Contest April [Fools'] 2020 CaC! (Stay Tuned for Results!)

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I definitely put a lot of time and effort into this and used only the most premium of photographic editing softwares, Microsoft Paint:

Mime_Time_v2.png

EDIT: I gotta say boys this really is my magnum opus

Last edited:

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Hold up. For text, are there any limitations except following forum rules and putting the cards name or something

also, this is a quote from the rules:
“posting your entry again on a different post also deducts 2 points.” cant we just abuse this?

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
Hold up. For text, are there any limitations except following forum rules and putting the cards name or something

“posting your entry again on a different post also deducts 2 points.” cant we just abuse this?
You would still need to follow forum rules, of course, but my interpretation of what Pone said is that there are essentially no restrictions on what can be put in the card (including with regard to the card name, attacks, W/R/RC etc.)

Also if you try to post your entry multiple times to rack your points down, I imagine Pone would just count it as happening once, like how he will for the edit penalty.

Pone

Delta Species is best species

Almonds already covered most of this. The only restriction is you have have legible illustration credit and you must include the CaC symbol (though it can be crudely drawn).

As for the penalty rule, Almonds is correct. Editing and reposting will not stack on extra point deductions.

As a side note, it also won't be possible to have negative points in any category, so filling up one attack with 100 spelling errors and doing everything else right will not be enough to get you 0 points overall. It will just be 0 for that part of the grading. (You can achieve negative points with the edit/repost penalty, though).

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Here we go!

Magikarp GX – Water – HP10
Basic
Ability: BE A GOD
This dude can't be touched by literally nothing in this world,making him a GOD.

[C] God Splash 100000000
This attack can't be explained bc it literally kil-I mean Knock Out every Pokèmon,and when I say everyone I mean everyone.

[] God Wants To End This Once For ALL-GX
When our Karp God is tired of killing everyone,just use this and you win the game.
You win,just it,be happy of that.

Weakness: He has not weakness bc it's a God
Resistance: He has not resistance bc it's a God
Retreat: It's a God,he can head out when it wants
Pokédex Information:
Magikarp became finally a God and stronger than Arceus,and he wants to kill everyone now.
All pray the Karp God!

Yeah,I ended up to do this card because...
it's Magikarp,the weakest Pokèmon alive,he needs to become God.
And it also fits bc this is a funny contest,isn't it?

I hope you like my card!

Mora

Don't Panic
Almonds already covered most of this. The only restriction is you have have legible illustration credit and you must include the CaC symbol (though it can be crudely drawn).

As for the penalty rule, Almonds is correct. Editing and reposting will not stack on extra point deductions.

As a side note, it also won't be possible to have negative points in any category, so filling up one attack with 100 spelling errors and doing everything else right will not be enough to get you 0 points overall. It will just be 0 for that part of the grading. (You can achieve negative points with the edit/repost penalty, though).

Maybe you should /add/ points if players edit their submission post, etc.

Mora

Don't Panic
Here we go!

Magikarp GX – Water – HP10
Basic
Ability: BE A GOD
This dude can't be touched by literally nothing in this world,making him a GOD.

[C] God Splash 100000000
This attack can't be explained bc it literally kil-I mean Knock Out every Pokèmon,and when I say everyone I mean everyone.

[] God Wants To End This Once For ALL-GX
When our Karp God is tired of killing everyone,just use this and you win the game.
You win,just it,be happy of that.

Weakness: He has not weakness bc it's a God
Resistance: He has not resistance bc it's a God
Retreat: It's a God,he can head out when it wants
Pokédex Information:
Magikarp became finally a God and stronger than Arceus,and he wants to kill everyone now.
All pray the Karp God!

Yeah,I ended up to do this card because...
it's Magikarp,the weakest Pokèmon alive,he needs to become God.
And it also fits bc this is a funny contest,isn't it?

I hope you like my card!

I'd like to propose some artwork for this card:

Sekiro-Shadows-Die-Twice-Great-Colored-Carp-678x381.jpg

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
In for image

I don't normally like doing image fakes since I am not very good at it, but I think I've come up with a winner.

