'Hidden Fates Ultra-Premium Collection' Product Contents!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Everything related to Hidden Fates is a mess right now, collectors are rushing to buy what they can to hoard or try to pull cards to flip while the prices are wildly inflated and unstable because of the limited release via only Pin Collections this weekend. Hopefully as more products come out, things will quell a bit. (The prices for Shiny Vault cards have been particularly hilarious to watch this weekend, like, nobody is buying that Shiny Zard for $400, perhaps it's time to start lowering those prices, sellers.)

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
(The prices for Shiny Vault cards have been particularly hilarious to watch this weekend, like, nobody is buying that Shiny Zard for $400, perhaps it's time to start lowering those prices, sellers.)

The Shiny Zard has already sold for over $400 on multiple occasions now

John Wick

Aspiring Trainer
It's r
The Shiny Zard has already sold for over $400 on multiple occasions now

It's ridiculously high at the moment. It pays off to know connections that can give you merch weeks before release. I was the first to open the hidden Fates packs and got decent cards. Then I opened 12 Cases, pulled 5 Shiny Zard, and a bunch of other stuff. The pins, Promos, Codes, and other Shinies besides the Zard gave me a profit of $265. I made my $1400 back, plus profit, and got to keep the Zard for Grading. The Zard were sent to grading on Wednesday, 2 days before release. I also am waiting for the Cosmic Eclipse (November set) to be sent to me (3 cases) and will be delivered to me on October 2 (way before Prerelease and such). Believe me, the first days are crucial.

dom

Aspiring Trainer
Everything related to Hidden Fates is a mess right now, The prices for Shiny Vault cards have been particularly hilarious to watch this weekend, like, nobody is buying that Shiny Zard for $400, perhaps it's time to start lowering those prices, sellers.)

the really annoying thing is that retailers who still have stock have clocked on to this . Before launch the site i tend to use (chaoscards, uk btw) sold the pin badge sets for £11.65 and are now £15.95. pre orders for the trainer box where around £38 and now they're £60. it's like this every where i look.

you say people aren't paying that much for the shiny charizard but they are. a good 15 or so have sold for $399.99 or higher over the last few days. there are 4 or 5 with bids over $400 (one is at $470), and many at around $350 with days to go. also been selling (after price conversion) for around $400 in the uk too.

it's not surprising, charizard anything goes for lots of $s. add in the fact it's a shiny variant then boom.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Shiny Zard has sold for $400 to foolish and/or impatient people before the set was even officially out. Nobody's been buying it for that price on TCGplayer since Friday because multiple are just sitting up there right now waiting for the bubble to burst.

The fact that people on eBay are paying even more than that for the card still is ridiculous to me. This is people generating their own hype. Do we even for sure know the Shiny Vault pull rates? Is it even as quantitatively rare as the rainbow Zard in Burning Shadows?

John Wick

Aspiring Trainer
Shiny Zard has sold for $400 to foolish and/or impatient people before the set was even officially out. Nobody's been buying it for that price on TCGplayer since Friday because multiple are just sitting up there right now waiting for the bubble to burst.

The fact that people on eBay are paying even more than that for the card still is ridiculous to me. This is people generating their own hype. Do we even for sure know the Shiny Vault pull rates? Is it even as quantitatively rare as the rainbow Zard in Burning Shadows?
I opened nearly 300 packs and pulled 5 Zard total. Deriums opened 1000 and got only 3. The ratio is all weird. I've opened 2 cases(12 booster boxes) of Unbroken Bonds and have yet to pull a Hyper Tag Reshizard. That's over 400 packs!! The Shiny Charizard is way easier to pull. I think it's just that the pins sold out everywhere. For me, that's good cause since they're expensive ungraded, imagine a 10 will fetch in over 1k guaranteed before October when more and more Zard are pulled. That's the game though. First to pull or buy and first to grade get the most. I should have mine graded by Friday and boom. Super massive profit over people's lust for Zard.

