• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Stage 3 (Meganium/Nidoqueen/Swampert)

Mega Mewthree...

A new threat has appeared.
Hi everyone,
I am looking for a way to make this deck as effective as possible with the new "Sword and Shield" cards available. I would love your help in figuring out the best way to run it. Thank you in advance.

Pokemon
4 Chikorita
4 Meganium
4 Nidoran
4 Nidoqueen
3 Mudkip
3 Swampert

Trainer
1 lysandre labs
2 shrine of punishment
1 pal pad
2 pokegear 3.0
3 evolution incense
4 great ball
4 rare candy
1 brock's grit
1 cynthia and caitlin
2 lt. surge's strategy
2 bill's analysis
2 tate and liza
2 professor elm's lecture
2 green's exploration
4 hau

Energy
4 Triple acceleration
1 Super Boost

For those who do not know, the strategy of the deck is the use Meganium's quick ripening herb ability to evolve all of the other Pokemon. In combination with Nidoqueen's pokemon search ability and powerful attack, this deck can be nearly unstoppable...if it gets set up. The ideal set up is two of each Pokemon on the bench and it is best to have this set up by turn 3 or 4.

Last edited:
run 1-2 pre evos for meganium (the middle one i forgot its name) and 1 more evolution incense as it would be more easy to search out those and evolve the long way keep id replace the greens search or hau for these. also i dont think your playing enough evo cards to take advantage of nidoqueens attack

Last edited:
I played against this and bricked but still won because 110 is not enough and they don't play the mew to block nag from decimating their board.
You should play mew.

Hi Clam,
I tried running 1 Bayleef and 1 more incense. It was much easier to evolve to Meganium with the Bayleef. However, the 4th incense seemed like too much. THank you so much for you response.

Hi AngryBokoblin,
Are you sure that you know what this deck does? It uses Nidoqueen's attack with a full bench to do 260 damage and get ahead by knocking out multiple prize attackers. However, it does have a hard time against Giratina due to only playing 5 energy. I am sorry if I misunderstood your comment and I would love more detail about what you were thinking.

Hi Clam,
I tried running 1 Bayleef and 1 more incense. It was much easier to evolve to Meganium with the Bayleef. However, the 4th incense seemed like too much. THank you so much for you response.

Hi AngryBokoblin,
Are you sure that you know what this deck does? It uses Nidoqueen's attack with a full bench to do 260 damage and get ahead by knocking out multiple prize attackers. However, it does have a hard time against Giratina due to only playing 5 energy. I am sorry if I misunderstood your comment and I would love more detail about what you were thinking.
I swear I saw a greninja in your list lol nevermind.
It still just loses to tina.

Hey guys.
I have update the deck. It seems much more consistent in terms of evolving my Pokemon. However, I think that there could be a better supporter count. Any thoughts?
Pokemon
3 Chikorita
3 Meganium
4 Nidoran
4 Nidoqueen
3 Mudkip
3 Swampert
3 Sobble
3 Drizzile
3 Inteleon

Trainer
1 lysandre labs
1 shrine of punishment
1 pal pad
1 ordinary rod
3 evolution incense
3 great ball
3 rare candy
1 brock's grit
1 cynthia and caitlin
2 lt. surge's strategy
2 bill's analysis
2 tate and liza
2 professor elm's lecture
3 hau

Energy
4 Triple acceleration
1 Super Boost

so why do you want more supporters does the deck brick often? (also i recomend playing a doll or two for stalling) id say play 1 faba and a viatallity band to hit 270 dmg and have more range in terms of taking out tag teams and MAAAAAYBE have the fossil pokemon that can 1 shot any basic pokemon as a finisher

Last edited:
oh well a issue i found with the deck is that it "only" hits 260 i think vitality band would be a lot of help for the deck because now you hit 270 K.Oing much more tag teams also id play a single faba with that to get rid of big charm. although adding these could be hard as most of the deck is consistency cards and these are not at all

Hi Mega Mewthree,

Nice deck in general. Maybe consider these modifications:

Pokémon:
- 1 Swampert (two are sufficient)
- 1 Mudkip (see above)
- 1 Meganium (see above)
- 1 Chikorita (see above)

Trainer:
- 1 Brock's Grit (Ordinary Rod suffices as retrieval)
- 2 Lt. Surge's Strategy (not needed in this deck)
- 2 Bill's Analysis (better option are available)
- 2 Tate and Liza (better options are available)
- 3 Hau (there are much better options)
- 1 Cynthia & Caitlin (see above)
- 3 Great Ball (better options)
- 1 Pal Pad (we need the space)

+ 2 Guzma and Hala (searches for special energy, a stadium and a tool)
+ 4 Cynthia (great draw card in this deck to start off)
+ 4 Marnie (great to get rid of an unplayable hand and dig deeper into the deck)

+ 3 Pokémon Communication (great search in this deck)
+ 3 Quick Ball (great Basic Pokémon search)
+ 1 Rare Candy (this deck needs four even with Meganium out)
+ 2 Spell Tag / Vital Band / Air Balloon (your choice in terms of tools)

Hope this provides some assistance.

Back