• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Turbo Ultra Necrozma - Cosmic Eclipse

momand

Aspiring Trainer
ultra necrozma does a lotta damage
Pokemon:
4x Ultra Necrozma CEC
2x Altaria DRM
2x Alolan Grimer SUM
1x Alolan Muk SUM
1x Tapu Lele GX
1x Dedenne GX
1x Shaymin EX ROS
1x Marshadow SLG
1x Arceus & Dialga & Palkia GX (+30 and extra prize for each knockout the entire game for just a dde? broken)

Trainers:
4x Professor Sycamore
3x N
2x Guzma
1x Lance Prism Star
1x Teammates
1x Guzma & Hala

4x Mysterious Treasure
4x Ultra Ball
4x Trainers' Mail
4x VS Seeker
2x Rescue Stretcher
2x Special Charge
2x Beastite
2x Choice Band
1x Computer Search
1x Float Stone

4x Silent Lab

Energy:
4x Double Dragon Energy

the strat: explosive turn 1 to get ultra necrozma to do 170

silent lab for early turns (stadiums are good in expanded so don't expect it to be out for long) muk for late game

Last edited:

MudkipKatana

Aspiring Trainer
I like it quite a bit, this UltraNec is one of the cards I was most excited for in Cosmic Eclipse. I'd alter it slightly since the Let Loose Marshadow is banned (or getting banned soon in Expanded). I'm also going for a 2/1 on the Choice Band/ Beastite split just because I'd prefer to have the earlier damage boost. I'm also not paying for Computer Search rn so I'm putting 2 A-Muks in as well as a Beast Energy. No real reason to not put it into a UB deck.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
I like it quite a bit, this UltraNec is one of the cards I was most excited for in Cosmic Eclipse. I'd alter it slightly since the Let Loose Marshadow is banned (or getting banned soon in Expanded). I'm also going for a 2/1 on the Choice Band/ Beastite split just because I'd prefer to have the earlier damage boost. I'm also not paying for Computer Search rn so I'm putting 2 A-Muks in as well as a Beast Energy. No real reason to not put it into a UB deck.
the only reason you don't play beast energy is bc it's an extra card that you don't need bc you already play 4 dde, 2 band and 1 beastite (yes i agree with your change on that)

as for marshadow's ban honestly i'm just gonna play the second shaymin and yes the 2-1 band/beastite split is good

MudkipKatana

Aspiring Trainer
the only reason you don't play beast energy is bc it's an extra card that you don't need bc you already play 4 dde, 2 band and 1 beastite (yes i agree with your change on that)

as for marshadow's ban honestly i'm just gonna play the second shaymin and yes the 2-1 band/beastite split is good
It's fair. I, personally, think that having that extra damage option could be clutch later on. You've got 170 base plus 30+ from Band or Beastite (Max 50) plus ADP's GX move for 30 more. At this point, you're at 230 - 250 damage. It's alot but not taking those Tag Teams down just yet. Assuming you Lance* for one or both Altarias that's another 20 - 40 damage. Your damage range is now 270 - 290. But what if you only get one Altaria out or one gets Guzma'd up (Not saying it will because you'll have Shaymin/ Dedenne/ Lele there as well).

A Necrozma with ADP, Band, and at least one Altaria is still hitting only 250. That nets you Mega LoPuff, PikaRom, and GrenArk. Having a Beastite and 4 Prizes taken will put you up to 260 which nets you GardEon (Notably). Very good numbers all around but hitting that 5 prize might be a little tricky. So having extra ways of fixing damage might help. I dunno. Just my opinion. Though it's probably the first thing I'll drop if I ever get my hands on a Computer Search.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
It's fair. I, personally, think that having that extra damage option could be clutch later on. You've got 170 base plus 30+ from Band or Beastite (Max 50) plus ADP's GX move for 30 more. At this point, you're at 230 - 250 damage. It's alot but not taking those Tag Teams down just yet. Assuming you Lance* for one or both Altarias that's another 20 - 40 damage. Your damage range is now 270 - 290. But what if you only get one Altaria out or one gets Guzma'd up (Not saying it will because you'll have Shaymin/ Dedenne/ Lele there as well).