Poke79

Aspiring Trainer
Yes pull rates are higher. Zard is 1 in 350 packs or nearly 10 booster boxes. Point people arent making here though is that this is a mini set so the print run will be considerably less then a regular set. Its apples and oranges; in terms of how many physical shiny zards vs rr reshizard/ burn shad zard we just dont know but judging by shining legends/ dragon majesty/ generations I think its going to be less overall shiny zards but not by much. I think it also looks alot better which is also contributing. We might get more rr zards in future but a shiny zard may not come around for a very longtime if ever again. Pull rates are not the whole story.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I got mine in the mail yesterday, enjoyed it quite a bit. My Rayquaza was in perfect shape, thankfully. It's not really the BEST of Ultra Premium Collections (Generations and SL take the cake for that I think, just by a little bit), but it's a good step in the right direction for these big yearly mega boxes.

What it does right:
-15 Packs is a much better amount than just ten.
-A good amount of promos, and a good selection of them (compared to the DRM one which had...two rainbows. Yay?)
-The mat is great, they always have been and they continue to be great.
-The Rayquaza itself, when not broken, is beautiful. It's actually why I bought the thing, lol.
-This is more of a comment on Hidden Fates itself, but the pull rates give enough stuff to feel like what you're opening is rewarding enough. (I went 9/15 on mine in terms of Ultra Rares or better, plus two holos and two foil energy). It's not like DRM where all I got in mine was...One Kingdra-GX. Lovely.
-They did the plungers for the promos. Very nice that the cards are coming out mint, that's very important when it's that expensive.

What it does wrong:
-It's not packaged well, which is why the Rayquaza has been breaking. They really need to improve their methods on packing these if they're going to come out with these big honkin' statues. I hope they do, like I said the Rayquaza is fantastic when not broken, but this shouldn't be an issue.
-The price tag doesn't really justify the content as much as it should. This would be good for $80, maybe 90 even.

Overall, I did enjoy it. I'm happy with my purchase and I think it's a nice step in the right direction, but they could easily improve this. Go back to the old giant boxes that they used to do that you could reuse (I used them for bulk), and add the old stretched out ETBs (and please make them fit toploaders again...) and dividers, and you'd perfectly have a $100 product.

Orias

Still waiting for a shiny gastly card.
I've seen reports of broken figure,damaged promos and even missing 1 promo

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Collectors box to hold everything? Nope it's not an actual box like the Shining Legends or Dragon Majesty ones.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
My Ray was broken and it's not hard to see why. It's only on there by a couple of small tabs. It was easy to fix though.

Bluesilvershiny

Aspiring Trainer
Both of mine arrived ok. My order was from gamestop and they were boxed as I'm sure they came from the distributor. I think getting any odd order like 1 or something might increase your damage odds. I am not opening either one though. I'm over opening the set and have already pulled the Shiny Charizard so I'm going to just display the boxes instead.

Bluesilvershiny

Aspiring Trainer
Ashco, I think it was like Lost Thunder or something where they stopped making the ETBS wide enough. Lol I thought I was the only one who'd wondered why that happened. It is frustrating. I've just been storing sleeved and unsleeved cards in those now. I use the box top for top loader cards almost like a filing cabinet they're all out in the open and you can shuffle through all of the cards.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Ashco, I think it was like Lost Thunder or something where they stopped making the ETBS wide enough. Lol I thought I was the only one who'd wondered why that happened. It is frustrating. I've just been storing sleeved and unsleeved cards in those now. I use the box top for top loader cards almost like a filing cabinet they're all out in the open and you can shuffle through all of the cards.
I actually had to transfer some cards to another place today, most of them in toploaders. The cosmic eclipse one I used worked just fine for them. Either they fixed it or my box is a little stretched out in width or something like that. I would hope they fixed it.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
I got the box, meh pulls, awesome figure, it didn’t break but I kinda dropped it so it’s close to doing so.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Well this is weird. There are two shiny Rayquaza-GX in PTCGO. Is it just me? I wonder what the deal is with the other one; it looks identical.