First Episode of 'Pocket Monsters' Anime Officially Uploaded, Ash's Pikachu as Pichu!

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I feel like Pikachu's story didn't have any purpose? We don't know why he grew up to be shy and distrusting, originally Oak even makes a point of noticing that his behavior is unusual.

Meanwhile Go, while I don't expect him to relate to Pokemon Go in any way other than name-pandering, just the fact that he'll remind me of how that game's potential was squandered makes me dislike him.

Victorsaurus

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like Pikachu's story didn't have any purpose? We don't know why he grew up to be shy and distrusting, originally Oak even makes a point of noticing that his behavior is unusual.

Meanwhile Go, while I don't expect him to relate to Pokemon Go in any way other than name-pandering, just the fact that he'll remind me of how that game's potential was squandered makes me dislike him.

He has the special phone thing (though it might be common in this series) and we see him in an area waiting for a Pokemon to appear (like a raid) and then lots of people are attacking that Pokemon so that's kind of like Pokemon Go to me.

ninetales1234

Biscuit Taste-Tester
Ash’s Pikachu as a Pichu? Gold and Silver (the first game featuring Pichu) were released November 21, 1999. So, they've had nearly 20 years to talk about Ash's Pikachu being a different Pokémon, and they haven't covered it until now?

Heviin

Aspiring Trainer
This just reinforces the idea that Ash is in a coma. He's making stuff up as he goes. lol

PurgeEmoji123

Aspiring Trainer
Would'nt this be the same exact camp Serena met Ash, Which Ash clearly forgot about meeting her in THIS camp in the XY Series. (or is my brain taking over random thoughts?)

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Would'nt this be the same exact camp Serena met Ash, Which Ash clearly forgot about meeting her in THIS camp in the XY Series. (or is my brain taking over random thoughts?)
I believe you are correct although not that particular session I guess.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
I believe you are correct although not that particular session I guess.
Right, since Ash was actually there during the camp with Serena, but here he missed it. So he probably missed this one and so went to a different session held at a later date.