'Pokemon V' Mechanic Announced: Zacian V, Zamazenta V from 'Sword & Shield!'

softsoph

Aspiring Trainer
The trainer art reminds me of the old EX era trainer art where they actually drew art for the trainer cards..

LanetteNetResearchEXSandstorm87.jpg
Marys-Request.UF.86.png

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Whta y'all seem to be missing is that Bede isn't Ken Sugimori artwork. What a surprise :eek:

Head to the Creative Works section of the forums!!
What part of the creative works? I look to it and I only see the Card Fake forums, card art contest forums, etc.

BTW, those were mentioned on the video is coming from the source where we give us CES Sceptile & TEU Nanu

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Well, if there was ever any doubt, I think this promotional Meowth V pretty much confirms that Vmax cards are the equivalent of Dynamax/Gigantamax.

Their effects and limitations remain to be seen of course. Looking forward to more info after I'm back from my internet hiatus to avoid spoilers until I can get the game x)

softsoph

Aspiring Trainer
Does anyone here think the Meowth V card's artwork looks quite nice?
It's very refreshing to me to see regular "GX/EX" type cards have drawn artwork again rather than the dreaded 5ban graphics..

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
It's very refreshing to me to see regular "GX/EX" type cards have drawn artwork again rather than the dreaded 5ban graphics..

Meowth's artist is aky CG works so definitely not hand drawn.

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
BUSTED CARDS
new energy looks clean
meowth v sucks

I never understand these kinds of comments, the fact is that its early days for Sword Shield and none of these V mechanic cards are intended to be exceptionally playable at this point.

They are purely and simply for promotional and collectability purposes. Just why be so bitter about it?

Think back to Snorlax GX, it wasnt particularly great or imaginative. But its soul purpose was to promote Snorlax's Pulverising Pancake Z Move in the Video Games and their transition into TCG.

Your more serious cards will come but why be so wound up about it so early on? Base set isnt out until January

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
I never understand these kinds of comments, the fact is that its early days for Sword Shield and none of these V mechanic cards are intended to be exceptionally playable at this point.

They are purely and simply for promotional and collectability purposes. Just why be so bitter about it?

Think back to Snorlax GX, it wasnt particularly great or imaginative. But its soul purpose was to promote Snorlax's Pulverising Pancake Z Move in the Video Games and their transition into TCG.

Your more serious cards will come but why be so wound up about it so early on? Base set isnt out until January
wound up? the card sucks plain and simple (i'm not "bitter" i'm just sharing my thoughts), sure it'll probably have something to do with a gigantamax meowth card but so what? does it really matter to you that much? also pretty sure swsh base set comes out february but okay.

SupStar

Aspiring Trainer
Love the new energy

Not a huge fan of the V Card Style, I think GX was a bit better. Looks like they did something weird with the colors like oversaturated or brightened them up or something. Can't put my finger on it...

Love that we're getting general energy power. So annoying to see Fire Type get an insanely powerful energy attaching card (2 energy AND draw 3, I can't be the only one who thinks that's OP...) and other types be left in the dust.

Love quickball and the evo incense too. It's nice to see some general cards instead of stuff that only works on certain types.

I hope they have less cards that actively counter V cards this gen. Imo they were way too hard on GXs and Tag Teams. The whole point of having them is that they're stronger than normal pokemon, but your opponent gets more prize cards for taking them out. Defeats the whole purpose if there are so many cards that punish you even further for using them like catchers, damage between turns, canceling their abilities even on the bench, doing bonus damage, etc. That stuff should be very specific if it exists at all, not just some general cards that can be thrown in with any deck (I thought things like Gen 6's Regice was fine because it was only immune for 1 turn to EXs after it used a specific attack, not an ability that makes it always immune with no cost)

Scoop

Literally a sheep
180 hp on Meowth. I wonder what the higher end HP limits would look like if 180 is the lower end.
For basics I'm going to assume the high-end would be 220 like Regirock V has. I'm assuming fully evolved ones are going to have Tag Team levels of HP and then those Max cards are gonna go higher and make the new limit.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Ok. I have a theory on the V Pokémon:

What we have seen so far, it’s basically it: the card style, everything. V’s aren’t that special. They are basically EX Pokémon with slightly better stats.

“OMG! PoWeR cReEp!”

Yes and no.

I think the stats are slightly modified because of current standards, but also, the V Pokémon DON’T HAVE A TYPE! They are basically BIG COLORLESS, but with type-specific attack costs and they can be hit FOR weakness.

No word on how this works with Gigantamax. But V’s are the “big colorless jumping off point”.

If this has already been said, disregard.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Ah crap. I thought they were all big Colorless EXs.

Ok, so it’s basically EX’s With power creep.
I'm sure the V Max mechanic that they teased is going to have some sort of mechanic that changes up the game. (Hopefully it's executed better than the games decided to do Dynamax/Gigantamax, though. It's easily one of the worst mechanics the main games have ever done, even if the Giga designs are great, they really could have just been Mega Evolutions. Kinda wasted potential for those designs if you ask me, but that's enough from me on my SwSh rambling, lol.)

I do hope the V-Max mechanic something interesting at least, there's a lot of things they could do. Maybe you can only have one per deck, or you can only attach it for a limited amount of time so you have to decide precisely when you're going to use it, creating a cool level of strategy where you have to decide "Do I use this now, or do I wait and put it on when I need it?" Like GX attacks but on a bigger level.