'Trainer's Toolkit' and 'Premium Figure & Pin Collection' Releasing in June!

Clam

Almost decent
What makes you estimate that the trainers toolkit will cost more than before?

Also V box is such a dumb name for a product I wonder if they will change it

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Also V box is such a dumb name for a product I wonder if they will change it
I mean, it's just going to end up being the Pokemon's name followed by "-V Box." Like how they did the Meowth VMAX one earlier. It gets the point across.

Not to mention, like WPM said, everything's preliminary right now so they're keeping things pretty nonspecific until TPCi releases information on the products (hence why the toolkit's price is only estimated, or why the names are so basic).

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
be nice if the Trainer Toolkit is like how the Trainer kits used to be when they came with a pack or 2 :)

awholterman

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Any chance this is like the Japanese expanded product that had the comp search reprint?

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
I'm sitting out the SWSH era, and focusing on collecting JP S&M sets. I'm actually hoping this, or some future product, is in line with "expanded format fanservice" sets like JP has done in the past (e.g. Best of XY during SM).

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
The Trainer’s Toolkit will probably come with a booster pack or two.

And one of them will be Steam Siege.

I can’t even tell if that’s a joke or the sad truth anymore.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
that would be pretty nice
Hes bound to get a tin or box or something but not seen any alt arts as yet? Prob end up being a new/inferior card

Would love the trainer tool kit to be a selection of meta trainers similar to japanese products - still think is def a gap for this in our market without affecting booster pack sales

signofzeta

Aspiring Trainer
I bet trainer's toolkit will be a long box with a bunch of semi-random cards that allow you to build different types of decks, kind of like MTG's Deckbuilder's toolkits.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
The trainers toolkit may be referring to the product that people got over in Japan. It had essential staples for the expanded including hard to find ace specs.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
The trainers toolkit may be referring to the product that people got over in Japan. It had essential staples for the expanded including hard to find ace specs.
This is what I think I'd want out of it. It feels like a pipe dream to have that happen but if we got just a nice box full of Expanded staples I would be really happy, if just for the Computer Search I've needed to get to complete BCR. (No way am I spending that much on a single card with barely any appeal to it if you don't actually play the TCG).

Sparkeagle

Aspiring Trainer
When is Zacian coming in a box?
We'll probably get it in May/June.

Since XY had tins for Xerneas/Yveltal EX in March, Kalos Starters in June, Kanto Starters in October
Groudon/Kyogre EX in March, Hoenn Starters in June, Latios/Rayquaza/Hoopa EX in October
Gyarados/Machamp/Mewtwo EX in March, Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde EX in May, Volcanion/Magearna/Pikachu EX in September
Solgaleo/Lunala GX in March, Tapu Koko/Bulu GX in May, Ho-oh/Marshadow/Necrozma GX in October
Necrozma GX tins in March, Sylveon, Glaceon Leafeon GX in September (Skipped mid year tins)
Tag Team Tins were released in March and September

So far the first years of XY and SM had the legendaries and their starters as tins.

We got our Galar starters, so I assume its mixing it up since most of the time, the legends are first then the starters.
So around May/June is the trend

EDIT: Well Black and White had the starter tins before the legendary tins so there is precedent that a base set year would follow the same trends

Last edited:

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
We'll probably get it in May/June.

Since XY had tins for Xerneas/Yveltal EX in March, Kalos Starters in June, Kanto Starters in October
Groudon/Kyogre EX in March, Hoenn Starters in June, Latios/Rayquaza/Hoopa EX in October
Gyarados/Machamp/Mewtwo EX in March, Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde EX in May, Volcanion/Magearna/Pikachu EX in September
Solgaleo/Lunala GX in March, Tapu Koko/Bulu GX in May, Ho-oh/Marshadow/Necrozma GX in October
Necrozma GX tins in March, Sylveon, Glaceon Leafeon GX in September (Skipped mid year tins)
Tag Team Tins were released in March and September

So far the first years of XY and SM had the legendaries and their starters as tins.

We got our Galar starters, so I assume its mixing it up since most of the time, the legends are first then the starters.
So around May/June is the trend

EDIT: Well Black and White had the starter tins before the legendary tins so there is precedent that a base set year would follow the same trends
That's...a long time.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Escpecially Computer Search. This would answer my long standing quesiton of how anyone is supposed to play Expanded with the supply of playable condition copies of that card dwindling. They can't last forever.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Escpecially Computer Search. This would answer my long standing quesiton of how anyone is supposed to play Expanded with the supply of playable condition copies of that card dwindling. They can't last forever.
It's weird. They always seem to put really good Expanded cards in niche products, but never do they give us the essentials, and they never keep them around for more than like, five minutes. An "Expanded Essentials" type box would be so nice to help people play the game-especially given that it's a really fun format (at least to me, the "old timer" who swears by the BW era). If they kept certain materials around as a little mainstay I think that it would be great for the game. Hell, it might even encourage me, the hermit who has never played a physical game of the TCG, to get out there and play.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
This is could be perfect for drafts. Could be very interesting, depending on what makes up those 50 cards.