Discussion Going to a Pre-Release for First Time in 10 Years: What to Expect?

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Yo. Sorry if this is in the wrong place or has the wrong prefix; I haven't made an actual post here in like, ever.

After 10 years of absence from (but still keeping up with) the TCG, I'm planning to attend my first pre-release, for Cosmic Eclipse, next weekend. Is there anything other than the entry fee and a body that doesn't reek that I'm expected to bring, or anything I'm expected to do that might not be apparent from just seeing the event date and location? Thank you in advance.

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
Hey don()shinobi!

Most prereleases nowadays are pretty simple: show up with the entry fee and a Player ID, and you're pretty much set. You'll get the Build and Battle kit and more Energy Cards than you'll ever need, build a deck, then play. Other than that, there isn't much else you'd need to bring, though sleeves/trades might come in handy.

Good luck with your Prerelease!
-Alpha

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Oh, awesome. Thank you for the info and quick reply.
Do you think I should be bringing damage counters/dice (to track damage) and a legal randomizer as well, or are those expected to be there? I suppose it doesn't hurt to bring them, but if they're expected, I should probably be purchasing some.

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
Damage counters will come in handy, yes. Generally it's the players' responsibility to bring dice/coins/randomizers/etc. If you don't have any to use, often times other players will have some you can use, and sometimes game stores will just have random dice that can be used if necessary.