Help how to beat archiestoise

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
so the archiestoise matchup with zoroark decks is bad because of espeoxoys, ik theres the bronzong from fates collide but that takes up space on your bench and can be annoying for the rest of the game. i'm asking specifically for zoroark checkmate so the prizes arent really the issue because of stinger gx. ive been trying to make a variant that dosent play brigette so you can fill the bench with 5 pokemon but deck space is a problem.

Try Suicune BKP? Getting it T1 may be tough because you’d either need to start it or luckily get a Float Stone or whatever, but since most achiestoise decks aren’t teching for it and to my knowledge don’t play escape rope (and even if they do, maybe play a 2nd lmao) so you are safe for that turn.

Try Suicune BKP? Getting it T1 may be tough because you’d either need to start it or luckily get a Float Stone or whatever, but since most achiestoise decks aren’t teching for it and to my knowledge don’t play escape rope (and even if they do, maybe play a 2nd lmao) so you are safe for that turn.
my current list only plays tate and liza for switching so that would take up too much deck space. bronzong is good but you have to go second so if you win the game 1 coin flip you have to opt to go second not knowing its archies or go first like you would against every other deck. and if you win game 1 your opponent can go second to get around it.

I believe Magearna ex is better for task of blocking placement of damage as effect. Just use 10-11 waters & 3-4 metals. EspyDex is only a threat if it has 6 total energy, enough for manual metal attach for turn followed by a combo from MewMew plus discarded Kingdra gx that pulls off a 5 water + choice band hydro pump cream vs. EspyDex...

Now, how many threats can beat that? Does one of those threats involve Garbotoxin?

^ Sorry... Unsure if the topic is how to beat archietoise or how to enable you to allow archietoise to better counter EspyDex...

Last edited:
I believe Magearna ex is better for task of blocking placement of damage as effect. Just use 10-11 waters & 3-4 metals. EspyDex is only a threat if it has 6 total energy, enough for manual metal attach for turn followed by a combo from MewMew plus discarded Kingdra gx that pulls off a 5 water + choice band hydro pump cream vs. EspyDex...

Now, how many threats can beat that? Does one of those threats involve Garbotoxin?

^ Sorry... Unsure if the topic is how to beat archietoise or how to enable you to allow archietoise to better counter EspyDex...
it was how to beat archiestoiese

You can try to play Bent spoon I guess. Thats a card that can help you out and does not take much space. Else, some pokemon are immuned to Espeoxys effects like Hoopa-EX and Keldeo-GX.

Back