• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Centiskorch Mill

I like pokemon

Aspiring Trainer
Hello there guys! I was playing on TCGone today and found an interesting list that runs Centiskorch and Welders( different to the popular variant with porygon-Z), and it seemed interesting. I also happened to run into @TuxedoBlack on TCGone who suggested that I should make a much more straightforward list that was a bit faster. It was ok and wasn't really that great at winning games so I thought I'd put it here to get suggestions. Anyway, here's the list:

Pokemon
1 Ditto Prism Star (LOT 154)
4 Sizzlipede (SSH 38)
1 Mewtwo & Mew-GX (UNM 71)
4 Volcanion (SMP 179)
1 Dedenne-GX (UNB 195)
4 Centiskorch (SSH 39)
1 Magcargo-GX (LOT 198)

Energy
16 Fire Energy (TEU 198)

Trainers
4 Pokémon Communication (TEU 196)
2 Ordinary Rod (SSH 215)
2 Pal Pad (SSH 172)
4 Welder (UNB 214)
2 Giant Hearth (CEC 263)
1 Heat Factory Prism Star (LOT 178)
1 Lysandre Prism Star (FLI 110)
4 Quick Ball (SSH 216)
4 Fire Crystal (UNB 231)
4 Fiery Flint (DRM 76)

I was thinking that I should take out stuff like fiery flints and other cards to make room for a few Jirachi/Switch/Escape board. If you think you could help me with this deck, please do. Thank you!

Also thanks to @TuxedoBlack for giving a few tips on the list. Cant build a fire deck without Lysandre Prism, am I right? Lol.

It was ok and wasn't really that great at winning games
So the reason it isn't that good is because the deck is simply unoptimal mill. Cinccino mill is better because it has a whole consistency engine dedicated to the mill strategy and can use Dolls (because it doesn't need to attack to mill) to keep your opponent from just ridding your field of the 3 energy you're using to mill every single turn. And since Bellelba & Brycen Man is a supporter that has the same mill count, you can stack them with Surge to mill much much faster.
Consistency issues aside, Centiskorch Mill is unfortunately just way too slow. It cannot mill enough cards to prevent your opponent from taking 6 prizes.
If you want to play a Mill strategy you should just play the Cinccino variant

Back