News Complete List of All Problems in 'Sword & Shield' with Proof

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
Warning: This thread contains Spoilers for those who haven't played Sword & Shield yet.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/co...th-data-and-or-proof-for-each-problem.152643/

Exellus said:
Seeing as there's a lot of people that don't quite know the extent of the issues and that there's no real compilation of the problems, I feel like everyone needs a list with info and sources of each and every current problem with the games, it's a long list but I've tried to put it all together, it's not just dexit people.

I will post everything that is 100% confirmed and known so far, there's potentially other problems, but this is made as a somewhat "quick" digest with info that has been 100% proven, for anyone out of the loop that wants to know exactly what's happening with these games.

1. The number of usable Pokemon has been cut, only less than half are now usable, known as Dexit, it means that you won't be able to use these pokemon in the new games, you won't be able to transfer them in, and you won't be able to do anything with them sans sticking them in home for the foreseeable future (Home will probably be a paid only subscription based service just like its predecessor), for all intents and purposes, these Pokemon are basically removed from the main games franchise and they will take probably years to come back, if ever.

An image with the cut/not cut pokemon can be found here, pokemon in green are confirmed to be in, pokemon in purple have galar forms, pokemon in yellow are in the data, but there's nothing for them, they could be leftover data like the items and other things, could be giveaway/event only, could only come from other games, etc, there's no way to know what's the plans for them at the moment, if any, pokemon in red are cut.

The excuse GF used for this culling was that it let's them work on delivering better animations and a more carefully crafted game, since they don't have to put more time and effort into redoing the models.

This is complete BS as the game polish is worse than ever, and the models seem to just be somewhat edited XY models.

2. Just like the Pokemon cut, about 144 moves were removed, 99 moves excluding the let's go and other outlier moves, this includes extremely important and used mainstay moves like Hidden Power, Return / Frustration and Pursuit, on top of extremely old moves that have been there since gen 1, some of these moves were important for the viability of several Pokemon, which may cause them to be way less effective if not way worse when it comes to battles, on top of this, it also removed some SIGNATURE MOVES of certain Pokemon.

The full list for deleted mainstay pokemon moves can be found here

Attempts at transferring Pokemon with these moves will apparently get this message: "This move can’t be used. It’s recommended that this move is forgotten. Once forgotten, this move can’t be remembered."

3. Short game, the first streamer beat the champion at around the 14 hour mark, while he did this by skipping a fair amount of trainer battles, other streamers are clocking in about 16-20 hours, seems like the average will be about 18 hours to beat the game.

Here's one of the many streamers, he's right before champion and clocking in at 14:34.

4. The graphics are extremely mediocre, it constantly looks worse and less polished than LGPE, the textures are often inexcusable.
Examples of the bad graphics seen here
A comparison with LGPE can be seen here and here
Here's a game recently released for switch, another picture found here, the difference is unreal.

5. There's constant graphical issues, not just low quality graphics, pop in is present at all points of the game due to bad coding, trainer models will also disappear mid battle when an attack with a high number of particles is used, this also happened in SM, however, SM moved the camera away to avoid people seeing it, they didn't even try this time. This means it's either a carry over from SM and they just copy pasted most of the code, or they somehow have to remove the trainers to avoid a switch from somehow getting fps drops.
The pop-ins can be evidenced here and here
Trainers disappearing mid battle can be evidenced here

6. Animations, one of the main reasons why GF cut pokemon, at least in the interviews, are as shoddy as ever.

There's extremely lazy animation all over the game, from normal attacks to key moments in the game, such as the encounter with the box legendaries. Most of the animations are also completely copy pasted from older games, one example seen here with Hau(the entire character of hop is basically a copy paste of hau.)

Most of the animations for the camp are also copy pasted from xy amie, evidenced here
Pokemon battle animations are just as bad as before, if not worse, pictured here is a pokemon headbutting with its feet. Another example found here, THE MAIN BOX ART POKEMON CINEMATIC, THIS IS THE GAME CLIMAX, another example on the other version found here

In fact, it could be considered way worse if compared to the last gen, example of upscaled USUM cutscenes. (Notice the graphical change isn't that big, the only difference here is increasing the resolution)

7. Cutscenes and restrictions, like previous Pokemon games the cutscene and story forcing and restrictions are insane this time around, seems to be even more intrusive and in your face than before at times, while keeping the same level of cutscene intrusion than past gen. The video for this point was taken down, but if you wish to see this you should be able to find it by searching the gameplay clips/streams online

8. The difficulty, just like the cut scene problem, this carries over from earlier games and it's even worse. There were constant heals, to the point where in the first routes you're not able to go beyond 3 trainer fights without getting a full heal. The first streamer avoided fights and didn't train at all, it still was one shotting gym leader dynamaxed ace pokemon. This can be seen here.

