'Pokemon V' Mechanic Announced: Zacian V, Zamazenta V from 'Sword & Shield!'

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Player who goes first now can't use a Supporter on their first turn, so no Marnie to disrupt their hand. Marnie is not N on steroids because N is just a card too powerful and versatile and will overshadow any supporter that deals with having to shuffle both players hands into their deck,
if this is true, then whoever goes first will almost always lose as soon as the 2nd player starts moving, and attacking. Since you wont be able to use supporter to set up your bench, and hand.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
Ok but Pokebeach hasn’t reported that Japan is changing the rule to player who goes first cant play supporters (starting with this release).
it doesnt make any sense if you cant do anything besides using items, your essentially setting up for a free win on your opponnent if he/she goes second, even if doesnt knock your pokemon on the 2nd turn, he already can use supporter and attack which would leave your crippled. So the first turn, if the rule is true then

Otaku

The wise fool?
At least the powers-that-be finally realized what should have occurred to them by XY, if not earlier; if the game has a frequently used archetypal character, name the card after the archetype and not the character.

I kept saying that Professor Juniper and Professor Sycamore ought to each receive an errata changing the name to "Professor" and just "Professor", instead of having a special rule stating they cannot be used in the same deck and we could have gotten additional printing of "Professor" that featured other Pokémon Professor characters. Here's hoping we get an errata for those two so that they are now named "Professor's Research". I wouldn't mind the original Professor Oak getting in on the deal, either.

Idk why so many people keep complaining about the state of the pokemon video games when the TCG is a way more obvious cash grab at this point.

The short version is
  • The core video game series is the main focus of the franchise...
  • ...so its problems affect the other aspects of the franchise.
  • Personally, the video games have been failing since Gen III
Yeah, yeah... that last bit is subjective, though I think there is a decent amount of evidence for it. Stuff that I found acceptable in a Game Boy and even Game Boy Color game because of technical limitations were enshrined as core Pokémon mechanics, and it is frustrating.

Last edited:

Atrac059

Aspiring Trainer
Waiting for the realization that Victini V + Dedenne GX + Blacephalon GX + Welder can knockout out a 300hp Pokemon on turn two without beast ring.

Mudkip_Is_God

Aspiring Trainer
I am not a fan of the Pokemon V mechanic. Pokemon is just making the same things over and over again. First there were Pokemon ex, then Lv. Xs, then EXs, Megas, BREAKs, GXs, TAG TEAMS, and now Pokemon V. I'm not sure everyone will agree with me, but I think that Pokemon is trying to rip us off. I'm just waiting to see where this is headed, but right now it looks like a black hole for Pokemon. Although, that Victini V does look nice.

Otaku

The wise fool?
Waiting for the realization that Victini V + Dedenne GX + Blacephalon GX + Welder can knockout out a 300hp Pokemon on turn two without beast ring.

How?

Victini-V's "Fire Spreading" is an attack, not an Ability. Or did you mean "Player 2's turn." and not Turn 2 e.g. Player 2's first turn? It isn't really that impressive a combo in the case of the latter, is it?

I am not a fan of the Pokemon V mechanic. Pokemon is just making the same things over and over again. First there were Pokemon ex, then Lv. Xs, then EXs, Megas, BREAKs, GXs, TAG TEAMS, and now Pokemon V. I'm not sure everyone will agree with me, but I think that Pokemon is trying to rip us off. I'm just waiting to see where this is headed, but right now it looks like a black hole for Pokemon. Although, that Victini V does look nice.

I hear ya. I honestly wouldn't mind the recycling if it was done well, in a balanced manner. If Pokémon V are following the what we assumed was the original purpose of Pokémon-EX - a way to represent powerful Legendary or Mythical Pokémon in a balanced manner for the TCG - I'm only annoyed the powers-that-be haven't been thinking ahead. By now we need a catch-all term for specialty mechanic Pokémon, or at least those worth more than one Prize. Something less clunky than having to print "...Pokémon-EX or Pokémon-GX..." and that takes into account future mechanics (like Pokémon-V).

What really frustrates me is that they keep going back to tricks that do not produce a well-balanced TCG. Like I said, gimmicks are acceptable when they are well done. However, the Pokémon TCG's core mechanic of Evolution has never been properly balanced, especially in an organic manner inherent to the game mechanics and not enforced through Evolution support or awkward rule changes.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Quick Ball and Evolution Incense was revealed like it was leaked from a Youtube video
  • Quick Ball - 5 Geodudes
  • Magic Evo Search--- I mean Evolution Incense - 5 Geodudes
  • Bede - Really? 2 Geodudes
  • Meowth V - Ehh? MeowthVMAX?? 2 Geodudes
I want to see the cards to be confirmed soon.
  1. A tool card that reduces RC by CC.
  2. An Item card that drew up to 7 cards, after your Pokemon gets KO'd during your opponent's next turn.
  3. A "Bicycle" card that lets you draw until you have 6 cards in your hand but ends your turn.
  4. A "Team Yell Grunt" where you choose 1 energy frcm the Defending Pokemon and put that back on the opponent's hand.
  5. A tool card that does +10 dmg to the Defending Pokemon. Kinda like 1/2 of the Muscle Band.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Quick Ball:
I much prefer Nest Ball in terms of balance. QB requires an additional discard that not all decks are comfortable with. The ability to trigger ETB abilities is good - possibly too good.

Evolution Incense:
It's better than Timer Ball.

Bede:
Bede isn't Welder and that's a good thing. Lets hope he marks the limit for these types of effects going forward.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I would like to errata my previous post. Quick Ball is an obvious force to make people play Dedennes (and future similar cards), when 1st turn supporters get banned.

Nyora

A Cat
Whta y'all seem to be missing is that Bede isn't Ken Sugimori artwork. What a surprise :eek:

Quick Ball and Evolution Incense was revealed like it was leaked from a Youtube video
  • Quick Ball - 5 Geodudes
  • Magic Evo Search--- I mean Evolution Incense - 5 Geodudes
  • Bede - Really? 2 Geodudes
  • Meowth V - Ehh? MeowthVMAX?? 2 Geodudes
I want to see the cards to be confirmed soon.
  1. A tool card that reduces RC by CC.
  2. An Item card that drew up to 7 cards, after your Pokemon gets KO'd during your opponent's next turn.
  3. A "Bicycle" card that lets you draw until you have 6 cards in your hand but ends your turn.
  4. A "Team Yell Grunt" where you choose 1 energy frcm the Defending Pokemon and put that back on the opponent's hand.
  5. A tool card that does +10 dmg to the Defending Pokemon. Kinda like 1/2 of the Muscle Band.
Head to the Creative Works section of the forums!!

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if Majestic Dawn Quick Ball will get an Errata like Great Ball did

I hope for the errata, but in case they don't do it, since the previous print predated BW, I wonder if the reason why is to reduce marked card occurrences in tournaments by encouraging people to get the newer Quick Ball, rather than use their now likely more-worn and out-of-print Majestic Dawn versions of Quick Ball...