• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Oak's Dark Box

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
first draft for a dark box deck for cosmic eclipse that takes advantage of the new oak's setup and red and blue tag team.
2 Darkrai Umbreon TTGX UNM
1 Mega Sableye Tyranitar TTGX UNM
2 Zoroark Greninja TTGX UNB
2 Sneasel (Water Type) Cosmic Eclipse
2 Weavile GX UNM
2 Type: Null ULP (don't think it matters which one you use)
2 Silvally GX Cosmic Eclipse
1 Ditto Prism LOT
1 Darkrai Prism ULP
1 Guzzlord Cosmic Eclipse
3 Professor Oak's Setup
4 Red and Blue Tag Team
4 Cynthia
3 Tag Call
3 Cherish Ball
3 Pokemon Communication
4 PokeGear 3.0
2 Great Catcher
2 Switch
3 Dark City
1 Black Market Prism
12 Dark Energy
professor oak's setup let's you play 3 pokemon of different type onto the bench, so you can grab a sneasel, type:null/ditto prism, and a dark type attacker all at once. red and blue is pretty much energy acceleration and an evo soda all on the same card so by turn 2 you can potentially have 6 energy in play (including darkrai prisms ability). dark city only gives free retreat to basic dark pokemon so the switch is for weavile and silvally.
i'll probably test it on table top sim sometime this week. any thoughts?

+1 mew3 for another oak searched attacker and for different weakness
i'm not entirely sure how well mew3 would work in the deck, opposing mew3 decks would play down jirachi gx or weakness guard energy, and it's an easy 3 prizes for malamar decks.

I'm testing something really similar. The main thing I changed since yesterday on PTCGO is the Silvally line. I now have a 3-3 line because you want it as soon as possible. For me it's more essential because I don't play Cynthia, and Silvally is my main draw engine. I play Tag team supporters instead and tag calls. I would get those dark city off. I play 3 or 4 Chaotic swells; the only thing you don't want is Power plant and it's also a great away to avoid decks with fire engine to use their stadiums.

Last edited:
the only thing I don"t like about this about this variation is the lack of energy recursion. especially since the attackers in the deck are so expensive losing all that energy with no nags to get em back just feels so bad and pretty much game ending.

The main difference with nag versions of Dark box is that this one is more aggressive. I haven't tried Greninja/Zoroark yet but its attack should be efficient if you're energy is blocked by Mimikyu's ability on the benched pokemon.

This the list I'm actually play testing:

* 1 Mega Lopunny & Jigglypuff-GX CEC 165
* 3 Type: Null CEC 183
* 3 Silvally-GX CEC 227
* 1 Darkrai {*} UPR 77
* 1 Greninja & Zoroark-GX UNB 222
* 1 Guzzlord CEC 136
* 1 Sneasel UNM 131
* 2 Umbreon & Darkrai-GX UNM 125
* 3 Weavile-GX UNM 132
* 2 Sneasel CEC 43

* 1 Cynthia & Caitlin CEC 189
* 2 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 2 Switch CES 147
* 3 Chaotic Swell CEC 187
* 3 Professor Oak's Setup CEC 201
* 1 Reset Stamp UNM 206
* 4 Red & Blue CEC 202
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Water Memory TEU 157
* 4 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182
* 2 Great Catcher CEC 192
* 4 Tag Call CEC 206

* 12 Darkness Energy SMEnergy 16

I didn't try Ditto because it doesn't evolve with Red & Blue. I don't know if I keep Darkrai prism star, I played the deck around 40 times the last 3 days and I only used his ability once...

Back