'Rebel Clash' is May's English Set, Synced Worldwide Releases All But Confirmed!

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Yeah it would be cool but I really don't think we're getting synced releases lol

68 cards in each Sword/Shield Japanese base set (adjusted to exclude secret rares) = 136
+ at least 50 unique cards from the V starter decks = 186

202 non-secret rare cards confirmed in English base set - 186 = 16 cards left to add from random promos, Zacian/Zamazenta box, etc.

There's no way we're getting any VMAX Rising cards in our English SWSH base set :I

Last edited:

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Yeah it would be cool but I really don't think we're getting synced releases lol

68 cards in each Sword/Shield Japanese base set (adjusted to exclude secret rares) = 136
+50 unique cards from the V starter decks = 186

202 non-secret rare cards confirmed in English base set - 186 = 16 cards left to add from random promos, Zacian/Zamazenta box, etc.

There's no way we're getting any VMAX Rising cards in our English SWSH base set :I
We don't know yet if VMAX Rising will mostly contain reprints from the first Sword & Shield sets. The first mini-set of a generation sometimes only has a few unique cards. Sun & Moon's first mini-set was almost entirely reprints from the first Sun & Moon sets (I think it was the same for XY too). But if VMAX Rising does turn out to be a bunch of unique cards like a normal set, that could also mean that the syncing could take a few quarters to fully happen. But overall I think that based on the evidence, Japan and the rest of the world are trying to bring us to closer releases, even if it doesn't happen exactly as I'm thinking. The theory will be revised as more evidence presents itself, of course! :)

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I've removed the worldwide theory from this post, as it's been pointed out to me that all the cards from our first Sword & Shield set have been accounted for (65 cards from the V decks + 120 cards from SwSh + the FA versions of the Pokemon V = 201 cards). We will have to revisit the theory and potentially revise it once we have more information about Sword & Shield and Rebel Crash.

Bluesilvershiny

Aspiring Trainer
& the only card any collector will care about is Charizard. The rest of this generation are largely uninspired blobs. This is gonna be a sad expansion

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
This is a good Generation for new Pokemon designs but I guess that's just me.

Though where is my hat queen already? I am waiting for my trash fairy icons PCL!!

ShinyJordeon

Aspiring Trainer
The only reason why they would or could sync america's and japan's sets is because of the 25th anni next year.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
This is a good Generation for new Pokemon designs but I guess that's just me.
I honestly love this generation for its designs, it's about on the same level as Gen 6 for me. Small, but really consistently strong throughout.

Though where is my hat queen already? I am waiting for my trash fairy icons PCL!!
Ugh yes, 100% this, I need them as cards already!

Clam

Almost decent
uring the second or third English set I bet were gonna get a snom and frostmoth promo because snom is a really popular pokemon and frostmoth is also popular and pokemon company would love to monopolize on that. Also pokemon loves there "cute" pokemon. goomy had some merch while not having near as many fans as snom does and for timing, pokemon mainly makes there gen 1 cards and the mascots and already existing GX cards as promos to get collectors and since we are getting V cards in the future there are gonna market the heck out of that, than they will realize how much you can profit of snom.

This is kinda a joke btw

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
+ at least 50 unique cards from the V starter decks = 186

This makes me realize how much of a sink English sets are. Hidden Fates was probably the worst case, pairing legitimately exciting cards with tons of Family Box crap.

I really can't see them actually syncing both release cycles - so many products are tailor-made for Japan and their design would not fly here. I was excited for this theory, but it's just too much work for basically zero gain.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
This makes me realize how much of a sink English sets are. Hidden Fates was probably the worst case, pairing legitimately exciting cards with tons of Family Box crap.

I really can't see them actually syncing both release cycles - so many products are tailor-made for Japan and their design would not fly here. I was excited for this theory, but it's just too much work for basically zero gain.

You said it lol

It actually makes me sad that we aren't truly getting synced releases because this would've been a great time to do it, but Japan really can't relax with its releases now that it's been going on like this for this long :/

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Sad that the sets aren't syncing up, seems they could have done it but just don't want to. Also I hope there are more V's in Rebel Clash, right now there are 10 vs 17 from SwSh.

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
What's with the ugly color combinations of the new elite trainer boxes? Not a fan.

That Noctowl promo is good.