Discussion Possible Gardeon tech for Reshizard

Lemon728

Aspiring Trainer
Heyo Everyone! So I have recently thought about building my first deck woohoo! I was thinking about playing Gardeon and read about how many people agree that it is a great deck, but it's biggest flaw is having a tough matchup against Reshizard. I decided to try and think of ways to improve this matchup and may have come up with something! I am sorry if this has already been talked about or someone else came up with this first.

The idea is to use Silvally-GX from Ultra Prism along with Guzma & Hala to get water memory, triple acceleration energy, and some stadium. It's ability would allow you to switch it in from the bench and then use it's GX move to OHKO Reshizard!

Do you think this would be a good idea to help with the matchup? Adding 4 cards is definitely a lot, but at least it can still be used with fairy energy. It's ability works nicely with the deck and can be shut off with power plants to allow yourself to play Green's Exploration. Otherwise there is the new Cosmic Eclipse Silvally-GX too whose attack only requires two colorless energy but even with weakness it hits Reshizard for 240 which is super close, but not enough. I was wondering if anyone could come up with any other way of making this work, or some other way of improving the Reshizard matchup for Gardeon?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year everyone!

Dillonzer

Aspiring Trainer
I think teching a deck with 4 extra cards to counter one specific deck isn't a good idea in general.

If you're local scene is seeing a lot of Reshizard and you want to play Gardeon then sure try it out. But in a competitive setting you have to see what the top decks are and bring the deck you think can win most matchups.

I'd say draw up and list and try it on PTCGO or test it with proxies locally and see how it goes - but teching against 1 specific deck with 4 cards isn't a good idea in my opinion.

Wailord's Pokemon

Pokemon TCG player. 2019 Worlds Competitor.
Heyo Everyone! So I have recently thought about building my first deck woohoo! I was thinking about playing Gardeon and read about how many people agree that it is a great deck, but it's biggest flaw is having a tough matchup against Reshizard. I decided to try and think of ways to improve this matchup and may have come up with something! I am sorry if this has already been talked about or someone else came up with this first.

The idea is to use Silvally-GX from Ultra Prism along with Guzma & Hala to get water memory, triple acceleration energy, and some stadium. It's ability would allow you to switch it in from the bench and then use it's GX move to OHKO Reshizard!

Do you think this would be a good idea to help with the matchup? Adding 4 cards is definitely a lot, but at least it can still be used with fairy energy. It's ability works nicely with the deck and can be shut off with power plants to allow yourself to play Green's Exploration. Otherwise there is the new Cosmic Eclipse Silvally-GX too whose attack only requires two colorless energy but even with weakness it hits Reshizard for 240 which is super close, but not enough. I was wondering if anyone could come up with any other way of making this work, or some other way of improving the Reshizard matchup for Gardeon?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year everyone!
Lugia gxs lost purge can punish reshi but the matchup is sill rough