• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Forest Drummer (Rilaboom V / Rillaboom / Shaymin Prism / Jirachi)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
FOREST DRUMMER

240px-812Rillaboom.png

Pokémon (16):
  • 1 Shaymin Prism Star (beatdown)
  • 3 Rillaboom Vmax (beatdown)
  • 3 Rilaboom V S1a (beatdown)
  • 3 Rilaboom S1W (accelerate)
  • 3 Grookey S1W (evolution)
  • 1 Eldegoss V S2 (retrieval)
  • 2 Oranguru S1H (control)
Trainer (32):
  • 2 Boss's Orders (control)
  • 3 Prof. Research (draw)
  • 3 Cynthia (draw)
  • 3 Marnie (draw)
  • 3 Pokémon Communication (search)
  • 4 Rare Candy (evolution)
  • 3 Normal Rod (retrieve)
  • 4 Net Ball (search)
  • 3 Switch (retreat)
  • 3 Turfield Stadium (search)
  • 1 Life Forest Prism (heal)
ENERGY (12):
  • 12 Grass Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Rilaboom V and bench two Grookey on the first turn. Next turn evolve Grookey into Rilaboom and start to accelerate from the deck to the active Rilaboom V and attack with Wood Hammer. Shaymin Prism Star acts as an alternate attacker.

Last edited:
Would you consider Elm's Lecture to be viable as a one-off for consistent Grookey search? You say in your strategy section you need to bench at least two Grookey, and Elm's may help with that over using two net balls or just hoping for sheer luck with the top-deck

Hi John InCENAroar,

Thanks for the review. Not sold on Professor Elm's Training in this list for various reasons: (1) To ensure a consistent access to it more than two copies would be needed. (2) Due to the new rule which disables the player going first to play any supporter cards Professor Elm's Training seems to be less viable in this deck. (3) Rillaboom V has an attack which enables me to search for two Basic Grass Pokémon in case the deck goes second. For this reason Professor Elm's Training does not seem to be needed that much.

I'm glad you posted this list! It's giving me an idea on how I should build my own Rillaboom V deck :)
Have you considered a 1 of Rillaboom VMAX?

You could also add a 1-1 eldegoss line. Gossifleur's (020/202) first attack is basically Brigette, which can also search for Rillaboom V, and Eldegoss' attack searches up to 3 grass energy and attaches them to you bench Pokemon in any way you like. It may be a bit redundant with the rillaboom line but it's a thought I had

When Turrfield (stadium from Japan's VMAX rising set) comes out you could put that in there too!

I'm glad you posted this list! It's giving me an idea on how I should build my own Rillaboom V deck :)
Have you considered a 1 of Rillaboom VMAX?

You could also add a 1-1 eldegoss line. Gossifleur's (020/202) first attack is basically Brigette, which can also search for Rillaboom V, and Eldegoss' attack searches up to 3 grass energy and attaches them to you bench Pokemon in any way you like. It may be a bit redundant with the rillaboom line but it's a thought I had

When Turrfield (stadium from Japan's VMAX rising set) comes out you could put that in there too!

He can't add the VMAXes because it comes out next set?

Would you consider Elm's Lecture to be viable as a one-off for consistent Grookey search? You say in your strategy section you need to bench at least two Grookey, and Elm's may help with that over using two net balls or just hoping for sheer luck with the top-deck
Elms is bad imo

FOREST DRUMMER

240px-812Rillaboom.png

Pokémon (14):
  • 1 Shaymin Prism Star (beatdown)
  • 3 Rilaboom V S1a (beatdown)
  • 3 Rilaboom S1W (accelerate)
  • 1 Thwackey S1W (evolution)
  • 3 Grookey S1W (evolution)
  • 3 Jirachi SM8a (search)
Trainer (34):
  • 3 Bill's Analysis (search)
  • 4 Cynthia (draw)
  • 4 Marnie (draw)
  • 4 Evolution Incense (search)
  • 4 Rare Candy (evolution)
  • 2 Normal Rod (retrieve)
  • 3 Escape Rope (retreat)
  • 4 Net Ball (search)
  • 3 Switch (retreat)
  • 1 Life Forest Prism (heal)
  • 2 Chaotic Swirl (disable)
ENERGY (12):
  • 12 Grass Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with either Jirachi or Rilaboom V and bench two Grookey on the first turn. Next turn evolve Grookey into Rilaboom and start to accelerate from the deck to the active Rilaboom V and attack with Wood Hammer. Shaymin Prism Star acts as an alternate cleaner and has free retreat.

SPOILER:

Rillaboom V
Basic Grass Pokémon
HP: 220
[G] Forest Feast
Search your deck for up to two Basic [G] Pokémon and put them onto your bench. Then shuffle your deck.
[G][G][G][C] Wood Hammer: 220
This Pokémon also does 30 damage to itself.
Retreat Cost: CCC
Weakness: R

Rillaboom
Stage 2 Grass Pokémon - evolves from Thwackey
HP: 170
Ability: Voltage Beat
Once during your turn, you may search your eck for up to two [G] Energy cards and attach them to one of your Pokémon. Then shuffle your deck.
[G][G][G][C] Hammer In: 140
Retreat Cost: CCC

Thwackey
Stage 1 Grass Pokémon - evolves from Grookey
HP: 100
[C] Taunt: Switch 1 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon with their Active Pokemon.
[G][G][C] Double Hit: 60x
Flip 2 coins. This attack does 60 damage for each heads.
Retreat Cost: CC

Grookey
Basic Grass Pokémon
HP: 60
[C] Fury Swipes: 10x
Flip 3 coins. This attack does 10 damage for each heads.
Retreat Cost: C

Marnie
Trainer - Supporter
Both players shuffle their hands without looking and put them at the bottom of their decks. Then, you draw 5 cards and your opponent draws 4 cards.

Evolution Incense
Trainer - Item
Search your deck for an Evolution Pokémon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

Normal Rod
Trainer - Item
Shuffle up to 2 Pokémon and up to 2 Basic Energy cards from your discard pile into your deck.

Why 60hp and not 70hp Grookey?

Back