Charizard V/VMAX and Grimmsnarl V/VMAX Revealed!

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
-Charizard Vmax: With Welder, I like this card a lot. This is an easy 300 damage which invalidates TTGXs. As most people who have been a victim of turn 2 300 damage Mewtwo Mew TTGX, this is very easy to pull off consistently. Once Welder rotates or will be in a more Vmax focused metagame, it'll be underwhelming

-Grimsnarl Vmax: This depends on the dark energy acceleration we'll be receiving. 270 for 5 energy looks pretty bad, but if the energy acceleration is great, then it might be amazing

Lechu v 2017

Pokemon connoisseur
I'm liking the Charizards, for sure, but I DESPISE Grimmsnarl.
It is quite literally the worst looking pokemon EVER.

(I'm not being backwards towards it in play, but I just hate the design. BLECK.)

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
This is definitely among the worst Charizards in terms of damage output. What happened to the extreme levels of damage?

Was expecting something more along the lines of:

[R][R][R][R[C] G-Max Wildfire: 400 damage. Discard 4 Energy from this Pokemon.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
3-2-3 Goons(Ability snipe chips)
2 Jirachi
3-3 Charizard vmax

^ Expect the above possible pokemon portion of the decklist to appear on the limitless top site, if the zardmax is a thing, as well as taking welder out of expanded come August, when zardmax, and its neccessary discard of 2 fire energy for the 300 nuke, is expected to show up out west.

Don't know if standard will see welder getting banned by zard when zard arrives on top. Still nice knowing you, welder... :(

Last edited:

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Why goons? You dont need the extra damage. You ohko everything thats relevant except for maybe toxtricity vmax if thats good. And youll definitely want at least like 2 alt attackers for stuff like playing the eight prize game. And also where the hell is dedenne and eldegoss lmao, that pokemon line sucks. Also might wanna make that four jirachi and play ninetales TEU.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Why goons? You dont need the extra damage. You ohko everything thats relevant except for maybe toxtricity vmax if thats good. And youll definitely want at least like 2 alt attackers for stuff like playing the eight prize game. And also where the hell is dedenne and eldegoss lmao, that pokemon line sucks. Also might wanna make that four jirachi and play ninetales TEU.

With ability chippers like goons, charizard vmax can finish off opposing vmaxes like lapras vmax, copperajah gx w/ attached weakness guard energy, even grimmsnarl vmax, when without the ability chippers, the 300 is not enough to 1HKO...

Chippers can also aid zard in ensuring it can 1HKO buff padded celebi & venusaur ttgx w/ weakness guard energy attached, naganadel & guzzlord ttgx w/ attached big charm, and even adp w/ attached big charm..

Hmm... Maybe it's better w/ a 2-2-2 goons line over a 3-2-3 line, and a 2-2 vmax line over a 3-3 one, for deck space, including the 2 extra jirachis and the 2 Dedenne. And fyi, more than 2 evolution lines that involve at least 1 evolution Pokemon card(stage 1, stage 2, mega, vmax, etc.) means likely clunky deck, so Ninetales TEU is not the best sidekick for this likely beast of a card...

Last edited:

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Since when where celesaur and guzznaga relevant lmao. Adp just use a zigzagoon or vital band, dont need the full goons line. Copperajah doesnt seem good either, and either way I think you can beat a copperajah deck with no trouble. Grimmsnarl also sucks unless we get dark support. And lapras sucks since it loses to like everything except for this.

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Of COURSE we get a Charizard V/V-MAX. Everything in Pokemon eventually goes to Charizard. -_-
Why would they not give the Gigamax Charizard a card? I mean, if every other one is going to be getting one (which is assumed) it would make sense to eventually include him. It'd be stupid not to.

Charizard is going to get cards. People like the Pokemon, and it sells. It not deserving to get one simply because it's popular is an absurd notion. Especially in recent times when both popular AND unpopular Pokemon are getting Ultra Rares.

Lechu v 2017

Pokemon connoisseur
Why would they not give the Gigamax Charizard a card? I mean, if every other one is going to be getting one (which is assumed) it would make sense to eventually include him. It'd be stupid not to.

Charizard is going to get cards. People like the Pokemon, and it sells. It not deserving to get one simply because it's popular is an absurd notion. Especially in recent times when both popular AND unpopular Pokemon are getting Ultra Rares.
Yes, it would be stupid not to include Charizard, but, It does have a lot of cards. A fact no one can deny.
Charizard will turn into another Gardevoir.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
The hell? Charizard has more than twice the amount of cards than Gardevoir.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Yes, it would be stupid not to include Charizard, but, It does have a lot of cards. A fact no one can deny.
Sure, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I often see this notion that Charizard, or any popular Pokemon is inherently bad because they're popular-it's a huge pet peeve of mine. I don't really think they're doing much of the things that people are claiming they are, such as "stealing the spotlight" from less-popular Pokemon which isn't necessarily true for most of the TCG. (Just look at now even, Dhelmise and Torkoal and running around with fan favorites in the same set).