A Necrozma with ADP, Band, and at least one Altaria is still hitting only 250. That nets you Mega LoPuff, PikaRom, and GrenArk. Having a Beastite and 4 Prizes taken will put you up to 260 which nets you GardEon (Notably). Very good numbers all around but hitting that 5 prize might be a little tricky. So having extra ways of fixing damage might help. I dunno. Just my opinion. Though it's probably the first thing I'll drop if I ever get my hands on a Computer Search.
I suppose it helps considering you only need to attach 1 energy to the ultra to get the damage off. If your opponent wiffs the knockout you can turn around and swing for loads of damage with it. :thonk emoji:

MudkipKatana

Aspiring Trainer
I suppose it helps considering you only need to attach 1 energy to the ultra to get the damage off. If your opponent wiffs the knockout you can turn around and swing for loads of damage with it. :thonk emoji:
Sorry. Don't mean to sound aggressive. I reread the thread and thought I sounded so.

Otherwise, yeah. It's just a personal preference. I like having an extra way of fixing damage numbers if I need to. Maybe you can attach to the back on a slow turn or one where all your attachments are done. But defs the first thing to drop in favor of Computer Search lol xD

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry. Don't mean to sound aggressive. I reread the thread and thought I sounded so.

Otherwise, yeah. It's just a personal preference. I like having an extra way of fixing damage numbers if I need to. Maybe you can attach to the back on a slow turn or one where all your attachments are done. But defs the first thing to drop in favor of Computer Search lol xD
I didn’t read it as aggressive xD

But yeah as long as u got the space for it and it works it seems good

momand

Aspiring Trainer
-1 grimer and +1 ditto so you can manually evolve into an alteria if you need to
not ideal bc of silent lab, but I like ditto anyway

I run muk just as a backup, but I like the 2-1 grimer/muk count.

-1 juniper
+1 ditto

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
Once Cosmic Eclipse is legal in Pokemon TCGO, I’m going to try a slightly different version. Instead of turbo, I want to use Garbotoxin to block any abilities. It would be more item based than turbo. I hadn’t considered Beastite, that’s a good point, I’ll take it. Another things I’d thought about damage modifiers was teching an Iris, although it needs to be tested. In my version, I plan to hit 210 every turn (for that, I need Ultra Necrozma, DDE, Choice Band and HTL). It’s enough to KO most basics and Stage 1 GX and you’re applying preassure since T1. You probably would want to add a Pokemon Ranger to the deck; otherwise, you autolose against Giratina EX (Chaos Wheel blocks you from playing Special Energies, Stadiums and Tools), and it’s played in Dark Box, which is pretty popular.

MudkipKatana

Aspiring Trainer
Question. Since I'm not too familiar with Expanded yet, what benefit does Garbodor have over A-Muk? Their abilities are identical outside of the necessary Tool attachment for Garbodor. Is it just personal preference or maybe there's a benefit there? And then yeah, maybe a single copy of Pokemon Ranger or Channeler would help against attacks from the likes of things such as Giratina EX. I don't think the deck has too much room for much else without sacrificing consistency so I likely wouldn't include Iris. And now that I've thought about it. Ability shutoffs make things like Shaymin EX and Dedenne GX and baby Altaria awkward don't they? Are there any other options for turbo that don't necessarily utilize those? Or are they mostly there for early game consistency before you get your other things out?

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
Garbotoxin shuts down all abilities (except Garbotoxin), while Alolan Muk’s ability only shuts down basic pokemon’s abilities. Just to put you in context @MudkipKatana , here are some abilities from evolved pokemon which are relatively good:
- Forest Curse from Trevenant XY
- Trade from Zoroark GX
- Irritating Pollen from Vileplume Ancient Origins
- Ruler of the Night from Honchkrow GX (this literally destroy this deck)
- Deluge from Blastoise Boundaries Crossed
- Abyssal Hand from Octillery Breaktrhough
- Blanket Weaver from Leavanny Unified Minds
- Nine Tentations from Ninetales Team Up
- Shadow Connection from Weavile GX

Other options, while not so common are Eelecktrick NVI and Bronzong PhF for energy acceleration, Aromatisse XY for energy management, Salazzle UNB and Zebstrika LOT for not dead drawing, Greninja XY/Greninja BREAK, Shedinja LOT, Raichu CRI, Naganadel LOT, Quagsire DRM, and the list goes on and on