9. Post-Game is almost non-existant, as usual since masuda-Ohmori started directing, there's no frontier, there's also no frontier like facility. The post game consists of battle tower and a very short sequence of missions where you beat some dynamax pokemon for your rival to catch the other legendary. Not only this, but the battle tower is also an inferior version of past towers, it doesn't have super single nor super double battles, it has no triple battles and there's no "tower bosses", it's just random trainer npcs after another.

10. Problems with game design and behavior, beyond difficulty and progression, there's other problems in the overall game design. Examples of this is not being able to catch Pokemon in the wild areas until you got a badge allowing you to do so, which usually covers your current level.

Meaning if you find a level 31 shiny or a level 31 pokemon you really want, you won't be able to catch it until you go and beat the next gym. For shiny hunters, this one is gonna be really important, you cannot see if your Pokemon is gonna be shiny or not in the overworld, this means that on top of the badge limit, you also got this potential problem.

Evidenced here.

11. Removed past features with virtually no new additions, seems like this is a mainstay in Pokemon, removing older features so they become one of a time gimmicks, but unlike earlier titles this new game doesn't adds anything new except dynamaxing, which is limited to gyms only. This particular gen removes Mega Evolutions and Z moves, mega evolutions in particular were a huge deal and seeing them suddenly removed means that there's little reason to get involved with any new addition, no matter how mainstay or how much GF forces it when it will very soon be gone.

A list of these removed features can be found here.

12. No scaling whatsoever, models are the same sizes of XY (giving more plausibility to them not really redoing the models).Any argument against this is thrown out of the window when dynamaxing exists, since the models seem to be edited XY models then the problem remains.

Here's the non scaled model in sword and shield.
Here's an scaled model, released in a game that came out 15 years ago for a the Nintendo Gamecube, something way less powerful than the switch.

13. No GTS, retera thread on the discovery found here, the only strings that refer to the GTS are leftovers from Let's Go code, as seen here and here. This is most likely due to Home (this means that you will have to pay for switch online + home for services older games already included)

Thanks to /u/c_will for pointing this one out and gathering the info.

14. A 20 dollar price increase for less content than earlier 3DS games, with subpar graphics and removal of features, an overall shoddy release for a higher price point.

15. Performance, game is locked to 30 fps, and while that's not a big issue by itself, this is coupled with slowdown at certain moments such as dynamaxing, it can drop fps to the floor and turn the game into a slideshow for a while.
Evidenced here.

Still gathering more info on this one, as it's a relatively new occurrence that hasn't happened to all users, take this one with a grain of salt

16. The overall lack of quality, polish and effort put into the game, this is all the minor/somewhat minor but still very telling problems with the game.
This is apparent in many ways all throughout the game, things like the wrong backgrounds or just voids for pokemon battles. Two example of the wrong backgrounds seen here and here

One example of the void background seen here (these happen on indoor fights and some non indoor but scripted battles)Examples of backgrounds on indoor and everywhere else in both LGPE and colosseum, seen here and here.

Then there's complete lack of music in the game story most important moments, seen here.
Starters are also shiny locked. The entire world freezes when using certain objects, as seen here. To this, you add up the emptiness of the wild area and the badly implemented weather changes that don't make much sense, both seen here. No animation for flying, no elite 4, no victory road, etc, this is added to all the other problems that show the lack of effort put into them.

This franchise deserves better.

You deserve better.

These games are not only a huge step down from earlier titles, but it goes beyond what used to be already barely tolerable standards to way below standards, keep in mind this is the biggest, most profitable franchise on earth.

This is the first time a pokemon main game is released on console, people were excited for game freak to finally do whatever they wanted and it's been done with the most minimal of efforts, all the money you've spent on Pokemon didn't went on making this a better game, it went straight into the pockets of the people in charge, those that made sure this was made with the most minimum effort and those that cut corners.

Companies that made games decades ago on hardware less powerful than the switch shouldn't be doing a better job than game freak, and companies doing work in the switch have completely obliterated game freak when it comes to developing a video game.

