• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Nidoqueen

rosco_is_a_dodo

Aspiring Trainer
My name is Jay. I recently started playing ptcgo. Last time I played pokemon there where only 151 pokemon. I dont know these new ones.

Rules for my deck design
1-May only use the OG pokemon (1-151)

2-I dont understand GX, so I avoid them. Why do people give up 2 -3 prize cards. So many things can one shot them. This is a SOFT rule. I will use a gx as long as it is OG pokemon. And the card is the correct stage. IE. Evolution pokemon cant be basics.

3- I play expanded. Evolution decks seem to hard in standard right now. Just not enough searches. Ideas to make it standard worthy?
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 4 Pidgey TEU 121
* 4 Pidgeotto TEU 123
* 4 Nidoran♀ TEU 54
* 2 Nidorina TEU 55
* 4 Nidoqueen TEU 56

##Trainer Cards - 25

* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club UPR 133
* 2 Hau CES 132
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Skyla BKT 148
* 1 Energy Recycle System CES 128
* 1 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 2 Brock's Grit TEU 135
* 3 Level Ball AOR 76
* 1 Power Plant UNB 183
* 1 Apricorn Maker CES 161
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady HIF 64

##Energy - 17

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SLG 69
* 4 Counter Energy CIN 100
* 1 Triple Acceleration Energy UNB 190
* 1 Super Boost Energy {*} UPR 136
* 1 Weakness Guard Energy UNM 213
* 2 Warp Energy SLG 70
* 4 Draw Energy CEC 209

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

1) thought about using dastvevolve ever instead of pudgy. Fast evolved pokemon to boost nidoqueens attack, plus would give a secondary attack. However pidgeyotto is a great bench sitter.

2) get more weekness guard energy. I have to find some first.

Any suggestions or ideas? It does decent. One you get them going you cant stop. Does greatvafainstvgx decks. I sometimes run out steam vs non gx decks. Luckily 90% of decks are GX based.

I would add more triple acceleration energy, as it can power up a nidoqueen in one turn out of nowhere.

I would consider swapping Hau for Guzma+Hala, as it's a great way to search out all of your special energy. As @TheTempest said, add more Triple Acceleration, so you have a better chance of hitting one with those Guzma+Hala, and you can stream the crap out of attackers. It's certainly a better option than Weakness Guard or Warp, especially since other options exist to negate those issues in the form of tools (see Weakness Policy/Float Stone respectively).

Since you're in expanded, you can use a ton of different trainers that could help you better. For example, you can use Dimension Valley (D.V.) and the Stadium locking Ninetales (PRC) to keep it in play, which reduces your Nidoqueen's attack cost to a DCE, making the energy you have in the deck much easier to access/utilize. In the case of having a Dimension Valley up, you could easily stick to the 4-4 DCE/Counter energy split, which opens room for more trainers like Guzma/Lysandre (for switching out your opponent's active pokemon), Vs Seeker, (for retrieving supporters from the discard; a staple ever since the reprint in PHF), Or even Evolution Incense, a new card in SwSh Base that straight up searches an Evolution, (which is more consistent than Timer Ball, which only gives you a 75% chance at getting an Evolution). Furthermore, coming in May, we get Twin Energy, which acts like another set of 4 DCE just so long as it's not attached to any pokemon in the standard format with an additional prize rule (unless an errata is released saying it can't be played with DCE), which further simplifies the energy cost of Nidoqueen with a D.V. on the board, since you don't have to qualify the extra energy with a prize deficit. I think Super Boost PS is good, and Draw energy can work, but I see no reason to complicate the energy spread with things like Warp and Weak Guard.

As for the remaining trainers, I would consider having a bit less Poke-search and a bit more draw, since your Queen can search with its ability. If you are adamant about keeping the amount of search trainers, I suggest looking into Professor Elm's Lecture (LOT) for searching up everything but your non-basic Nidoqueen pieces, Brigette for setting up your bench in the first place with basics, Nest Ball for quick and easy Basic Search, Evolution Incense for Evolution search, Pokemon Communication for general search as long as you have a pokemon in hand, and more Ultra Ball if you feel comfortable discarding cards, though it's probably not too necessary given the extra tools I mentioned above. Mysterious Treasure (FBL) can also work as a substitute for Ultra Ball, making you discard one less, however, it would only work for your Nidoqueen pieces. As for more draw cards, I suggest looking at more Cynthia (best shuffle draw in the game), Cynthia+Caitlin (supporter recovery + draw at the expense of 2 cards), Teammates (PRC) (not so much draw, but a nice way to recover from a KO'ed Queen in the early game), any of the typical Professor Cards (discard your current hand and draw seven, really nice in the event of a dead draw or a hand of 0 extra), or even N/Judge (Shuffle Draw + Disruption).

If you do add discarding trainer cards, it's also probably best to add some recovery cards. Brock's Grit is a good start, but also consider Super rod (BKT), Ordinary Rod (SwSh), and Rescue Stretcher for the Pokemon, and probably a playset or Special Charge for Energy (they're all special, so you can't use the rod or Brock's to recover them). On the note of energy, I might also consider adding basic Psychic/Fire just so you don't get completely walled by Aegislash EX or something. If you do add Fire energy, I suggest also including Welder (UNB) to attach and draw and Fire Crystal (UNB) to recover them easily.

You may be asking what you could cut to facilitate all these changes, and to that I have a few recommendations. I think that whole engine with Apricorn maker is neat on paper, but can be a bit clunky in execution. You could probably cut it and a few of the balls, if not replacing those balls with my listed version of what I would recommend in their place (for reference, I'd cut Timer for Incense, Level for Nest). Hau, Fan Club, Center Lady, Skyla, and Recycle System could also probably get replaced for some of the options I've listed; Recycle system especially since it only recovers basic energy, of which you have none currently. Then, of course, you can reduce Warp, Weakness Guard, and Draw energy a bit if not remove them entirely in order to streamline what energy you find, and in their place add in either the Basic fire for a welder build or Dimension Valley to reduce the Attack cost of Queen to a DCE.

The key cards you need to add are, imo, a crap ton of D.V. , I'm talking 4, with either a 2-2 line of the stadium-lock Ninetales or a couple Power Plant/Chaotic Swell for good measure. You need your attack cost reduced for this pokemon, period. You can probably keep two Triple Acceleration just in case, if you have the room, but I don't personally anticipate that for this deck, so it's best to focus on reduction. You also desperately need the Special charge (STS) so make room for that as well. the change to more draw supporters is honestly your call, but one I'd want to make, again, given your Queens search out the rest of your pokemon once it's out on the board. I also think finding room for Vs Seeker is also very important, since it recovers crucial supporters and allows you to play reduced costs of them (giving you more space).

It's a lot to digest, but I hope it helps you out.

Back