Fun Most Prized PoKé-Items of Your Personal Collection

McKendra9123

Trio Master: Dark, Poison & Fire Trainer
Hey, fellow PoKéfans. ❤️.
So I'm curious what people hold as their most prized & most meaningful item(s) among their collection. So I was hoping we could all share photos here of them and geek out as much as we wanted over them. Looking forward to seeing what people upload.
Hopefully this will be a fun trend that brings fellow PoKéfans together in friendship & fellowship.

2EqPTEl.jpg

Definitely my base set 1st Edition Charizard. I pulled this out of my first ever pack of cards in January 1999, immediately sleeved it and it's never been taken out of this case ever since. Can't believe it's already been 20 years!

Last edited:
a few:
- 1st edition Base Zard
- complete Pre-Base item collection
- Staff Charizard (EVO) signed by Arita
- 2 Prerelease Bewear signed by Arita (unfortunately signed to my deadname. But I still love 'em)

My base Zard is up there (I know I don't have a 1st edition like everyone else does and that makes mine not as cool, but I still love it). But I'd probably have to go with this set of cards right here as my most prized items:

20190113_214047.jpg

(Apologies for the poor picture quality, it's the only pic of them I have all together).

BW is and always has been my favorite era, so finishing the set of Full Arts is definitely up there as the most prized part of my collection. They've got a ton of sentimental value and if I had to pick really what I most valued with my Pokemon collection it'd be that. There's a lot of other things I could say that about though but this is definitely the first that comes to mind.

Love what I'm seeing so far. So far my original cards from Gen 1 and 2 (old school cards when they first came out) are among my most prized items. But there are certain cards I hold more value & love for compared to the rest. Also have some toys, books, posters, video games, movies, fanmade art project and a tad more in my collection. My goal is to collect as much as I can from the first two Gens of the anime & cards before I end up selling them in maybe 40 years from now or such. Then use the money to go and live a peaceful & quiet life or maybe travel the world as a wanderer telling stories from my life experiences.

I have a cracked ice team plasma glaceon that IMO is beautiful but the main reason it is so special to me is because it was the theme deck I started with.
Cracked ice looks SO good. I also have the cracked ice alolan ninetales that I absolutely love.
Glaceon_Shattered_Holo_Rare.JPG

My most prized Pokemon items:
  • 1998 Poliwhirl plush that I've had for twenty years! He has lots of wear from being loved. :)
  • A Pocket Monsters picture frame that was given to me as a birthday gift many years ago.
  • Lapras ex card from Ruby & Sapphire (the very first ex card I got - and I pulled it at a birthday party, haha).
  • My Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath card collection.
  • Japanese Wishiwashi/Lana card from Dream League.
  • Japanese Lugia card from Neo Genesis.

It would be hard for me to choose a favourite thing in my collection but I guess sealed WOTC and EX era booster boxes always feel special to me so I'll say those.

It has gotta be my dark blastoise from the team rocket set, cause it’s the best blastoise card I got but also my 1st edition collection in general

A couple.

- Value-wise: Celebi Gold Star.

I use it in my Imakuni? theme deck because of the other 2 Celebi's that are close to identical to it (Neo Revelations and XY93). Celebi Gold Star is objectively awful, and one of the few cards who has an Ability (Poke-Power in this case) that DOES NOT SYNERGIZE with it's attack. It's attack wants more Energy on it to do more damage. It's Poke Power sacks all cards attached to it. It's so awful. I love it!

- Imakuni?'s Doduo (English)

I remember when this card first came out in Gym2 in Japan. Our card shop at the time got the Japanese booster sets in regularly, so you bet I was using tournament winnings to dump into boosters to get this thing (it was a white star chase rare). I never pulled it in the Japanese packs.

When I got back into the game in Christmas of 2016, I was shocked to see that they actually made this thing in English--I thought it was fanmade fake stuff. Nope. I bought 4 of them and made a deck with them instantly--I was also really happy that the English versions were super cheap compared to when I got 4 of them back in the day for about $50 a pop.
Now, for this next part you have to understand this: I have THE WORST pull rate of anyone here. I am the guy you buy booster AFTER because I am a magnet for the worst and lowest rares in any set. I could buy a sealed booster box and the highest rarity in any of the boosters would be Energy. That's how bad it is.
Cut to Christmas of last year, we went to my wife parents, as as a sort of "we know you like this, but haha, you're a nerd" gift, they got a 3-pack of Pokemon tins from Costco. And none of them had any boosters worth writing home about.
I wasn't expecting to pull anything neat or spectacular. But I was over the moon when I pulled Imakuni?'s Doduo ouf of the last tin. It's not in my deck, but it's going to stay in a toploader for a while. Ha!

Back