciated!!!

Here it is:

Rillaboom VMAX

Pokemon - 17

2 - Rillaboom Vmax
3 - Rillaboom V
3 - Grookey
3 - Rillaboom
3 - Jirachi
1 - Shaymin♦
1 - Dedenne GX
1 - Eldegoss V

Trainer’s - 33

4 - Quick Ball
2 - Net Ball
3 - Pokemon Communication
2 - Energy Recycler
1 - Ordinary Rod
2 - Escape Board
2 - Switch
4 - Rare Candy
2 - Bosses Orders
2 - Bill’s Analysis
4 - Cynthia
2 - Erika’s Hospitality
3 - Turfield

Energy - 10

10 - Grass Energy

Rillaboom VMAX – Grass – HP330
VMAX Pokemon (Dynamax) – Evolves from Rillaboom V

[C] Scratch: 50 damage.

[G][G][G][C] Grand Drum Roll: 130+ damage. You may discard up to 3 [G] Energy from this Pokemon. This attack does 50 more damage for each Energy you discarded in this way.

When your Pokemon VMAX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 3

Side note: May cut 1 Quick ball for one more Net ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
How is it?
Have you tested it?
From the list, I would think it looks slow.
Especially because you need 2 baby rillaboom to be able to attack consistently.

zigzag501

Aspiring Trainer
How is it?
Have you tested it?
From the list, I would think it looks slow.
Especially because you need 2 baby rillaboom to be able to attack consistently.
You only need one baby boom, you can only discard 3 of the 4 energy on Rillaboom VMAX for max damage, so you'll still have a energy on the VMAX u attacked with last turn, unless its knocked out. One Voltage Beat + Attach for turn is enough to get a full attack off. So only one is needed, later in the game getting a 2nd out is helpful, but not needed. The deck has enough consistency to get a RillaVMAX and a BabyBoomer out T2. Then proceeding to hit for 280 T2 if necessary.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Some quick changes... from playing with VMAXs you'll want a higher line count. usually 3-3 or 4-3 line. It really helps with consistency and prizing issues. Because Rillaboom V's first attack gets you two basic pokemon on your bench, I suggest playing a 4-3 so that you have a higher chance of starting with it. That'll give you great momentum in setting up your bench.

Another suggestion would be going to a 4-4 or 4-3 line of Baby Rillaboom. Boss's Orders makes bench sitters more vulnerable. If I'm your opponent, I know your Rillaboom on the bench is more a threat than the Rillaboom VMAX in the active. Without your baby bench sitting Rillaboom your Rillaboom VMAX won't be able to continuously do big damage. So adding more to the count and trying to keep 2 on the bench puts more pressure on your opponent.

zigzag501

Aspiring Trainer
Some quick changes... from playing with VMAXs you'll want a higher line count. usually 3-3 or 4-3 line. It really helps with consistency and prizing issues. Because Rillaboom V's first attack gets you two basic pokemon on your bench, I suggest playing a 4-3 so that you have a higher chance of starting with it. That'll give you great momentum in setting up your bench.

Another suggestion would be going to a 4-4 or 4-3 line of Baby Rillaboom. Boss's Orders makes bench sitters more vulnerable. If I'm your opponent, I know your Rillaboom on the bench is more a threat than the Rillaboom VMAX in the active. Without your baby bench sitting Rillaboom your Rillaboom VMAX won't be able to continuously do big damage. So adding more to the count and trying to keep 2 on the bench puts more pressure on your opponent.
I can get behind the extra grookey, but ive never seen more than a 3-2 of vmaxes, you only need to use a maximum of 2 vmaxes per game, and having 2 of them + rod youll be fine.

With all the search you dont rely on forest feast, its more of just a bonus, just in case search

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi zigzag501,

First of all: Congrats on not choosing Rowlet and Alolan Exeggutor GX in this list. That card is terrible in a Rillaboom deck. I am with jamashawalker and would advice to increase the Rillaboom V and Rillaboom Vmax count by one. I also like Oranguru instead of Jirachi in this list since it needs much less deck slots to make the entire deck more stable and allow you to run Research and Marnie in addition to Cynthia to achieve a stable count of nine draw supporters. This mix worked out rather well for me. However since you explicitly mentioned that you neither want to run Marnie nor Prof. Research I hestiate to suggest that to you. However I would encourage you to check them out in the list together with Oranguru who combos real well with either of these two draw supporters from experience.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I've been testing Shaymin out in this list and it's been a card just sleeping in the deck never even used lol Rillaboom's main goal is to get energy on to discard instantly. Shaymin's damage output is very low when used in conjunction with Rillaboom's gameplan. That's your 60th card that you can cut from the deck :)

zigzag501

Aspiring Trainer
Hi zigzag501,

First of all: Congrats on not choosing Rowlet and Alolan Exeggutor GX in this list. That card is terrible in a Rillaboom deck. I am with jamashawalker and would advice to increase the Rillaboom V and Rillaboom Vmax count by one. I also like Oranguru instead of Jirachi in this list since it needs much less deck slots to make the entire deck more stable and allow you to run Research and Marnie in addition to Cynthia to achieve a stable count of nine draw supporters. This mix worked out rather well for me. However since you explicitly mentioned that you neither want to run Marnie nor Prof. Research I hestiate to suggest that to you. However I would encourage you to check them out in the list together with Oranguru who combos real well with either of these two draw supporters from experience.
Finally, someone agrees with me that EggRow isn't a good card for Rillaboom. Once locals start back up I'll be sure to try the Prof/Oranguru combo as well as my version. Thanks for the advice and I'm glad to know that I'm not crazy thinking candy is better than EggRow for this deck.

I've been testing Shaymin out in this list and it's been a card just sleeping in the deck never even used lol Rillaboom's main goal is to get energy on to discard instantly. Shaymin's damage output is very low when used in conjunction with Rillaboom's gameplan. That's your 60th card that you can cut from the deck :)
Yea I can agree with that, After playing EggRow/Boom for a while I realized that Shaymin hasn't been used a lot. So I'll definitely be removing it

Dhelmise V?
I don't think its good enough to warrant a spot, but I can give it a try.

JFlo

Aspiring Trainer
Just a thought but I think life forest prism star would be pretty saucy in this deck?