'Cosmic Eclipse,' November's English Set!

SupStar

Aspiring Trainer
Really hoping the theory on TCG expansions being worldwide in Gen 8 is true. Tired of seeing cards months early and then getting this massively bloated packs where I have to open 100 to get the few GXs that I want...

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
I'm still thinking that Dragalge translation has a mistake on it.

I'm so curious to know what will be the rest of the secret ones. And also to know when and how we will get the other cards. :3

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Pls cut the Bellelba & Brycen-Man FA to Mallow & Lana FA Talking to each other. Since that FA was one of the 59 SR in Tag All-Stars

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
I'm still thinking that Dragalge translation has a mistake on it.

I'm so curious to know what will be the rest of the secret ones. And also to know when and how we will get the other cards. :3
It might sound crazy but I think we might have to get a mini sub-set. Not a sub-set like Hidden Fates or Shining legend, a MINI sub set. Sounds silly but there's absolutely no way we can get all of Tag All Stars as secret rares, and they can't all be promos.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Pls cut the Bellelba & Brycen-Man FA to Mallow & Lana FA Talking to each other. Since that FA was one of the 59 SR in Tag All-Stars

As someone who wants Bellelba & Brycen-Man FA. I love it.

Really surprised it made it in. Really thought L&M would have made it in.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Bellelba and Brycen-Man FA but no Misty and Lorelei FA? I swear I must be playing a game of Monkey's Paw with these people and their choices.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
I think I might be quitting at least buying packs after the sun and moon block ends. This is just sad how do you expect people to actually get all 27 or 26 full arts. A sad money grab in my opinion.

Oddish22

Aspiring Trainer
I think I might be quitting at least buying packs after the sun and moon block ends. This is just sad how do you expect people to actually get all 27 or 26 full arts. A sad money grab in my opinion.
You often needed to spend a lot of money to complete a set (Neo shining Pokémon, Gold stars), but I totally agree that it's too many. How many rares? How many holos?
SR > FA > rares > holos, but it should be rares > holos >> FA >>> SR. If there's so many, then they need to change the pack concepts, like having 6 FA+2 SR per box in some packs in addition to a guaranteed rare.
1 pack would have 1 rare non-holo and either a holo/GX, FA or SR.
But let's see how it will be in the Japanese Sword and Shield sets first. Maybe they cut the Rainbow rares or reduce secret rare numbers.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Well we know now that Leafeon and Glaceon will not make the set, unless they are released in Sword and Shield. Though there is some confusion with Magneton's Ability as Bulbapedia has claimed that the Ability doesn't knock out Magneton.

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
SO MUCH CARDS
(and so much scrolling)

Anyways, great catchers seems pretty good.... until the Pokemon V come out that is.

(unless they want to finally standardize that cards referring to EX/GX, if not specifically intended for a certain type, apply to all EX/GX/V pokemon.... how much we gonna have to print on Safeguard cards?)

Sparkeagle

Aspiring Trainer
SO MUCH CARDS
(and so much scrolling)

Anyways, great catchers seems pretty good.... until the Pokemon V come out that is.

(unless they want to finally standardize that cards referring to EX/GX, if not specifically intended for a certain type, apply to all EX/GX/V pokemon.... how much we gonna have to print on Safeguard cards?)
Now I'm just going to assume TPCI will create the Generations "Catcher" in the last year like how Mega Catcher was introduced but becomes irrelevant once the new mechanic is taking more top deck spots

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I guess I forgot to mention this when the card was revealed, but I hate the concept behind Great Catcher?
I'm pretty baffled that they've decided to put a Gust effect on an item, without any restrictions other than a minor cost. Hell, I actually like the current meta - you can Gust twice a game and you actually need to work for it. Now we're not just back to Guzma/Lysandre, now we're pulling Pokemon from the bench willy-nilly.

Flash~ZT0

Aspiring Trainer
Oh hey MTG, nice to see ya here again.

These sets are just too big, especially for packs being released with only 10 cards. I don't think we should have bigger packs, instead we should eliminate the smaller Japanese sets so that International sets dont come out so bloated.

Who remembers sets like Dark Explorers with 111 cards or Furious Fist with 113 cards? They had some memorable, meta-defining cards in their day.

I can't keep up with this game anymore. Every set it seems that they come out with a bigger atom bomb of a card. And printing stuff like the 3rd basculin or bronzor in the same set dosent help at all. It makes it impossible to pull anything in packs. For example, when unified minds came out I bought an ETB and 6 packs, and all I got was 1 cherish ball and 1 reset stamp. It was ridiculous. With that money i shouldve just bought a ttgx, and their prices are blown out of proportion too because everyone is buying the same 3 cards tbh.

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Oh hey MTG, nice to see ya here again.

These sets are just too big, especially for packs being released with only 10 cards. I don't think we should have bigger packs, instead we should eliminate the smaller Japanese sets so that International sets dont come out so bloated.

Who remembers sets like Dark Explorers with 111 cards or Furious Fist with 113 cards? They had some memorable, meta-defining cards in their day.

I can't keep up with this game anymore. Every set it seems that they come out with a bigger atom bomb of a card. And printing stuff like the 3rd basculin or bronzor in the same set dosent help at all. It makes it impossible to pull anything in packs. For example, when unified minds came out I bought an ETB and 6 packs, and all I got was 1 cherish ball and 1 reset stamp. It was ridiculous. With that money i shouldve just bought a ttgx, and their prices are blown out of proportion too because everyone is buying the same 3 cards tbh.
I 100% agree about the Unified Minds pull rates. I must have opened around 40-50 packs of it by now, and I only pulled 1 Cherish Ball, 1 Reset Stamp and 1 Coach Trainer myself, I had to buy singles for the rest that I needed. I think it's ridiculous to get a pack with 3 random useless uncommon Pokemon and a rare from one of the family set things in a pack (this has happened to me multiple times, especially with the useless Toxapex which is somehow a rare). At this point I think we should either be guaranteed at least 2 Trainer cards and 2 Uncommon Pokemon, rather than the ridiculous amount of repeating commons and uncommons.

With the current set sizes and the kinds of packs that Japan gets, I really believe that we should start getting packs with 4 Commons, 2 Trainers, 2 Uncommon Pokemon, 1 Reverse, 1 Rare and 1 Holo Rare+. At this point, I'm always disappointed if the last card isn't a GX or secret, because of how useless normal Pokemon are in the current meta. And when holos are actually usable, they seem to be rarer than GX's! In Team Up, I managed to pull 3 useless Lycanrock GX's and not a single Jirachi... please TPCi, give us some packs like the Japanese ones with guaranteed GXs, I mean even the Hidden Fates packs are ridiculous... we only want the shinies yet we were given 3 in 4 packs of just useless cards...

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Guaranteed GX sets only happen once per year in the super-bloated 200 card reprint sets. Your standard Japanese sets for the rest of the year don't even have guaranteed rares.

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Guaranteed GX sets only happen once per year in the super-bloated 200 card reprint sets. Your standard Japanese sets for the rest of the year don't even have guaranteed rares.
I know that, but all our sets since Lost Thunder have been "super-bloated 200+ card" sets ya know? And I wouldn't mind it if our packs were like Japanese with only 5 cards and no guaranteed rares, if that's how they were. But they aren't, so I would be happy with either changing out pack structure to theirs or improving it to the one I mentioned in my previous post.

And again, with their guaranteed once a year GX sets; how come our "special set" was literally just bloat and 1 in 4 shiny?