• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Metal Blade (Zacian V / Jirachi / Galarian Perrserker / Duraludon)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
METAL BLADE

images

Pokémon (14):
  • 3 Galarian Perrserker S1W (enable)
  • 3 Galarian Meowth SP1 (evolve)
  • 1 Duraludon S1a (beatdown)
  • 4 Zacian V S1W (beatdown)
  • 3 Jirachi SM8a (search)
Trainer (34):
  • 2 Boss's Order (control)
  • 3 Prof. Research (draw)
  • 3 Bird Keeper (draw)
  • 3 Marnie (draw)
  • 4 Metal Saucer (acceleration)
  • 3 Rusted Sword (beatdown)
  • 3 Scoop Up Net (retreat)
  • 3 Air Balloon (retreat)
  • 4 Quick Ball (search)
  • 3 Switch (switch)
  • 3 Viridian Forest (search)
Energy (12):
  • 3 Coating Energy
  • 9 Metal Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Jirachi to search for trainer cards and bench Zacian V in addition to Galarian Meowth. Use Viridian Forest, Quick Ball and Galarian Meowth to discard Basic Metal Energy and accelerate them to Zacian V with Metal Saucer. Use Galarian Meowth to search for Galarian Perrserker to enable Zacian V to knock out most defender in one hit with Rusted Sword and three benched Galarian Perrserker.

SPOILER:

All spoilers are taken from the PokéBeach.

Rusted Sword
Trainer - Item (Pokémon Tool)
The attacks of the Zacian V this card is attached to do an additional 30 damage to your opponent’s active Pokémon.

Coating Energy
Special Energy Card
As long as this card is attached to a Pokémon, it provides Metal Energy. The Metal Pokémon this card is attached to has no weakness.

Last edited:
Why not add ADP for added Prize-taking support? You might not need jirachi there(as well as the escape boards with it) just two dedenne-gx, 2 keldeo gx, and some water energy. What are you cutting? I recommend subbing Cynthia with Marnie and cutting your one reset stamps as well as two of your metal energies, for all the additions...

Last edited:
Why not add ADP for added Prize-taking support? You might not need jirachi there(as well as the escape boards with it) just two dedenne-gx, 2 keldeo gx, and some water energy. What are you cutting? I recommend subbing Cynthia with Marnie and cutting your one reset stamps as well as two of your metal energies, for all the additions...

Hi cardjammer,

Thanks for the review. I believe that with the new "no-supporter-one-the-first-turn" rule Jirachi is more needed than ever. I am not that sold on Arceus & Dialga & Palkia GX in this deck. While Altered Creation GX is a nice attack Zacian V does not seem to need the damage boost with Galarian Perrserker on the bench. Two Galarian Perrserker enable Zacian V to hit numbers while Altered Creation requires Zacian V to wear Fine Band to achieve the same aim without Galarain Perrserker. This would disable me from attaching Metal Frying Pan to Zacian V. I do like to idea to run Marnie instead of Cynthia and will be sure to make that change.

Last edited:
Hi folks,

Updated the decklist above. I included two one-prize attacker and modified the trainer selection a little. At the moment I am also testing Clay as an alternative to Cynthia in this deck to have better access to Custom Catcher.

What about Lucario and Melmetal? It's got defense over ADP's offense which will mean that in a match with another Zacien, you cancel out the opposing ADP boost and still live a Zacien hit with a Frying pan. You could probably swap that pretty easy for the Solgaleo Prism, since I don't think you need the mass-energy-acceleration it uses. If it's a single-prize attacker you still need though, I think you could rely on the promo Baby Dusk Mane Necrozma, UNB Skarmory (complementary doing 90 for [M][C] after Full Metal Wall), or even CES Kartana over Genesect.

Last edited:
Hi John InCENAroar,

Thanks for the review. Will consider a tech Lucario and Melmetal to increase the health of Zacian V and also have an option to discard the energies from the opponent's active Pokémon. I would like to retain Genesect at the moment since he is inteded as a counter to Lillie*s Clefairy Doll stall tactics. On attack from Genesect can take down two Lillie's Clefairy Dolls and still hit another pokémon with some residual damage.

Back