Help Preparing for the Powercreep

Clam

Almost decent
With the release of pokemon sword and shield base set I noticed a lot of the V cards are just stronger than GX cards and ive been troubled on how I can counter these powerful cards and also how to prepare for future sets as well if they keep this high dmg and hp

Otaku

The wise fool?
Power creep isn't all bad; there's an assumption that the current "power level" of the game is correct, but that isn't always the case. Keeping in mind I think there have always been balance issues in the Pokémon TCG, I actually think HP scores need to be higher. It gives the powers-that-be more wiggle room when designing cards. There are some cards, like the generational "Draw 3 cards." Supporter, where I really have to wonder if power creep ought to have hit it sooner, upping it to "Draw 4 cards."

Now, I do not think attacks need to hit harder, that certain Abilities need to be stronger, etc. so we're not talking across-the-board power creep.

So... yeah. This is how I prepare for power creep. I analyze it, and see that it ain't all bad so it is a little easier having to replace old favorites. ;)

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Play control or stall. Or take the max 330HP, add 120 for Mallow/Lana, divide 450 by 2 to get your target of 225(round up to 230) for your two-shot target. Sell all cards not named Reshizard and cry.

imashbuttons

Aspiring Trainer
I would argue that (currently) GX cards are still stronger since they're more fleshed out for lack of a better explanation. Like, a lot of GX's and TAGs have abilities and other crazy effects to boost their potential viability in the meta and atm Zacian is the one that stands above the crowd for me personally, but we'll have to see how Snorlax, Lapras and Sableye shakes up the meta.

Nyora

A Cat
just wait until SS set #3 or 4 comes out. If you think 340 is a lot right now, itll probably be like 490 by then :p

Otaku

The wise fool?
@imashbuttons It cuts both ways; Pokémon-GX have had the time to be fleshed out, with more support and strategies... but Pokémon V are new so your opponents are less prepared, there aren't a bunch of proven counters, etc.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
With the release of pokemon sword and shield base set I noticed a lot of the V cards are just stronger than GX cards and ive been troubled on how I can counter these powerful cards and also how to prepare for future sets as well if they keep this high dmg and hp
Not really, I'd argue the biggest strength of the new V-cards is that they dodge all GX hate. Other than high HP, their attacks aren't very impressive and they'd fold to baby Blacephalon or stall decks.
Of course I will expect for them to ramp up the power of Vs and also introduce V hate at the same time. Vs are not technically power-creeped, because they are three-prize evolutions, something we haven't seen before. Regular Pokemon definitely got powercreeped hard, but with Mallow & Lana and Hyper Potion they still aren't a threat in the slightest.