• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dust Storm (Alolan Ninetales / Jirachi)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
DUST STORM

2b4c9c6a841129f51e3212d755148be1--pokemon-gardevoir-pokemon-starters.jpg

Pokémon (12):

• 4 Alolan Ninetales SM12 (beatdown)
  • 4 Alolan Vulpix SM7b (evolution)
  • 1 Frost Rotom SM5 (beatdown)
  • 3 Duskull SM11a (discard)
Trainer (48):
  • 2 Aether Employee (retrieval)
  • 4 Prof. Elm's Lecture (search)
  • 4 Hapu (search)
  • 4 Lillie (draw)
  • 2 Fairy Charm Ability (discard)
  • 3 Adventure Satchel (search)
  • 2 Fairy Charm UB (discard)
  • 4 Giant Bomb (beatdown)
  • 2 Fairy Charm D (discard)
  • 1 Fairy Charm G (discard)
  • 2 Fairy Charm P (discard)
  • 2 Fairy Charm F (discard)
  • 2 Fairy Charm L (discard)
  • 3 Escape Board (retreat)
  • 4 PokéGear 3.0 (search)
  • 4 Acro Bike (draw)
  • 3 Shrine of Punishment (beatdown)

STRATEGY:

Start with Alolan Vulpix and use Professor Elm’s Lecture to search for two Duskull and another Alolan Vulpix. Use Disembodied Soul to discard unwanted Pokémon tools and refresh the hand with Lillie and Clay next turn. Evolve Alolan Vulpix into Alolan Ninetales and continue to discard unwanted Pokémon tools. Attack with Dust Blow to hit for a solid 120 damage on the second turn.

SPOILER:

Alolan Ninetales
Stage 1 Fairy Pokémon - evolves from Alolan Vulpix
HP: 110
[.] Dust Blow: 10x
This attack does 10 damage for each Pokémon tool card in your discard pile.
Retreat Cost: C
Weakness: M
Resistance: D

Duskull
Basic Psychic Pokémon
HP. 40
Once during your turn, you may discard 3 cards from your hand. If you do, search your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokémon and put it onto this Pokémon to evolve it. Then, shuffle your deck.
[P] Ominous Eyes
Put 2 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon.
Retreat Cost: C
Weakness. D
Resistance: F

Last edited:
Straight ninetales eh? Neat. Only thing I can think is you might want 2 (3 for prizing) fairy dolls, clay won't discard them so you can drop them down, and immediately put them on the bottom of the deck. I'd want to do that in my rotom deck, because (based on my experience with rotom) decking out is a real issue with this type of deck.

Hi rewster1,

Thanks for the review. Sounds like a nice idea. Lillie's Clefairy Doll worked real well in Excadrill and this deck may run through its resources equally fast. I will take out Wonderous Labyrinth and one copy of Aether Foundation Employee for two Lillie's Celfairy Dolls.

Hi folks,

Tested the deck a little and decided to revise the list to include Duskull as the main Pokémon tool discard mechanic and focus on Professor Elm's Lecture and draw supporters to ensure a stable card flow.

Hi Sharkrai,

The deck works well versus GX-based decks in general due to the Fairy Charms and the potential to uptrade with the opponent. it has issues when faced with faster non-GX-based decks.

What about replaicing a Duskull with Sabley CLS? It will let you to get a more consistent, though less aggressive, discarding effect.

What about replaicing a Duskull with Sabley CLS? It will let you to get a more consistent, though less aggressive, discarding effect.

Hi Missilistico,

Thanks for the review. The main benefit of Duskull is that it discards Pokémon Tools from your hand which combos nicely with Lillie as the main draw supporter in this deck. Sableye looks at the top card of your deck and allows you to choose whether you want to dicard it or not. In addition to the aforementioned benefit Duskull is faster and you know in advance what you are going to dicard with it. The argument in favor of sableye that I could see is that it has higher HP and is therefore less vulnerable to spread damage.

Back