Finished Big Brother 8: Friends and Enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Week 5: Head of Household
As the season progresses, the game may start to feel a bit crazy, taking you through sharp twists and turns as you try to avoid obstacles to your victory. And for this competition, we'll test you at exactly that. This week's Head of Household competition is...
Crazy Taxi!
This is the third time Crazy Taxi has appeared in a competition. In both BB2's Week 2 Power of Veto competition and BB7's Week 1 Head of Household competition, it was won by Mirdo, with scores of 67,308 and 72,214 respectively.

You have until March 26th at 6:00PM EST to submit for this competition! This gives you 47.75 hours. A reminder that I'm open to discussion about how long competitions should last, especially at later stages in the game where the competition gets tighter! Any reductions in time limits will be based on the house's opinions of a fair length.
A reminder that you must include two forms of documentation (e.g. your name, a Pokebeach tab, etc.) to prove the score was yours in your submission! As long as it's visible on-screen, drawn on or in something like a Notepad app, etc. that's perfectly fine. All submissions must be made to the host in PokeBeach PMs, or in Discord DMs, and you will be notified if your submission is valid, or invalid.
Discussion in any alliance chats is allowed for this competition! This competition is Full Throwing Available, and the top three scores will be revealed for it.
As outgoing Head of Household, Mirdo is ineligible to play in this competition.​

NinjaPenguin

Week 5: Head of Household Results
1st Place: @Nature Girl Mae with 70,786 points
2nd Place: @Brave Vesperia with 67,883 points
3rd Place: @Lord o da rings with 64,139 points

Congratulations to Mae on becoming Head of Household!
Mae, you have 24 hours, or until March 27th at 6:00PM EST, to post your two nominations in thread.​

Nature Girl Mae

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, I have spent a long time considering what to do and I think I have made the right choice. This was a hard choice to make and I didn't really think I would win HoH this week, so please understand my nominations and feel free to talk to me about them.

Okay, here are my nominations:

the first person I am nominating is...
Lily

the second person I am nominating is...
Brave

Thank you and good luck in the veto competition...

NinjaPenguin

Week 5: Power of Veto
One of the most important skills in Big Brother is accurately viewing your own skills, strengths, and weaknesses. And for this competition, estimating your capabilities will be crucial. This week's Power of Veto competition is...
Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better!

For this competition, you will all be given 30 minutes to play a flash game which you have never played before. This game is a chaotic infinite runner and requires a computer (and preferably a mouse) to play it. The trick? You'll have to predict a score you'll be able to beat in advance. Here are some examples of typical scores after 30 minutes in this game:
Ephemera scored 1,041,760 points
Celever scored 1,002,015 points
Hermes scored 238,395 points

For the first stage of this competition, you will all bet your scores. After this is done, you will then be given the chance to play the game. If you manage to beat the score you bet, your score in this competition will be the score you bet. However, if you fail to beat the score you bet, your score for this competition will be 0. The winner of this competition will thus be the player with the highest bet who managed to beat that bet (if everyone fails to beat their bet, the player who bet the lowest score will win the Power of Veto).
If you are confused about how this works, please don't hesitate to ask me.

Participants:
Head of Household: @Nature Girl Mae
Nominee: @Fiery_Lugia
Nominee: @Brave Vesperia
Random Draw: @EurekaTingz
Random Draw: @mirdo
Random Draw: @MCGRaven

You have until March 27th at 6:00PM EST to submit a bet for your score for the first phase of this competition! This gives you 6.5 hours. A reminder that I'm open to discussion about how long competitions should last, especially at later stages in the game where the competition gets tighter! Any reductions/extensions in time limits will be based on the house's opinions of a fair length.
Discussion in any alliance chats is allowed for this competition, but you may not talk about this competition in any way! Do not talk about the scores you are betting until the first phase of the competition is over, and until everyone has played, do not talk about the flash game itself, do not talk about how hard this was, do not talk about if you beat your score or not. This competition is Score Throwing Available, though all that will be revealed is everyone's bets after the first phase of the competition and who succeeded/failed at meeting the score they bet.​

Last edited:

NinjaPenguin

Week 5: Power of Veto Part 2
Bets:

Brave: 1,250,000 points
Mirdo: 1,111,111 points
Mae: 900,000 points
Raven: 754,892 points
Lily: 600,000 points
Flour: 200,000 points​

