Gigantamax Charizard, Pikachu, Meowth, Eevee Revealed!

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Oh yes, a third mega form of Charizard. Just what we wanted.

Also, Meowth is just straight up longcat. Why. Is it seriously just so he can use it in anime?

Eevee's cute though.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
So, we got another charizard form.
Instead of gigantamaxes for:
Sceptile
Magnezone
Rayquaza
Ho-Oh
Hypno
Lilligant
Torterra
Blastoise
Serperior
Delphox
Xerneas

I can keep going. There are other pokemon than Pikachu and Charizard. We all know it- we're tired of them.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Sceptile
Magnezone
Rayquaza
Ho-Oh
Hypno
Lilligant
Torterra
Blastoise
Serperior
Delphox
Xerneas

I can keep going. There are other pokemon than Pikachu and Charizard. We all know it- we're tired of them.
I mean of course they're going to have special forms to their mascots, idk why anyone would get salty over that. But also we dont even know the full list of pokemon that can yet. I'm not sure it legendaries will be able to, but the others I could easily see them being giga'd.

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
Sunday’s 4chan leaker said Gigantamax Charizard looked like a combo of both mega evolutions. I can kinda see that with the above image, although it is a stretch. I’m of the belief that he’s probably a faker, but it will be interesting to see if anything else that may come in the trailer tomorrow can solidly disprove him, cause Charizard GM leaves room for reasonable doubt, but doesn’t write him off completely yet.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Sunday’s 4chan leaker said Gigantamax Charizard looked like a combo of both mega evolutions. I can kinda see that with the above image, although it is a stretch. I’m of the belief that he’s probably a faker, but it will be interesting to see if anything else that may come in the trailer tomorrow can solidly disprove him, cause Charizard GM leaves room for reasonable doubt, but doesn’t write him off completely yet.

Thanks for pointing out this leak, I hunted for it. It is very convincing, yet completely unfounded. TPCi been careful when revealing info that would prove the previous leaker as true, so I wonder if the stream/this corocoro will actually help clear either of them up...

dom

Aspiring Trainer
Oh yes, a third mega form of Charizard. Just what we wanted.

that's just it. sarcasm is kinda silly in this instance, because truth is majority of fans DO want Charizard to get these kinds of special versions. we're talking about pretty much the most popular pokemon. people who aren't happy about charizard being used frequently in all pokemon mediums are a very small (all be it vocal) minority.

Sceptile
Magnezone
Rayquaza
Ho-Oh
Hypno
Lilligant
Torterra
Blastoise
Serperior
Delphox
Xerneas

Lol why are you even remotely surprised by this. Pikachu is the mascot and literal face of the series. People unfamiliar with pokemon know pikachu, Whilst charizard is almost as familiar & pretty much the most popular pokemon.

take the 11 pokemon you listed, Charizard is more popular and more recognisable than all of them...combined. there's a reason he was 1 of only 2 to get multiple mega evolutions. he appears in virtually everything pokemon related, playable in pokken, smash, featured in detective pikachu (game & film) etc.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
that's just it. sarcasm is kinda silly in this instance, because truth is majority of fans DO want Charizard to get these kinds of special versions. we're talking about pretty much the most popular pokemon. people who aren't happy about charizard being used frequently in all pokemon mediums are a very small (all be it vocal) minority.
There's a big difference between doing something fun with Charizard (like the regional variant or a mega, even if I personally dislike megas), and re-doing something you've already done and completely ignoring that previous thing.

It's possible that I wasn't the only one to dislike Megas and GameFreak decided to abandon them. It's possible that Megas turned out to be a bother, because GameFreak loves dropping ideas and never developing on them further. But this is the first Pokemon with a Mega that has been shown to have a Gigantamax form.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Man, now I'm really wondering -- who was the "angry" leaker?

Clearly they were someone high up the chain, right? The leak, which came out wayyyy early on, has been 99% accurate to date (the only thing that was incorrect was Galarian Meowth). Not only that, almost every single SwSh news drop has something from the leak, so unless there isn't much new in SwSh to begin with, it seems like the leaker had the full marketing plan for the games starting from the reveal leading right up to release.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I'm not looking forward to the cards. I'm not against the concept of dynamaxing and gigantamaxing, but I don't really want a Meowth card that looks like that and I doubt that many of them actually are good-looking.