Discussion New Tier List After Cosmic Eclipse

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
It’s not memey, it’s just bad..
Why? currently, it is ranked in the top 15 decks as far as I can find. (plus it can do pretty well against Tag Teams, possibly winning turn 2/3, though I will admit that its matchups are less than stellar against control & non-GX decks)
Other decks that have seen at least a little bit of success are Quagsire and Baby Charizard, so those could probably at least be tier three (more wins than NuzzleChu or Exadrill). I also feel like it isn't that much of a case to be made for Dark Box being that good (maybe teir three?), as its matchups seem to be poor to okay against most decks, and there isn't anything to make it really exist, other than the fact that players want dark box to exist (there isn't a really strong dark type card to tie the deck together).

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
If you mean t15 on limitless that’s because what gets on top 15 in limitless is whatever had at least one somewhat decent placing at the recent regionals/internats. Guzznaga loses to stuff like doll stall, any common single prize deck besides malamar, blace gx, gardeon if you don’t play weakness guards, mewmew, and possibly ABzard. G O O D.

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
If you mean t15 on limitless that’s because what gets on top 15 in limitless is whatever had at least one somewhat decent placing at the recent regionals/internats. Guzznaga loses to stuff like doll stall, any common single prize deck besides malamar, blace gx, gardeon if you don’t play weakness guards, mewmew, and possibly ABzard. G O O D.
Yah, but it could at least be a tier three deck, as it is almost certainly better than stuff like Exadrill. I'm not arguing that it's a good deck, just that it does exist and (if PTCGO ladder is at least a decent estimate of play) has a decent number of players.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Most things are better than excadrill, you shouldn’t even talk about it in the posts. It’s not really good, but it is definitely considerable for tier 3.

Otaku

The wise fool?
Most things are better than excadrill, you shouldn’t even talk about it in the posts. It’s not really good, but it is definitely considerable for tier 3.

As long as a deck is functional and is seeing at least some play - even if misguided - it probably deserves a Tier. The entire point of making such lists is to share knowledge and frame it accurately, right? ;) Leaving such decks off entirely can thus be misleading, even if the omission was for a good reason. Sometimes, a merely functional deck can win against something competitive simply because the competitive player didn't know the functional deck was a thing!

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
Would Guzzlord-Naganadel be on this list or is it just too memey?
I think it should, it was a deck that caught many off guard on LAiC and went through tops. This deck’s getting hyped lately, but it’s price couldn’t stay high for days, that gives me the impression not many people are going to build one of those.

Kenatta_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I totally agree with you,I thought someone would bring a list a little different from the old one, but the changes are minimal. At the moment, I think that adp keldeo still need to find a good deck list

So ironically I ended up rolling my kids with ADP at the Daytona Regionals. One opted for a list without N's resolve and the other for a list with N's resolve. The N's resolve list did far better, but he also just happened to hit much better matchups so I'm still on the fence. It's definitely a great deck, just need some better options. Sword and Shield will help ADP a ton.

Kenatta_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Would Guzzlord-Naganadel be on this list or is it just too memey?

I would say it is tier 2 probably. It caught a lot of people off guard at LAIC. I was at Daytona this past weekend and there were definitely Gardeon decks floating around, although probably more malamar than anything. Even the DDG guys admitted you straight up lose the Gardeon matchup. From what I could see at Daytona none of DDG was playing Guzzlord. I will add it to the list though as it should be on there.

Kenatta_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I made some changes to update the main list based on feedback from you guys and LAIC/Daytona.

Special thanks to you guys also for all your input. I ended up rolling both my kids with ADP this weekend after forum feedback and testing. My daughter (seniors) placed in the top half running into a lot of bad matchups with the non-n's resolve list. My son (juniors) placed 2nd with the N's resolve ADP list opting for a more aggressive approach. Thanks for all your input!