Keep in mind that your purchase of these games causes this:
  • Continue the yearly release cycle that makes the games rushed and forces the devs to insane crunch time, creating the low morale problem
  • Tells them that you're ok with these problems, and they will keep lowering the bar and cutting corners on development
  • Your money will continue going into the pockets of those responsible for these problems
I implore you to be a smart consumer, I've played Pokemon since Red, ever since I was a child, I can no longer support this franchise, I probably won't buy a Pokemon product ever again if this is gonna be how they're gonna treat the games and its fans.

Thank you u/Restinpeacesquirtle for helping me with extra footage and proof.

Last edited:

Secret Agent Seal

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for providing this summary. It's a nice compilation of the main issues I have with SwSh.

Please don't be one of those people who expects the game to be bad, but buys it anyway because you are a "fan" and it's "Pokemon". Your hard-earned money can be better spent on so many other titles, made by developers who actually care about their brand.

As someone who has followed Pokemon since RBY and has dedicated an unhealthy amount of time to the games and community, I hope that the newest titles crash and burn. Really, that's the only way I see the franchise re-orienting itself. If garbage like SwSh continues to sell, then garbage is what we'll keep getting.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
If anyone still insists on playing Sword & Shield I would strongly suggest buying a used copy so that Game Freak doesn't receive a dime of your purchase.

Problem is that the amount of used copies are going to be minimal compared to the amount of unused copies in circulation so good luck with that.

Secret Agent Seal

Aspiring Trainer
Now that the game has been out for about a week, this list could be updated slightly. Here are a few other things I noticed during my brief playthrough, as well as some further findings which have dropped since the game's release:

17. The audio and sound design is poor. In fact, configuring the sound settings is not available in the options at all, and must be accessed by talking to a random NPC (???). The music would occasionally cut out when exploring the wild area. The lack of voice acting leads to some scenes which are quite frankly embarassing to watch, such as the very first scene with Rose and the singing scenes with Piers. And this is a subjective opinion, but I've never heard such a weak soundtrack in a mainline Pokemon game. The champion theme in particular is surprisingly dull. I have to admit though that there were neat touches here and there (I liked that the crowd cheered in time with the music when the gym leader pulled out their ace).

18. The plot. There doesn't seem to be any real plot to speak of until you collect the 8th badge. Character motivations are all over the place. For example, Rose wants to awaken Eternatus to... solve an energy crisis that won't be an issue for the next 1,000 years? Despite the overworld being portrayed as this utopia with no energy concerns to speak of...? And... he can't wait a single extra day so you and Leon can finish your championship match? What? I don't even know where to begin explaining everything wrong with this. Characters in general don't seem to amount to much, and are pretty unlikeable all around. Piers and Marnie are probably the best characters.

19. Money doesn't mean anything in this game. I guess this ties into the easy difficulty and poor game design comments, but really, oh my god. You get so much free stuff handed to you, there are so many free heals, and your mum even gives you £30,000 right after you get your first Pokemon. That's not counting all the exploits / glitches you can do in the wild area to farm an endless supply of Watts, with which you can buy things to then sell for cash. You can get ~£1,000,000 in ten minutes with such methods.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Sword and shield are perfectly fine pokemon games better than we have had in years something I know very well because I've played forever and play many other games outside of pokemon. yall dont know shit it seems cuz you expect a perfect experience just because it's on a console and are entitled little shits. Of course the game has problems but so does final fantasy 7, witcher 3 and countless other rpgs that are considered amazing in their own rights. So what theres only 435 pokemon in the code of the game so what it's not the skyrim or pokemon. Game freak did a good job and a game is ment to be reviewed on what it has that was done right not what it doesnt have at all.

Also seriously yall wanna complain about story in a pokemon game look at litterly every other game in the series the story is never particularly great with the first 2 gens basically having zero and swsh at least has a pretty good back story to it so seriously stop being delusional

DATfairy

Aspiring Trainer
Sword and shield are perfectly fine pokemon games better than we have had in years something I know very well because I've played forever and play many other games outside of pokemon. yall dont know shit it seems cuz you expect a perfect experience just because it's on a console and are entitled little shits. Of course the game has problems but so does final fantasy 7, witcher 3 and countless other rpgs that are considered amazing in their own rights. So what theres only 435 pokemon in the code of the game so what it's not the skyrim or pokemon. Game freak did a good job and a game is ment to be reviewed on what it has that was done right not what it doesnt have at all.