You have until March 28th at 7:00PM EST to schedule a time for you to play the game and actually play it (if you need more time due to scheduling problems, please just let me know this isn't an exact deadline)! This gives you 22.5 hours. A reminder that I'm open to discussion about how long competitions should last, especially at later stages in the game where the competition gets tighter! Any reductions/extensions in time limits will be based on the house's opinions of a fair length.
Discussion in any alliance chats is allowed for this competition, but you may not talk about this competition in any way! You may talk about the scores you bet now that the first phase of the competition is over, but until everyone has played, do not talk about the flash game itself, do not talk about how hard this was, do not talk about if you beat your score or not. This competition is Score Throwing Available, though all that will be revealed is everyone's bets after the first phase of the competition and who succeeded/failed at meeting the score they bet.​

NinjaPenguin

Week 5: Power of Veto Results
Mae and FL succeeded at meeting their bets, while the other four players were unsuccessful in meeting theirs. This means that the final standings for this competition are:
1st Place: @Nature Girl Mae with 900,000 points
2nd Place: @Fiery_Lugia with 600,000 points
3rd Place: @Brave Vesperia, @mirdo, @MCGRaven, and @EurekaTingz with 0 points

Congratulations to Mae for winning the Power of Veto!
Mae, you have 24 hours, or until March 29th at 6:00PM EST, to either use the veto on a nominee or discard the veto. Then, if it is used, Mae and the winner of the Backdoor Blockade, if any, will have 16 hours or the remainder of that time, whichever one is longer, to privately name a replacement nominee and decide whether or not they want to use the Backdoor Blockade respectively.​

NinjaPenguin

Week 5: Announcement
Let’s get straight to the point. @Nature Girl Mae has been removed from the game for cheating. She accessed her brother Jade’s Discord account in order to view the audience chat and used knowledge gained there in her decision making, including (but not necessarily limited to) her decisions for nominations, Power of Veto usage, and performance in the Power of Veto competition. Why do we think this? Let’s talk about it:
For various reasons, at the beginning of this week, some of us members of the audience chat began to grow suspicious that Mae had been using the audience chat to gain information. Because of this, we began to feed false information to the chat and developed a plan she should take that was clearly suboptimal for her game, in an attempt to ascertain if she was using this outside influence.
Of course, the result was that Mae did almost every single thing we suggested in the chat that she do, despite it quite often being harmful to her game and not keeping with what her plans for the week seemingly were earlier in the week. We justified these suggested moves with apparently convincing logic in order to ensure she took the bait; she was not following us blindly, but truly believed that the privileged information that the audience had allowed us to craft great plays for her game. In her DR, she transitioned to having certain plans always directly (within a few hours) after they were discussed in the audience chat. In her alliance chats, she used the same points of discussion we had mentioned she should. This was not one mere coincidence, but a series of multiple actions taken exactly as mentioned in the audience chat. Players shifted between being allies and targets for her game seemingly inexplicably, but in the ways that the audience advised despite it being bad and unintuitive plays for her to make.
Additionally, her score in this week’s Power of Veto competition was influenced by this cheating. Her score of 2,505,085 was a score which we believe was not achievable unless you used a certain strategy which was discussed in the audience chat (the link to the game was also there, so she may have gotten extra time to play). Oh and of course there’s the fact that when Jade looked at the computer, the screenshot of her score was from before she was sent the link to the competition by me. Screenshots of that below:
Her score screenshot, courtesy of Jade. Notice that the score was taken at 10:47 AM EST:
cQXpsTG.png

A2CQQnB.png

Me sending Mae the link. Notice that I sent this at 11:53 AM EST:
2u0wjJ4.png

Clearly, she had knowledge of the competition before it began.

Even without the screenshot, the evidence at this point was far too great to be explained by mere coincidence. The multitude of plans that Mae did exactly as the audience described, immediately after the audience described them, is too large to be explained by coincidence, and too bad for her game to be explained by good play. The lack of continuity in her plans or logic tying it together makes it clear that this was not a normal thought process. Of course, her score screenshot also provides direct proof of her multifaceted cheating without a shadow of a doubt. Thus, we have made the decision to remove Mae from this game.
This week will be treated as though Mae was evicted from the game and we will proceed with Week 6 shortly.
As for the explicit evidence of where Mae used audience chat information to assist her social/strategic game, this will be posted after the game has ended, as it obviously includes information pertinent to the game that can’t be posted right now. This evidence has been approved as sufficient by Vom, the Forum Games moderator.