1xdhadsasdhasd.img

Let me walk you through my process.

Okay, so first I

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
! ! ! PLEASE IGNORE MY PREVIOUS POST I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT THIS POST IS THE CORRECT ONE ! ! !

5Of6LPS.jpg

BALANCED FOR SWORD AND SHIELD ERA

Okay, so first I decided that I wanted to make a Sylveon since that is one of my favorite Pokemon. I couldn't find any blank cards to use so I decided to make my own. I remember seeing on some old cards that there was stage 1 stage 2 and stage 3 and I think the way it goes is baby pokemon are stage 1 and then the first stage is stage 2 and then the final form is stage 3? I haven't played this game in a long time so sorry if I messed that up lol! Right so back to Sylveon, I found some really cool art of a Sylveon that I wanted to use, I think it's a Gigantamax form from the new games?? It looked super cool and it was hard to cut out but I did it. (Side note: I don't know what "Basic" there means, if anyone could tell me that'd be great!) I figured that since I was making my own Pokemon card I should be able to move some things around if I wanted to so I moved the life points from the corner, where no one is gonna see it, to right in the middle of the poke-power, where everyone is gonna look. NOw here's where things get interesting. The power is called swing throgh the trees and it gives Sylveon the power to swing throgh the trees. I think it's a unique power that you wouldn't expect on a Sylveon. It also invites you to bring a pokemon to swing with him/her (I don't judge) (and neither does Sylveon). I figure that if you don't have any friends it would be good to draw a lot of cards so you can find some so I added on a thing to let you draw a lot of cards I did a google search for fairy energies and that was the symbol I found, it seems kind of big but anything to stay official. After that my mom said it was time for bed so I turned my computer off and went to bed. The next day I turned my computer on and found out that I forgot to save!!!! everything was gone!!!!! I was so angry and decided to start from scratch since I really wanted to be in this contest with you all. I gave it an attack called dark inside you for 40 damage because I was definitely feeling the dark inside me from losing all my work! I knew I needed another attack but I was running out of room on the card so I went to google to get some ideas. I found a really cool one and so to save room (as I am sort of messy when I fake (sorry I'm new!)) I decided to simply copy and paste it. It looks like they did a better job than me lol! When I pasted it I accidentally covered some of the attack so I had to write it again but I couldn't remember what color I used so I just used red cause it showed up better. Then I saw I accidentally posted it incorrectly so I hope it's okay just ignore that post. Anyway I'm not mad anymore I should have saved so I got rid of the evil effect that I gave dark inside you, it's not your fault I was too silly to save:) I still had to give it a good effect though! After all that was done I changed my mind and decided I was gonna do a Flareon instead so that's why the rest of the card is red. Anyway this is my first fake and I hope you guys like it! Good luck everyone!!! Sorry about the mixup!!!!

Shout out to Light Venusaur and xxashxx, I miss you guys.

Mora

Don't Panic
In for image

I don't normally like doing image fakes since I am not very good at it, but I think I've come up with a winner.

1xdhadsasdhasd.img

Okay, so first I

! ! ! PLEASE IGNORE MY PREVIOUS POST I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT THIS POST IS THE CORRECT ONE ! ! !

