'Cosmic Eclipse,' November's English Set!

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
If being the largest set in history a great thing to accomplish so they’re doing pretty well on their streak on breaking their own records. For me, I’m just afraid on how many not so interesting Secret Rare cards will come on boxes instead of relevant ones for the standard meta, making prices go sky-high.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I'm just going to put this out there:

If you get a Secret Rare Draw Energy at your prerelease or random packs. Like, the corporeal actual card and not digital one. I need you to talk to me, I will get it off your hands; I need 4 of them.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I'm gonna go after these sets eventually at some point probably, just not the RR's/Gold stuff, I figured I don't need to put down hundreds for some rainbow palette swaps. But main-series Sun and Moon is the least of my priorities, I'm much more interested on finishing up gens 4 and 6 right now and going for whatever WOTC and EX era stuff I can get my hands on. I'd LIKE to be working on Hidden Fates, but haha that one's a disaster so never mind.

The CHR's taking the reverse slot are definitely a nice surprise. It'd have been awful for them to have the same rates as the average SR, especially when they're infinitely more appealing collectibles.
I'm right there with you with not focusing on the Rainbow Rares and secret rares. I gave a really good stab at collecting the first few Sun & Moon sets, but it just took a nose dive after a year. Financially, I can't keep up with these sets anymore. I would've loved to buy some Hidden Fates products for fun, though. But apparently, I wasn't allowed. And also right there with you, wanting to work on sets from Gens 4 to 6. Sounds so much more appealing.

I mean, I've been wanting better pull rates/ultra rare ratios like the HGSS era ever since EX's returned in Next Destinies. So anytime TPCi throws us a bone like these character rares (or Prisms or shinies in Hidden Fates), it's surprising.

I just wish Japan would slow down with both the amount of sets and the amount of ultra rares so that everywhere else in the world could take a breather. But that's not happening. If anything, I expect them to double down.

TheRealBro..

For everyone thats saying collectors Will be pissed.. uhm no. Not me anyway. Remember the ugly cgi ex’s from the gen 5 block? That was insulting. I’m not gonna complain when there’s cards like the stone Dialga/Palkia/Arceus and many more endearing artworks like those character cards. Awesome set

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
That's what I've been doing for years now, just buying the singles that I want. It's cheaper in the long run even with an average set.
This! I used to get a case as got prob 95% of set mastered, then made a good bit back selling codes, bulk and single cards but prob since burning shadows i just get 2 boxes and a ETB and 1 of each blister for promos, from that you will get majority of regular set and if lucky 4-5 SRs (last 3 sets ive got 2 SR a box but lucky i know) rest i just buy single or trade for or get the odd pack from league/events etc plus if you wait until rotation majority of cards will nose dive same when new set comes out DONT buy in first 4-5 weeks as thats when most collectors make a grab, bide your time the prices move down considerably - will be 1 or 2 cards that will be the exception for but if your going after a complete set "long runs the fox" be patient its a lot easier than you think....

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
This! I used to get a case as got prob 95% of set mastered, then made a good bit back selling codes, bulk and single cards but prob since burning shadows i just get 2 boxes and a ETB and 1 of each blister for promos, from that you will get majority of regular set and if lucky 4-5 SRs (last 3 sets ive got 2 SR a box but lucky i know) rest i just buy single or trade for or get the odd pack from league/events etc plus if you wait until rotation majority of cards will nose dive same when new set comes out DONT buy in first 4-5 weeks as thats when most collectors make a grab, bide your time the prices move down considerably - will be 1 or 2 cards that will be the exception for but if your going after a complete set "long runs the fox" be patient its a lot easier than you think....
Yep. This is exactly how I do it ever since Lost Thunder. Like...to the letter. Also, when I do buy the singles, I get the GXs and Full Arts last so if I pull one while getting the rest of the cards, it can go in the set and it's more fun.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I'll still complete the sets eventually but since Lost Thunder the bloat of the sets + the high cost of meta-relevant cards has made me do the smart thing and abandon trying to complete these monster sets while they're still in the rotation. Which I really should have been doing for years now, since just look at how much rainbow Tapu Lele GX's value has crashed since it rotated out.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I'll still complete the sets eventually but since Lost Thunder the bloat of the sets + the high cost of meta-relevant cards has made me do the smart thing and abandon trying to complete these monster sets while they're still in the rotation. Which I really should have been doing for years now, since just look at how much rainbow Tapu Lele GX's value has crashed since it rotated out.
Yeah, it definitely helps waiting for rotation. The only reason I hadn’t finished roaring skies back when it was out was because of how much Shaymin was going for (and because I couldn’t, and still to this day have never pulled or found Mega Turbo at my local card shop, lmao. I swear it’s avoiding me). It’s just a bummer when there’s certain cards that have been out of rotation for years that demand ridiculous prices because of expanded (DEX Zorua, Eggies, a LOT of the ace specs). You’re not gonna see me blowing 40 dollars on a computer search, that thing has barely any collectible appeal to it when I could spend that on something way nicer. Really hope they reprint that someday but they most likely won’t.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Yeah, it definitely helps waiting for rotation. The only reason I hadn’t finished roaring skies back when it was out was because of how much Shaymin was going for (and because I couldn’t, and still to this day have never pulled or found Mega Turbo at my local card shop, lmao. I swear it’s avoiding me). It’s just a bummer when there’s certain cards that have been out of rotation for years that demand ridiculous prices because of expanded (DEX Zorua, Eggies, a LOT of the ace specs). You’re not gonna see me blowing 40 dollars on a computer search, that thing has barely any collectible appeal to it when I could spend that on something way nicer. Really hope they reprint that someday but they most likely won’t.
I spent the money on Computer Search mainly because it is so playable that finding a M/NM card was getting really hard!

SupStar

Aspiring Trainer
Correction: Most painfully bloated set in history

God I hope they fix this with worldwide releases. I wanna be able to get a pack and not enter the lottery of having a 1/20 chance of getting the GXs I want... If a pack comes out in Japan focusing mostly on Dark pokemon and I want to make a Dark Deck, I wanna be able to buy that specific pack, not have the cards from that pack be merged with 2 other sets I don't care as much about and end up having to open 100 to get the specific ones I want without having to trade...

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I spent the money on Computer Search mainly because it is so playable that finding a M/NM card was getting really hard!
Yeah, that's a good point. I just don't ever play the TCG outside of PTCGO, I mainly collect, so the demand for Search doesn't really apply to me in the same way it does people who play Expanded. I only want it to complete my favorite set ever, so once I got one I'd slip it in the binder and call it a day. Maybe I'll just get a WC version like I'm planning on doing with Beaches for the BW promos. (Because unless they reprint beach, there's no way I'm blowing that much cash on those).

Atrac059

Aspiring Trainer
And I'm moving to only buying singles. This is ridiculous. I don't even get the cards to collect, I buy to play the game.

judda94

Aspiring Trainer
Great another set where I don't bother getting many packs.

I used to love buying a booster box, yes i know its a waste of money but it was fun and you would be within touching distance of finishing the set. But now? Whats the point just buy singles be boring, don't get any surprises.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
It would be nice if we some clarity about Magneton's Ability, because you guys say that the Ability Knocks Out Magneton, but Bulbapedia said the Ability doesn't Knock Out Magneton.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magneton_(Cosmic_Eclipse_69)

UNLESS, the Ability is to be translated by The Pokémon Company as: Once during your turn (before your attack), you may Knock Out this Pokémon. If you do, search your deck for up to 3 Supporter cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

Therefore making the use of the Ability optional.