FAQ
How long has this cheating been happening?
We believe that Mae’s game was likely not influenced greatly by the audience chat on Week 4, and if it was, it had little effect because she didn’t speak much that week. We believe that the explicit influence has been mostly confined to this week of play.
It may have influenced her performance in the Fibbage competition, but since she didn’t win that, it likely won’t have a huge impact on the game.
Will Mae be a member of the jury?
We believe that Mae legitimately earned her spot in the jury, since she could not have gotten info from the audience chat until the jury phase began and Jade was evicted. That being said, she will only be allowed in the jury if every single player left in the game believes she should be allowed there. Otherwise, she will not. Until that decision has been made, Jade has been removed from the audience chat (he can come back if she isn’t in the jury).
If Mae’s decisions this week were made with this outside information, shouldn’t I repeat it?
Remember that this week we were feeding the chat false information and giving Mae suboptimal plays so it would be easier to catch her following them. You probably shouldn’t blindly follow her path.
Was Jade involved in this?
The answer is that I don’t know. Jade was completely cooperative and actually assisted us in catching her, but it’s certainly in the realm of possibility that Mae could have gotten info directly from him, just as it is feasible Mae could have gotten info using his computer without his knowledge. I would like to think he was not involved in this but I can’t truly be 100% sure.
What will happen to Mae on a moderation level?
Quite frankly, I don’t know. I’m not a mod and so all I can do is just stuff involving this game. This will be a matter handled by the mod team, not myself.

Please feel free to ask me any questions about this and I’ll try to answer this as well as I can. It’s really tough for me to find out someone was cheating in the game I’ve worked on so much, and I’m sure it will be the same for you, but I hope you all stick with it despite this and the ones of us who play honestly can use this as a moral victory at the very least.
Thanks for your time and thanks to every honest player here who recognizes there is no value in cheating, especially in a game with absolutely no reward for winning,
NP

NinjaPenguin

Week 6: Head of Household
I think following this news, what we all need is for a upbeat, distracting game where you can enjoy a fun soundtrack and pulverize some enemies. And so, that's what the competition for this week will be. This week's Head of Household competition is...
Feed the Beet Plus!

You may play on any track you'd like.

You have until April 1st at 6:00PM EST to submit for this competition! This gives you 44.5 hours (I know this is shorter than usual; if you want a deadline extension please ask). A reminder that I'm open to discussion about how long competitions should last, especially at later stages in the game where the competition gets tighter! Any reductions in time limits will be based on the house's opinions of a fair length.
A reminder that you must include two forms of documentation (e.g. your name, a Pokebeach tab, etc.) to prove the score was yours in your submission! As long as it's visible on-screen, drawn on or in something like a Notepad app, etc. that's perfectly fine. All submissions must be made to the host in PokeBeach PMs, or in Discord DMs, and you will be notified if your submission is valid, or invalid.
Discussion in any alliance chats is allowed for this competition! This competition is Full Throwing Available, and the top three scores will be revealed for it.​

NinjaPenguin

Week 6: Head of Household Results
1st Place: GekkisaiDaiNi with 314,159 points
2nd Place: Triplemo with 271,828 points
3rd Place: Firekitten with 8 points

Congratulations to Gekki on becoming Head of Household!
Gekki, you have 24 hours, or until April 2nd at 6:00PM EST, to post your two nominations in thread.

Week 6: Head of Household Results
1st Place: @Lord o da rings with 40,160 points
2nd Place: @mirdo with 22,852 points
3rd Place: @Brave Vesperia with 20,184 points

Congratulations to Lorde on becoming Head of Household!
Lorde, you have 24 hours, or until April 2nd at 6:00PM EST, to post your two nominations in thread.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
This is the nomination ceremony. As Head of Household, it is my duty to nominate 2 houseguests for eviction. Unlike my last HOH, I have no games or shenanigans prepared to determine nominees. This is what I believe is the best decision for my game. Without further ado, my first nominee is...

@MCGRaven - You have been nominated because you are, the way I see it, the biggest threat to win this game. It doesn't help that you're against me (and were even before I flipped on you and our alliance), most likely always will be, and have people on your side in agreement.

My second nominee is...

@Alfze - We haven't spoken since about Week 2, when I asked you to place chips on people. But everyone I've spoken to since then about you has mentioned that you've been gunning for me since the beginning of this game, and have tried to influence people to nominate me multiple times. I'm sorry to put you here, but it sounds like you'd have done the same thing.

I believe this to be the best decision for my game moving forward, no hard feelings. If anyone is confused and wants to talk to me more in depth about these nominees then I'd be happy to.

Once again, @NinjaPenguin the floor is yours.

NinjaPenguin

Week 6: Power of Veto
One of the most important skills in Big Brother is accurately viewing your own skills, strengths, and weaknesses. And for this competition, estimating your capabilities will be crucial. This week's Power of Veto competition is...
Logic Puzzle!