5Of6LPS.jpg

BALANCED FOR SWORD AND SHIELD ERA

Okay, so first I decided that I wanted to make a Sylveon since that is one of my favorite Pokemon. I couldn't find any blank cards to use so I decided to make my own. I remember seeing on some old cards that there was stage 1 stage 2 and stage 3 and I think the way it goes is baby pokemon are stage 1 and then the first stage is stage 2 and then the final form is stage 3? I haven't played this game in a long time so sorry if I messed that up lol! Right so back to Sylveon, I found some really cool art of a Sylveon that I wanted to use, I think it's a Gigantamax form from the new games?? It looked super cool and it was hard to cut out but I did it. (Side note: I don't know what "Basic" there means, if anyone could tell me that'd be great!) I figured that since I was making my own Pokemon card I should be able to move some things around if I wanted to so I moved the life points from the corner, where no one is gonna see it, to right in the middle of the poke-power, where everyone is gonna look. NOw here's where things get interesting. The power is called swing throgh the trees and it gives Sylveon the power to swing throgh the trees. I think it's a unique power that you wouldn't expect on a Sylveon. It also invites you to bring a pokemon to swing with him/her (I don't judge) (and neither does Sylveon). I figure that if you don't have any friends it would be good to draw a lot of cards so you can find some so I added on a thing to let you draw a lot of cards I did a google search for fairy energies and that was the symbol I found, it seems kind of big but anything to stay official. After that my mom said it was time for bed so I turned my computer off and went to bed. The next day I turned my computer on and found out that I forgot to save!!!! everything was gone!!!!! I was so angry and decided to start from scratch since I really wanted to be in this contest with you all. I gave it an attack called dark inside you for 40 damage because I was definitely feeling the dark inside me from losing all my work! I knew I needed another attack but I was running out of room on the card so I went to google to get some ideas. I found a really cool one and so to save room (as I am sort of messy when I fake (sorry I'm new!)) I decided to simply copy and paste it. It looks like they did a better job than me lol! When I pasted it I accidentally covered some of the attack so I had to write it again but I couldn't remember what color I used so I just used red cause it showed up better. Then I saw I accidentally posted it incorrectly so I hope it's okay just ignore that post. Anyway I'm not mad anymore I should have saved so I got rid of the evil effect that I gave dark inside you, it's not your fault I was too silly to save:) I still had to give it a good effect though! After all that was done I changed my mind and decided I was gonna do a Flareon instead so that's why the rest of the card is red. Anyway this is my first fake and I hope you guys like it! Good luck everyone!!! Sorry about the mixup!!!!

Shout out to Light Venusaur and xxashxx, I miss you guys.

You mean you didn't intentionally post a broken link and cut off mid sentence as some sort of April Fool's joke and to also lose points by editing your submission post? I'm pressing 'X' because I doubt it :p

The Last Shaymin

Floof
text version of the card:

pikachu ex EX V MEGA GX PRIME LEVEL X DELTA / Lightning type / hp: 500 and 9

Ability: Gear shift
If you have a kling IRL, win!!

(L) blue eyes white dragon 千
あなたの pikachu ex EX V MEGA GX PRIME LEVEL X DELTAは しにます。

(L) Free Matchup GX i think 500 damage seems balanced

weekniss: yor mom
restance: pitsa hut
retreat: how about three does that sound good?

This pokemon has the rare ability to outpizza the hut. It is wanted in 17 countries for mass murder and caused the fall of the ussr.

Illus: The Last Shaymin

I think the card seems pretty balanced. One lightning for 1000 damage and self-knockout seems pretty okay. the gx attack is basically the asme thing, but the damage is halved. As a side effect, it no longer knocks itself out. I think the 500 and 9 hp makes it able to witchstand some hits, but the gx attack of another pikachu ex EX V MEGA GX PRIME LEVEL X DELTA will not one shot it. Choice band gets around this, so it seems fair. The retreat cost of 3 is to balance out the low cost of the attacks. When knocked out, it only gives one prize card, as it is a delta pokemon. I decided to make your mom the weakness because honestly anyone would die from seeing her. The resistance is pizza hut because in its lore, pikachu ex EX V MEGA GX PRIME LEVEL X DELTA can outpizza the hut so it seems only fitting that pizza hut is the resistance.

I decided to make the art myself, as i am a budding artist. I could not find the text files, so i decided to use a combination of Gigi , curlz MT, and my own handwriting. The text placements might be off a few pixels, but i think it should be fine. I decided to use the animated "gear" holofoil layover thing, and i think it makes the card look pretty good!

Overall, i am pretty confident in my card, i think it has the capability of getting full marks in every category.

Last edited:

The Last Shaymin

Floof
i got some new cool ideas so i remade my card.
pikachu_top_layer_1.gif

EDIT: you should watch jojos bizarre adventure
EDIT 2: if you want the holofoil set, DM me! I will be more than happy to give it to you.

Last edited: