• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Blastoise

Moultlava

Aspiring Trainer
Been refining this deck over the past month or two looking for ideas and some help, to improve it if there is any improvements.

1 Magikarp & Wailord-GX (SMP 166)
1 Volcanion Prism Star (FLI 31)
1 Blastoise-GX (UNB 35)
2 Jirachi (SMP 161)
3 Blastoise (TEU 25)
3 Lapras (TEU 31)
4 Squirtle (TEU 22)

19 Water Energy (TEU 199)

2 Escape Board (UPR 122)
4 Rare Candy (CLS 142)
2 Pokégear 3.0 (UNB 182)
2 Lillie (UPR 125)
4 Pokémon Communication (TEU 152)
2 Energy Recycle System (CLS 128)
2 Bill's Analysis (TEU 133)
2 Pokémon Fan Club (UPR 133)
2 Cynthia (UPR 119)
2 Crasher Wake (FLI 104)
2 Switch (CLS 147)

I'm running a blastoise deck aswell. I'd get rid of lapras for some wartortle because if you somehow get pokemon sent back to your hand or deck youre screwed. Magikarp and wailord are decent stall but unnecessary in my opinion. If you want a tag team in there go with blastoise and piplup for the heals and attaches. Run 4 pokegears to help you thin your deck of supporters because ideally you only want energies from powerful squall and you can use switch rafts instead of switches for the heal. And since the idea of the deck is to reuse energies I think you can get rid of a few. Viridian forest and chaotic swell are good stadiums to include for energy search and to just get rid of an opposing stadium. Articuno GX is also nice for a stall with its gx attack

-3 lapras
-2switch
-1 energy recycle system
-1 magikarp&wailord
-4 energies
+2 wartortle
+2switch raft
+2 pokegears
+1 blastoise&piplup
+1chaotic swell
+1 viridian forest
+2Articuno gx

Last edited:
I was using raft but it does more jirachi out in a pinch

I have lapras as a heavy hitting one prize attacker.

I'm worried about dropping the energy count while losing recycle. using crasher wake and articuno gx.

I thought about using powerplant for a while I'll have to add swell

So should I play 4 pikegear?

Back