Japan's March Set: 'Rebellion Crash,' Plus Toxtricity V, Charizard VMAX, Grimmsnarl VMAX!

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
If sword and shield be like sun and moon, the second set will have the wolves as starter theme deck, and could be those two cards.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Is "Galarian Perrserker" from the card text? Because (as I'm sure WPM knows) the only kind of Perrserker is the Galarian kind...

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
Is "Galarian Perrserker" from the card text? Because (as I'm sure WPM knows) the only kind of Perrserker is the Galarian kind...
All the Galarian Evolutions have "Galarian" as part of their name in the TCG. Possibly a way to future-proof Expanded in case any of the Galar 'mons ever get non-Galar forms.

MystikX

Aspiring Trainer
All the Galarian Evolutions have "Galarian" as part of their name in the TCG. Possibly a way to future-proof Expanded in case any of the Galar 'mons ever get non-Galar forms.

That and it's easier for the inevitable "Aether Paradise Employee" card to just say "Cards with Galarian in their name" instead of "Cards with Galarian in their name and Evolutions of cards with Galarian in their name".

Clam

Almost decent
perrserker seems kinda fun and easy to set up i like the idea i hope it would make a good card​

itsAdoggo

yamperyamperyamper
the new Meowth will be good with the other Purrserker that boosts damage, and it has nice synergy with metal patch from SWSH! Looking forward to building an aggressive Lucario & Melmetal deck!

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Would it have killed them to cut the Feline Abomination Known as Perrserker some slack and have G-Meowth evolve directly into it instead of just searching for it?

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.

The possibility of this boggles my mind but I love it. Now you've got me hoping Perrserker gets a form in Gen 9 x)

Stu4488

Aspiring Trainer
When will this set be up for pre order in japan? I missed the 1st set so will go for these instead

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
I feel at this point, that abilities like Meowth and Duskull, also Hakamo-o, should be the standard rather than the exception. Allow the small mons to evolve into their more powerful forms much more consistently or faster, most of these basic and stage 1 non-gx pokemon are just stepping stones anyway. The best example of these is probably the Butterfree line from Unbroken Bonds, you can get it off in your first turn and it isn't broken at all. Ascension-like attacks geting more common was a step in the right direction, but leaving a non-gx mon as your active is still way too much of a risk. Hell, the way the current acceleration evolution abilities work, they can't evolve or search for their GX/EX/V versions, so go all out at this point, honestly, it's already future-proofed.

lapisrabbit

Aspiring Trainer
It's amazing how dead this site has been lately. Only like 3 or 4 posts within thee past 3 weeks. Kinda miss the somewhat consistent stream of spoilers I'd see here.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Well, it's the end of December. There's traditionally not a lot news during this time of the year for anything, much less Pokemon cards.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Oh boy, here comes Rose with the gust effect. I wonder which added effect it will have tho.

10 extra damage per turn? Straight Guzma effect (doubt it, the switch effect is strong af)? 1 draw? Finally getting gust back in the format makes me excited, because we will need to play a format where Great Catcher is usable only half the time, and probably never against monsters like V Frosmoth variants.

CaptainJuuice

Aspiring Trainer
Getting the new Charizard form so soon is kind of surprising? Reminds my of how soon we got Flashfire during XY

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Getting the new Charizard form so soon is kind of surprising? Reminds my of how soon we got Flashfire during XY
I'm pretty sure sets that don't have Charizard on at least one Pack Art sell like SHIT compares to ones that do. Unbroken Bonds? Hidden Fates? Flash Fire?