• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Looking for a Mewmew techs

The Golden Mewtwo

Currently crying because I'm a 16 year old senior
I know the concept, I’m just looking for some techs that I can use in the expanded format. I’ve seen a mega Glalie tech that looks pretty good.

I used to play a Marshadow-GX Toolbox deck in expanded. Some of the GX/EX techs I used were:

Jolteon-EX for "Flash Ray", prevent damage from basic pokemon
Necrozma-GX for "Black Ray GX" 100 damage to each EX/GX
Glaceon-EX for "Crystal Ray", prevent damage from evolution pokemon
Epseon-EX for "Miraculous Shine", devolve evolution pokemon

These techs can be utilized by Mew3 as well. The strategy is to block attacks and spread damage. Once there's enough damage, use "Miraculous Shine", or switch to use Tapu Lele's "Magical Swap", Spiritomb's "Damage play" or Espurr's "Ear Kinesis" to take some unexpected knockouts

One card that would likely do very well in expanded is:

Incineroar-GX for "Crushing Punch", it does 130 damage + discards a special energy. [three colorless energy attack]

or

Dragonite-EX for "Hyper Beam", it does 130 damage + discards any energy. [four colorless energy attack]
Lugia-EX for "Aero ball" does 20 times the energy attached to both pokemon [two colorless energy attack]
"Deep Hurricane" might be good as well
Pretty much all of the Mega pokemon have great attacks to copy :)

It would help to know what variant and what Pokémon EX/GX techs you have. Right now, there’s several very viable Mewtwo & Mew-GX variants and their techs can vary wildly.

Off the top of my head, you need Jolteon-EX for any variant.

Back