MudkipKatana

Aspiring Trainer
Garbotoxin shuts down all abilities (except Garbotoxin), while Alolan Muk’s ability only shuts down basic pokemon’s abilities. Just to put you in context @MudkipKatana , here are some abilities from evolved pokemon which are relatively good:
- Forest Curse from Trevenant XY
- Trade from Zoroark GX
- Irritating Pollen from Vileplume Ancient Origins
- Ruler of the Night from Honchkrow GX (this literally destroy this deck)
- Deluge from Blastoise Boundaries Crossed
- Abyssal Hand from Octillery Breaktrhough
- Blanket Weaver from Leavanny Unified Minds
- Nine Tentations from Ninetales Team Up
- Shadow Connection from Weavile GX

Other options, while not so common are Eelecktrick NVI and Bronzong PhF for energy acceleration, Aromatisse XY for energy management, Salazzle UNB and Zebstrika LOT for not dead drawing, Greninja XY/Greninja BREAK, Shedinja LOT, Raichu CRI, Naganadel LOT, Quagsire DRM, and the list goes on and on
Ah! Didn't realize A-Muk only targeted basics. In that case, Garbodor is defs better. You're attaching Float Stones anyways so the restriction isn't much of a restriction anyways lol.

Also, how well does Honchkrow GX work in Expanded? It was amongst my first cards and I wanted to make it work when I first started playing (Yes, I'm newish having started only just after UNB was released). Still curious to see if it can work well.

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
Hi @TSA123 , how is your list working!?

I’ve been testing mine (with Garbodor) and got only 6/7 loses in around 50/60 matches, most of them due to T1 bricking. The toughtest Match Up is Honchkrow GX, unless you can avoid it’s ability in T1. Still waiting to face PikaRom (and more Archie’s, only faced one).

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Hi @TSA123 , how is your list working!?

I’ve been testing mine (with Garbodor) and got only 6/7 loses in around 50/60 matches, most of them due to T1 bricking. The toughtest Match Up is Honchkrow GX, unless you can avoid it’s ability in T1. Still waiting to face PikaRom (and more Archie’s, only faced one).
Haven't personally tested quite yet, haven't had the time lol

Nyora

A Cat
I dont think this deck is in a good position tp really do well in the format. Zorocontrol or ZoroGarb, specifically Faba which both decks can play, runs over this deck, especially with repeated use. Roweggs/Vileplume has also been known to run 4 copies of Faba, and Trev decks I've seen play Faba or E-Hammer as well. Zoroninja is scarily fast and is the best matchup, but can still be bad. Id say I think ADP is needed, but they CAN hurt since there's always a good chance it gets bonked by Dead End or even Dark Pulse. Ultra Necrozma itself has to meet up with Zoroninja's smaller attackers, Mew, Marshadow-GX, Darkrai'GX, Weavile-GX, and there's a good chance you wont be able to take on the bulk of Zoroninja, especially if they run Choice Band. I imagine Gardeon runs this over too do to healing spam but idk 100% how that mu plays out. Ultra Necrozma just doesn't look like it can really fit into the meta rn tbh.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
I dont think this deck is in a good position tp really do well in the format. Zorocontrol or ZoroGarb, specifically Faba which both decks can play, runs over this deck, especially with repeated use. Roweggs/Vileplume has also been known to run 4 copies of Faba, and Trev decks I've seen play Faba or E-Hammer as well. Zoroninja is scarily fast and is the best matchup, but can still be bad. Id say I think ADP is needed, but they CAN hurt since there's always a good chance it gets bonked by Dead End or even Dark Pulse. Ultra Necrozma itself has to meet up with Zoroninja's smaller attackers, Mew, Marshadow-GX, Darkrai'GX, Weavile-GX, and there's a good chance you wont be able to take on the bulk of Zoroninja, especially if they run Choice Band. I imagine Gardeon runs this over too do to healing spam but idk 100% how that mu plays out. Ultra Necrozma just doesn't look like it can really fit into the meta rn tbh.
Definitely agree with this. This was honestly just a card that seemed cool and powerful at first, but it's just not enough damage consistently to deal with control decks and it just dies to Eggrow.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Going forward I think you do need to add ADP and really try to go for that T1 GX attack. Doing 230 damage with choice band and KOing at least 2 Zoroaks/Lele/Shaymin can help you win tougher match ups in the prize trade.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
I feel like maybe you should test around with a one of Garitina Ex for the mirror just a suggestion though. Also do you think that honchcrow will see play at dallas.