For this competition, you will all be given a logic puzzle, similar in nature to the ones that can be found here (if you aren't familiar with these, I highly recommend you try at least a couple before doing this comp). This puzzle will be 4x6 and will be themed around past seasons of Big Brother (though the knowledge you need to know will be very basic (e.g. who has won the game), here's the wiki in case you want it). The person to solve it in the fastest time (or the first one to solve it, if the competition is live) will win the Power of Veto.

Participants:
Head of Household: @Lord o da rings
Nominee: @MCGRaven
Nominee: @Alfze
Random Draw: @Brave Vesperia
Random Draw: @mirdo
Random Draw: @EurekaTingz

If possible, we'll hold a live competition today, probably at 5-5:30 PM EST (this really shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes unless I'm really off about how good people are at these). If that isn't possible, people can do it on their own the slow way.​

NinjaPenguin

Week 6: Power of Veto Results
With a time of 22 minutes, @MCGRaven is the winner of the Power of Veto!

Congratulations to Raven for winning the Power of Veto!
Raven, you have 24 hours, or until April 2nd at 6:00PM EST, to either use the veto on a nominee or discard the veto. Then, if it is used, Lorde will have 16 hours or the remainder of that time to name a replacement nominee, whichever one is longer.​

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
As Raven has saved himself from the block, I must name a nominee to take his place. Getting right to it, my replacement nominee is...

@Fiery_Lugia - Similar to Al, you've also been very vocal about wanting me out of this house, and I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future. You're also one of the people "in agreement" I alluded to when I nominated Raven, which worries me.

Good luck to both nominees in the eviction vote. As mentioned before, feel free to talk to me about any confusion with my nominations this week.

Take it away as usual @NinjaPenguin, the floor is yours.

NinjaPenguin

Week 6: Eviction
@Alfze and @Fiery_Lugia are the final nominees for this week.
As Head of Household, Lorde will only vote in the case of a tie. Neither of the nominees are allowed to vote. Everyone else, please privately cast your vote for the nominee you want to be evicted either by Discord DMs or PB PMs. There are 4 voters, with the Head of Household breaking a tie if necessary, so it takes 3 votes to be evicted this week.​

You have 22.5 hours, or until April 3rd at 6:00PM EST, to cast your vote. Votes will not be locked, even after everyone has cast a vote, so you may change your vote at any point up until the deadline.​

NinjaPenguin

Week 6: Vote Results
In a moment, I'll reveal the evicted houseguest. This person will have to gather all of their belongings and leave the Big Brother House immediately. By a vote of 3-1...
@Alfze, you are safe. @Fiery_Lugia, you have been evicted from the Big Brother House.

If you had any conversations about the game this week that I was not included in, please send me transcripts of them as soon as you can. Additionally, here's a friendly reminder that since FL has been evicted, you can no longer include her in communications about the game.​

NinjaPenguin

Week 7: Head of Household
As we enter the final stretch, you may find yourself faced with evolving situations, aiming at ever-changing targets as you try to knock out your obstacles. If you hope to win this competition, you'll need to be a master at using your resources to knock our your targets. This week's Head of Household competition is...
Bowling Masters!
This is the third time Bowling Masters has appeared in a competition. In both BB1's Week 2 Power of Veto competition and BB5's Week 6 Head of Household competition, it was won by NinjaPenguin (me!), with scores of 27,490 and 26,610 respectively.

You have until April 5th at 6:00PM EST to submit for this competition! This gives you 48 hours. A reminder that I'm open to discussion about how long competitions should last, especially at later stages in the game where the competition gets tighter! Any reductions in time limits will be based on the house's opinions of a fair length.
Discussion in any alliance chats is allowed for this competition! This competition is Score Throwing Available, and the top three scores will be revealed for it.
As outgoing Head of Household, Lorde is ineligible to play in this competition.​

NinjaPenguin

Week 7: Head of Household Results
1st Place: @EurekaTingz with 24,520 points
2nd Place: @mirdo with 24,120 points
3rd Place: @MCGRaven with 20,360 points

Congratulations to Flour on becoming Head of Household!
Flour, you have 24 hours, or until April 6th at 6:00PM EST, to post your two nominations in thread.​

EurekaTingz

Aspiring Trainer
This is the nomination ceremony. I have to nominate two houseguests for eviction this week. Please don't get offended by my reasonings, or if you're put up on the block. This is strictly strategic, and nothing is personal. Thank you.
So with that being said, my first nominee is...

@MCGRaven: Raven, you are clearly running the other side of the house, and you are also a clear competitor when it comes to comps. You were very close to winning this HOH competition, and it's not worth the risk to keep you off the block.

My second nominee is...

@mirdo: Mirdo, I've been told that you're trying to get me out. So before you take the first shot, I wanna take it first. Also, same with Raven, you both have been very strong competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.