Discussion Best way to play Breloom?

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
Hey all, I’ve been testing Breloom a bit recently and I was wondering what the general consensus was on how to play Breloom. I’ve been using the Amoonguss version myself with no Mareep, and am fairly happy with how it goes. However, I’ve seen it played with a heavy Mareep line and no Amoonguss so I was wondering what you’ve been preferring and why.

Thanks

The amoonguss version can do more damage via poison,but also taking more space since you need some addition foongus to spam amoonguss' ability.That make it hard for the deck to take tech cards such as froslass,hoopa and venomoth.

I think of Breloom more as a secondary attacker. For example, he's a wicked tech (for any deck that plays grass) against PikaRom. You can even just evolve him from Ditto. His biggest downside - he's not searchable outside of Pokemon Communication, so that makes him an unreliable as an attacker.

With professor oaks setup in cec would help get a line out with mareep/shroomish/diancie or any other basics needed to pull anything off

With professor oaks setup in cec would help get a line out with mareep/shroomish/diancie or any other basics needed to pull anything off
Professor Elm's Lecture already does pretty much that, the only downside is that it can't grab Diancie. I'll have a look at whether Oak belongs in here over Elm, but I can't see the ability to grab Diancie being as useful as being able to grab 2 Shroomish, for example.

Back