Also seriously yall wanna complain about story in a pokemon game look at litterly every other game in the series the story is never particularly great with the first 2 gens basically having zero and swsh at least has a pretty good back story to it so seriously stop being delusional

I hate to say it, but this post actually shows that you are pretty much everything that is wrong with the current pokémon fandom. Unable to look at the new games objectively and aggressively spouting out insults and personal attacks against those that do.

If you actually believe these are the best pokémon games in years I do not know what to say.
These games have so many issues, have been stripped of so many things the older games had, does not even have half of all the pokémon despite "catching them all" being the catchphrase of this franchise ( considering you could catch all of them in the previous games YES it is an issue), not to mention a legit endgame. Speaking about endgame, the game doesn't have any.
Considering pokémon is the biggest franchise in the world, it is not unreasonable to espect gamefreak to actually invest some of that money in a better game.
So yes, expecting something groundbreaking for a new console that gave us gems like Breath of the Wild is not even close to being 'entitled'.
As it is, 75% of pokémon Sword&Shield could have been done on a 3DS cartridge.
And those other games you mentioned did not actively cut content. Hell, The Witcher 3 added DLC of a size it could be considered a game of its own.

As for the story: What story? I honestly do not understand what you find so great about it. We just randomly wander from gym to gym, and the "bad" guy does not really show himself until the champion fight, you basically no idea whats going on, let alone what Eternatus has to do with anything. We don't even have a real evil team this time around, or the infiltration of the enemy base. Let's compare the general themes/plot points of all gens:

GEN 1: Story was new, had to invent the wheel, shows its age but a pokémon classic since it was the first.
GEN 2: Relatively short story, but basically concluded the Rocket Arc from the first Gen.
GEN 3: The first story to revolve around the box legendaries, dual evil teams, and managed to make a jab at climate change in the process.
GEN 4: Don't mess with time and space and how a single person can destroy everything out of selfishness ( Cyrus wanted to recreate the universe with him as a God). Not the best story, but it had some okay themes.
GEN 5: Possibly the best story pokémon ever had with N and his truths and ideals, combined with Ghetsys as a true evil manipulator.
GEN 6: Weaker than 5, but could make a case for an anti-war theme, the danger of dehumanizing based on physical traits ( team flare's obsession with beauty), and atonement+forgiveness may always be an option ( AZ+Floette).
GEN 7: Story takes another dive since its mostly island trials, but I would wager it is mostly about family ties and how they can both create and destroy ( Lusamine and her relationship with her two children, the backstory of Guzma and Hala/Kukui, etc).
GEN 8: uhhhm....okay...I do gyms...and suddenly this dude in a suit wants to fight me and I have to face off against a pokémon I never heard off 5 seconds ago and was never mentioned...
Even in a franchise that will never win any awards for storytelling, the story in Gen 8 is the weakest by far, and that is saying something after Su&Mo.

Just because you do not have any issues with these games, or the issues that have been highlighted do not affect you does not mean the issues are invalid.
And if you enjoy these games all the more power to you.
That does not take away from the fact that scores like IGN's 9.3/10 are nowhere near realistic, not when looking at everything they took away, all the lies they told, every corner they cut..
The games are not shit.
But they are two of the weaker installments in the series, 7-7.3/10 at best.

And please, stop insulting people because they hold views you do not agree with.
That will not bring you very far in life.

Last edited:

Wechselbalg

brb
The single player part of the game does suck, the story is probably the dumbest yet and the dialogues are so uninteresting that after a while I kept mashing 'A' just to get to the end of the story and finally start breeding. Then again I also have to consider that obviously a lot of kids are going to play this game and they will probably find the story "cool" and "awesome", but as an adult, I really didn't find anything enjoyable about the characters or the "plot".

From a technical standpoint, the game is fine, it's not amazing but apart from a couple of really awkward animations (that don't have that much significance, to be honest) and some questionable textures the game looks and sounds ok. I personally like the soundtrack.

Being able to farm money very easily is actually a good thing if you want to prep for competitive, since you can buy vitamins (which are quite expensive) and now you can use them to max out EVs.

The wild area was a good addition, but it really should have been bigger.

