Help What is the best choice to play after new meta

adri172

Aspiring Trainer
Hello, my name is Adrian (I m spanish, from Madrid) and I came from VGC but I have been playing TCG sometimes since 2017 so I m not a noob :p at least not so much haha.

I have been working in two list for the next weekend after rotation so I would be able to play both of my lists. One of them is Garde-Sylveon because I think more than 50% of the decks of the post-rotation meta are so weak to Fairy charm + chaos. And the only two bad match ups are Keldeo and Charizard but you can win them. This is the list I have been working on:

Garde-Sylveon

4 x Gardevoir & Sylveon
1 x Xerneas GX
1 x Lopunny & Jigglypuff

3 x Chaotic Swell
1 x Power Plant
3 x Cynthia & Caitlin
3 x Master trainer
4 x Green
1 x Samina
1 x Mallow & Lana
1 x Bill

2 x Cherish Ball
3 x Tag Call
4 x Custom Catcher
1 x Great Catcher
2 x Spinner
2 x Super scoop up
4 x Pokegear
2 x Stealthy Hood
2 x Switch
1 x Reset Stamp
2 x Fairy Charm Thunder
2 x Fairy Charm Psy
1 x Fairy Charm Dragon

9 x Fairy energy

The other one is Mew box, but with the inclusion of mimikyu the deck is getting weaker. But still I think is one of the most solid options for the new meta. The list I ve been working on is this one:

3 x Mewtwo & Mew
2 x Dedenne GX
1 x Espeon & Deoxys
1 x Solgaleo GX
1 x Magcargo GX
1 x Jirachi GX
1 x Charizard & Braixen
1 x Marshadow
1 x Muk & Alolan Muk GX
1 x Latios GX
1 x Lopunny & Jigglypuff

2 x Chaotic Swell
1 x Giant Hearth
1 x Viridian Forest

4 x Cherish Ball
1 x Tag Call
4 x Acro Bike
2 x Stealthy Hood
2 x Switch
2 x Reset Stamp
3 x Pokegear
4 x Custom Catcher
1 x Great Catcher

1 x Bill
4 x Welder
2 x Cynthia & Caitlin

8 x Fire Energy
4 x Psychic Energy

Maybe I can change to Water version of mewtwo with Blastoise minis and Blastoise and Piplup but I dont think is as solid as the fire version.

What do you recommend me? And how to improve both?

Thank you in advance :)

the mewtwo straight loosesagainst keldeo GX. and the gardeon neeeds more power plant and less chaotic swell as well. other than that lists seem solid

IMHO MewMew is a bit better, though it can have a couple of really poor matchups. It also has been doing better (at least in the few tournaments this format) than Gardeon , though this might not be a good thing, as it may be more likely to be teched against. On a side note, isn't this more fit for the deck garage?

Where are you planning to play these decks? If it's a local League, then you should scout what other people are playing (especially the top players) and pick a deck that fares well against theirs. If it's PTCGO ladder, then you should play decks that don't fold to weird, one-of-a-kind decks and can win consistently, rather than decisively. If it's actual premier tournaments, then that's a whole different can of worms.

Back