As for the removal of moves - most of what was removed was completely useless. The only thing that should have been kept is Pursuit. Hidden Power not being in the game is actually not that big of a deal, since a lot of pokemon have received additional moves - a lot of special attackers get weather ball, for example, which helps with coverage on weather teams. Similarly, almost every special fairy attacker gets access to mystical fire, which actually has a higher base atk stat than HP fire.

The dex cut actually makes competitive better imo, or at least partially. If not only gigantamax, but also dynamax was banned in ranked, it would make for a much better meta. No more Tapus, Magearna, AshGren, Lando-T, Amoonguss/Smeargle Spore spam etc. However, dynamax just turns some pokemon into HP sponges or gives them insane coverage for 3 turns (or both in some cases). Like, I get it, Pokemon needs to have a gimmick now in every new gen to try to keep up the "wow factor" and appeal to people who are easily impressed by huge explosions and special effects and whatnot. This doesn't mean however, that it should rule every part of the game.

Overall I'd say the game is about 6/10, it did bring some good additions, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

Last edited:

Cody Weibel

Aspiring Trainer
I'm getting a glitch where people at the same point in the game cant join my gigantamax raids even though they're next to me in game and irl. All the other raids work fine.

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
I hate to say it, but this post actually shows that you are pretty much everything that is wrong with the current pokémon fandom. Unable to look at the new games objectively and aggressively spouting out insults and personal attacks against those that do.

If you actually believe these are the best pokémon games in years I do not know what to say.
These games have so many issues, have been stripped of so many things the older games had, does not even have half of all the pokémon despite "catching them all" being the catchphrase of this franchise ( considering you could catch all of them in the previous games YES it is an issue), not to mention a legit endgame. Speaking about endgame, the game doesn't have any.
Considering pokémon is the biggest franchise in the world, it is not unreasonable to espect gamefreak to actually invest some of that money in a better game.
So yes, expecting something groundbreaking for a new console that gave us gems like Breath of the Wild is not even close to being 'entitled'.
As it is, 75% of pokémon Sword&Shield could have been done on a 3DS cartridge.
And those other games you mentioned did not actively cut content. Hell, The Witcher 3 added DLC of a size it could be considered a game of its own.

As for the story: What story? I honestly do not understand what you find so great about it. We just randomly wander from gym to gym, and the "bad" guy does not really show himself until the champion fight, you basically no idea whats going on, let alone what Eternatus has to do with anything. We don't even have a real evil team this time around, or the infiltration of the enemy base. Let's compare the general themes/plot points of all gens:

GEN 1: Story was new, had to invent the wheel, shows its age but a pokémon classic since it was the first.
GEN 2: Relatively short story, but basically concluded the Rocket Arc from the first Gen.
GEN 3: The first story to revolve around the box legendaries, dual evil teams, and managed to make a jab at climate change in the process.
GEN 4: Don't mess with time and space and how a single person can destroy everything out of selfishness ( Cyrus wanted to recreate the universe with him as a God). Not the best story, but it had some okay themes.
GEN 5: Possibly the best story pokémon ever had with N and his truths and ideals, combined with Ghetsys as a true evil manipulator.
GEN 6: Weaker than 5, but could make a case for an anti-war theme, the danger of dehumanizing based on physical traits ( team flare's obsession with beauty), and atonement+forgiveness may always be an option ( AZ+Floette).
GEN 7: Story takes another dive since its mostly island trials, but I would wager it is mostly about family ties and how they can both create and destroy ( Lusamine and her relationship with her two children, the backstory of Guzma and Hala/Kukui, etc).
GEN 8: uhhhm....okay...I do gyms...and suddenly this dude in a suit wants to fight me and I have to face off against a pokémon I never heard off 5 seconds ago and was never mentioned...
Even in a franchise that will never win any awards for storytelling, the story in Gen 8 is the weakest by far, and that is saying something after Su&Mo.

Just because you do not have any issues with these games, or the issues that have been highlighted do not affect you does not mean the issues are invalid.
And if you enjoy these games all the more power to you.
That does not take away from the fact that scores like IGN's 9.3/10 are nowhere near realistic, not when looking at everything they took away, all the lies they told, every corner they cut..
The games are not shit.
But they are two of the weaker installments in the series, 7-7.3/10 at best.

And please, stop insulting people because they hold views you do not agree with.
That will not bring you very far in life.

Lol btw you could never “catch ‘em all”. You had to TRADE, not CATCH, version exclusives. You had to BREED, not CATCH, certain Pokémon. You had to EVOLVE, not CATCH certain Pokémon. You had to obtain certain Pokémon from trainers in game, or get them from mystery gifts, etc. just throwing it out there. If you mean “have ‘em all”, sure. Also I may be wrong but gen 2 and/or gen 3 and/or gen 4 and gen 5 didn’t have all the Pokémon and no way to transfer.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Lol btw you could never “catch ‘em all”. You had to TRADE, not CATCH, version exclusives. You had to BREED, not CATCH, certain Pokémon. You had to EVOLVE, not CATCH certain Pokémon. You had to obtain certain Pokémon from trainers in game, or get them from mystery gifts, etc. just throwing it out there. If you mean “have ‘em all”, sure.
You're taking catch 'em all too literally here, it's just a catchphrase invented for the international release of Pokemon that showed off the incentive of completing the dex. Everyone knows getting every Pokemon includes having to do these things, the main issue is that it's not possible to obtain every Pokemon at ALL now.

Also I may be wrong but gen 2 and/or gen 3 and/or gen 4 and gen 5 didn’t have all the Pokémon and no way to transfer.
Not exactly sure what you mean here, but the only non-transferable Pokemon until now with the Dexit issue were between gen 2 and gen 3, if that's what you mean.

Drohn

Wild War Dance
I bought the game last week and finished the main story quite fast. I thought the game introduced some fun new content (Wild Area, Max Raid Battles, Nature Mints, Pokémon Camp, and more) and improved graphics from the previous games (still not the best, but an improvement nonetheless).

Having played since generation 1, I generally think it's nice to see each new generation comes with new things to try, discover and explore. I don't even mind Dexit, I honestly think it was bound to happen. They can always rotate the Pokémon in seperate generations. Pokémon that didn't make it to Galar can reappear in future games, and the Pokémon that are now in Galar may not be in future games. I am fine with that. I prefer playing through each game only with Pokémon introduced in that generation anyway.

Now, this thread is about what is wrong with the games, so here are the things I really didn't like:

1. You cannot turn off Exp. Share... When I play through the game I want to have my party on me and get some gameplay-time with each Pokémon I use. Exp Share really limited how much I got to play with each Pokémon and made the game go way too fast and easy. Of course you can box Pokémon and train them individually, but that is not the same.

2. There were no long and/or challenging routes, caves or other areas (with puzzles! Not that previous generations had difficult puzzles, but it would have been nice) to go through. I remember in past games there were times I really had to work to level some Pokémon up and rotate between my party to get to a new area, since the trainers (and high level Pokémon that you couldn't always run from) made sure your party took some damage or got status conditions on your way there. I really missed the challenge here. I still hate that poison doesn't cause out-of-battle damage anymore too.

Those 2 points made the game way too fast and easy for me. Overall I thought it was an average Pokémon game, since it did introduce some things I really like. Especially a big fan of the wild area.

Last edited:

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I've been playing it for a couple days now, I think I'm roughly two-thirds in (I'm around 9 hours in, but I've done a lot of side exploring and that sort of stuff) and so far I'm enjoying it, but one thing has happened which could be a simple mistake, but it might be worth mentioning: I caught an illegal Sizzlipede.
I've seen a couple of people elsewhere mention it happen to them - during Max Raid Battles, Dynamax Sizzlipede can come with X-Scissor (I was really confused when I saw it as it's a stronger attack and the Sizzlipede was lv.17); normally it can't learn that move by any means (although its evolution, Centiskorch, can learn it by TR).
It didn't negatively affect my opinion of the game or anything (if anything I was happy that it came with a strong STAB move from the get go lmao), and for in game purposes it's probably not gonna cause any trouble, but having a Pokemon completely available with an illegal move is still what I'd consider a problem (and it would be easy to rectify; just make Sizzlipede compatible with the TR for it).

Last edited:

avensis

Aspiring Trainer
I have been in possession of the game since Wednesday, the game is awfully short. In one day I had folded the main adventure. The difficulty is horribly low (even for a Pokémon game) and the region is terribly small.
Technically it is not up to par. see the bay trees, NPCs and wild Pokémon appear 3 meters from our character completely ruins the little immersion present. Ditto for the absence of a controllable camera outside the wilderness, it's just unthinkable for an RPG on Switch. I'm also not going to talk about some purely despicable textures and some really distressing bugs.

Last edited by a moderator: